Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

As long as they don't just c&p the original battle system over I'll be ok with it.

Maybe they could do an updated version of the FFXIII battle system :3

For me, the battle system change, I liked the most, was FFXII. A little tweak to that would've been perfect. I remember FF12 being the first major change of the battle system (not simply a change in how your character level up increases look like. Almost all being way more roundabout and convoluted than their simpler menu system) since FFIV. It was also one of the first single-player experiences where they kind of broke out of the classic (one party vs. one party, all actions or spells either target 1 or target the whole group). You could actually jump into other party conflicts and was the closest they got to having a system which had Area-of-Effect actions.
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
    For me, the battle system change, I liked the most, was FFXII. A little tweak to that would've been perfect. I remember FF12 being the first major change of the battle system (not simply a change in how your character level up increases look like. Almost all being way more roundabout and convoluted than their simpler menu system) since FFIV. It was also one of the first single-player experiences where they kind of broke out of the classic (one party vs. one party, all actions or spells either target 1 or target the whole group). You could actually jump into other party conflicts and was the closest they got to having a system which had Area-of-Effect actions.
    yeah the gambit system was confusing for me at first but once i got the hang of that it was pretty awesome and fun to use

Chidori / Ship2, Also feel free to visit us at http://gunvalk.saik0.com

Quote Originally Posted by strikerhunter View Post
    Was I the only who wasn't hyped for FF7?
    I'm not, but then again, it's just a remake. It's not for me. I have the original, and I'm perfectly happy with it. I still enjoy turn based combat, and the remake is probably going to "update" the combat to bring it more in line with contemporary titles - which I find horrible. It's for bringing in new players. Which means a whole new generation of shitheads who think it's a good idea to name their avatars "SSJSephiroth" or "CloudXStrife" and give them spikey hair. That is, if it's even successful with a new crowd. I doubt it's going to catch fire with the RPG community the way the original did, and it may just end up pissing off a bunch of the old players by juxtaposing their nostalgia with all the bad design decisions that have made modern Final Fantasy games completely lackluster.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Derpington View Post
    As long as they don't just c&p the original battle system over I'll be ok with it.

Maybe they could do an updated version of the FFXIII battle system :3
    yeah, i thought the LR game had pretty nice combat system

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

I'm not excited for the FFVII remake because I thought FFVII was boring. But I do think it's long overdue for a remake. It seems to be by far the most popular FF, and they've remade just about everything else. To the point where FFIV looks better than it, and FFX was done before it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinue_v2 View Post
    ...and the remake is probably going to "update" the combat to bring it more in line with contemporary titles - which I find horrible.
    I can't think of a single FF remake that has ever updated the combat. FFI rebalanced classes, FFII rebalanced leveling, FFIII added new abilities, FFIV changed boss paterns and added an extra ability system, FFV added some post-game classes, and FFVI added some materia and equipment. But the core game was exactly the same. To the point where pre-IV games were still completely turn based, despite later FFs ditching that in favor of an active time battle system.
    It's kinda early to find faults with it, don't you think? As far as I can tell, it's mainly a graphical update, with some balance patches thrown in. And considering how ugly and easy the original was, they both seem well needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
    For me, the battle system change, I liked the most, was FFXII. A little tweak to that would've been perfect.
    I liked that change... in theory. In practice, it made for a game where I would spend hours doing nothing but directing the party, while the game played itself. And because of the complexity in it, I never knew how to better my team and never knew where I went wrong during a boss fight.
    Boring, confusing, and difficult. Not a good combination.

off topic but some fans made a nice beat em up of Final Fantasy 7
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTcIomy7XhU

felt clunky as hell imo

couple days late but FF7 just got its 18th year anniversary!
    here's a vid about it from happy console gamer =
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t94IKugw4tQ

I wish they make the game for PC