Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

You are literally getting upset at market forces being willing to take a profit hit that you aren't.

If some guy comes along and decides to be the Walmart of space shirts, don't get pissed because you're Aber&Fitch.

If it's genuinely worth 5m, then buy up the 2m ones and resell them for 5m. :T
    FiliaMortis * SARA-013 * Kiyoko * Akane * Vikky * Mei * Alicia * Ophelia

Mattykins - Ship 02

Quote Originally Posted by NightfallG View Post
    You are literally getting upset at market forces being willing to take a profit hit that you aren't.

If some guy comes along and decides to be the Walmart of space shirts, don't get pissed because you're Aber&Fitch.
    In most cases, these people aren't willingly taking a profit hit, they just want their stuff to sell ASAP so they can buy what they want.

What happen is someone undercut the market by too much, then other seller that want to sell this item think the undercut price is what it should be selling for so they undercut that further. And for obscure items that aren't obtainable anymore, that mean you aren't selling that item anytime soon unless you undercut yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattykins View Post
    If it's genuinely worth 5m, then buy up the 2m ones and resell them for 5m. :T
    That's pretty risky, but I end up doing this more often than not.

Youtube: AlphaBlob | Discord Server | Ship 02: Akahana | ID: AlphaBlob | Team:『Khaos』

In most cases, these people aren't willingly taking a profit hit, they just want their stuff to sell ASAP so they can buy what they want.
    ...That'd be willingly taking a profit hit. It's also sometimes called a fire sale liquidation. Do you economics?

Quote Originally Posted by NightfallG View Post
    ...That'd be willingly taking a profit hit. It's also sometimes called a fire sale liquidation. Do you economics?
    ...Do you even understand what the rant is about?

Sure when you cut the price by a few thousand, you could call that taking a profit hit, but when you suddenly cut it by millions for no reason, they're not just taking a profit hit, they're affecting value of the item itself and in most cases these people have no idea what they're doing, they're just impatient and want to buy their item ASAP.

I don't care when someone undercut me by a million and then the price go back to what it was, I care when the undercut change the value of the item and forces you to sell for cheaper.

Youtube: AlphaBlob | Discord Server | Ship 02: Akahana | ID: AlphaBlob | Team:『Khaos』

Yeah that's a shame. If I start selling stuff I only put on the same price as the cheapest one, that way I don't undercut and it appears as the cheapest one even if it is the same price.

I am a HUcast to know what you are take the quiz here.

Quote Originally Posted by Renvalt View Post
    Bubsy?! Bubsy, is that you?! I know it's supposed to be Nyau btw, but seriously - that thing looks like a wannabe Bubsy with a Kokiri Lightsaber.

Its all about the monies. 0/
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

Same happened to me a few weeks ago, I decided to sell the Beaumaidress (ピュアメイドドレス) in dark blue because no one had it up on the market. I waited 3 days before deciding on it since no one was selling it still. Decide to throw it up for 10mill just for kicks, if it didnt sell the next day I would drop the price further (little by little).

Get on the next day see prices:

-10mill (mine)
    -10mill (price matched by someone else)
    -9mill
    -7mill
    -5mill
    -4mill
    -3mill
    -3mill
    -2mill
    -2mill

and just like that I took the item off market until these guys get rid of theirs because suddenly "hey i feel like selling this outfit cuz i want to" follow by item price destroyed.

I dont get the mentality of people who can't price match or just undercut by very little so we all make some money in the long run but instead they feel the need to destroy the market value of the item

Whether or not it's worth that price isn't what I'm getting at, it's how people just can't wait or price match and destroy its value so fast you end up having to hold on to it even longer
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; May 30, 2015 at 01:44 AM.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

I call it "undercunting" when undercutting goes too far.

Like are you really considering the money got/time it'll sell/item's worth? Or did this just become a how low can you go race.

If you want to be the lowest on the list just go down 1k or something. If everyone's not making a sell at the original price then sure go down a mil or two. I think what's happening is 3 day tickets being scarce make sellers impatient cause not everyone is premium/shop buyer. That'd be my only way of justifying the thought process of don't-think-just-price-a-mil-lower-than-the-lowest-guy. and the more actually common the item(clothes) the worse it's effect.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Well people are impatient and are greedy. People just undercut the last person that list their item for the lowest price the item falls under and so on.