Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1421222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Splatoon

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kevlar_pso View Post
    Splatoon has been garning a lot of attention. During Geoff Keighley's Video Game Awards. He awarded Splatoon two awards. Best Shooter & also for Best Multiplayer Game. This is huge, considering the competition in both categories. Over on the Player One Podcast, one host gave the game runner up & another gave it game of the year. This is coming from former editors/game reviewers of EGM.
    I loved it when I heard that as well, then again there isnt much competition if your opponents are games that just milk out a new game every year becuase they have to make money instead of taking time to make a good proper new game.

Splatoon is fresh and new in this entire gerne with its swiming and hiding in Ink that gives the game a complete new dimension and its fun to do as well. For skilled players the ink hiding gives a whole new level of tactics and skills as well that you can't get in any other game in the gerne.

Seeing how they keep making maps every few months and all of them are also new, fresh and add something completely new (convent belt in Piranha Pit, Moving platforms in Museum, Mahi Mahi sinking the area half way in the game etc) to make them fun and intresting shows how well the game is doing. I'm pretty sure Nintendo didn't expect it to be this big of an hit.

I hope they will provide new content for a long time becuase this cause deserves it. If they would only give EU more proper splatfest theme's I would be happy xD

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

So appearntly Splatoon will stop recieving content updates this month.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1163358

This is sad news but enough is enough at some point. Here is hoping for a sequel on the NX but I dunno if they can boost the same magic this game holds with a sequel.

Celestial Manager~
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

Very timely, though. I would agree, as I think closing it off would set up the game as a possible tournament entry. Adding in the LAN option (currently only in the hands of Nintendo) would put the metaphorical bow on this present. Something I would hope they do, and if so, do it before the Summer. Let it become a free-tournament case while the game is still hot.

As for the magic. I think it may be good for at least another sequel. They kind of created a sub-genre with this game and one I believe that has legs. The big hook of the game happens to be game styles not present in other titles, right now. Having it already reach e-Sports status in Japan, does help.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Jan 7, 2016 at 04:47 PM.
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

The news about Splatoon no longer receiving updates was as far back as late December. If there's a sequel they'll more than likely need to reinvent a few things so that they would flow together as things do currently.

In the meantime I see headlines about Splatoon watches and other merchandise. If there's anything to go on, is that Splatoon made a huge impact with 2015.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Hucast w/no breakfast kevlar_pso's Avatar

I wonder if a slightly scaled down version could run on the New 3DS? At any rate, Splatoon 2 on the NX will be a big hit.

I still would love to see where people get the info we even get a Splatoon 2. I can't make it out of the OP of that topic I linked that we even get a Splatoon 2.

I just hope they keep the servers active for at least 1-2 years after NX release, or longer, so we can still play it. You can only go so far with the story campaign afterall. Or maybe they just port it to the NX and Wii U owners of the game can get a free copy for the NX if they move over before a certain time. I highly doubt they can make NX and Wii U crossplatform compatible for online play.

Celestial Manager~

Hucast w/no breakfast kevlar_pso's Avatar

Splatfest has started! It runs until 8pm Alaska time Saturday. For us United Statesians, it is team Future vs. team Past. I picked past, because I wanted to see how rough life was for my people (Eskimos) in Alaska back in the day. It was a tough choice for sure. Seeing as how I am such a big Star Trek fan.

EU's next splatfest got announched for 20th feb.

Theme Pokemon Red vs Pokemon Blue.

Finnaly a proper theme lol. I only played Yellow so no idea which to pick.

Celestial Manager~

It's the theme that's selected for both North America and Europe. We're getting the same theme which is a first, but it'll still be tied to whichever region you're in.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Intresting. Rather have this then another lame theme at least.

Celestial Manager~