Default Can you be banned for logging in on a lot of MAC addresses?

Lately I've been playing on a lot of different computers, which forces an authentication email due to a different MAC address, I've got no problem entering all these but I remember back when the ISP blocks first started I heard about a few people who were banned for changing MACs on VPNs frequently. Is there any truth to that? I'd like to know before I end up in a bad spot.

I'm not sure, but I imagine that it is possible it might get your account locked as a security measure since that could be seen as suspicious behavior that could possibly indicate that your account has been compromised. That said, I've played regularly on with 3 different MAC addresses for roughly two years, and haven't had any problems.
    Last edited by Anduril; May 24, 2015 at 12:18 AM.

Yes, you can banned from logging in from "too many" different MAC address in short time period, it's a security measure that SEGA put.

The ban itself are not permanent, when you do get banned for it however you can appeal your ban to lift it instantly but only if you can communicate with them.

But for note, the ban for logging in for different MAC address appears to be happening randomly, so it's not going to happen all the time.

Does logging into a previous computer after using another one require you to enter the code again, or do you need to enter it only once per computer?

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Sol View Post
    Does logging into a previous computer after using another one require you to enter the code again, or do you need to enter it only once per computer?
    Only once per MAC address; if you get a new network card for a computer you previously had, or switch from a wired connection to a wireless one on the same computer (or vice versa), you will need an authorization code.