Default Brand new UK player

I just recently installed the game and I am trying to work out how to play without getting lost in the untranslated Japanese and I can see that this would be something that I would actually enjoy playing.

My first question would be which is the best server for friendly English speaking players? I did roll on Ship 2 as I heard that it was the best place for them. but I just spent about 30 mins in the ship port? Ark ship? (the place you get to when you first see other people) trying to talk to people and I got completely ignored. Yes there were people talking on there. just not to me.

Despite all of the untranslated Japanese I can see what you have to do and how to play from playing so many mmo type games over the years. But it doesn't help if I am going to be ignored trying to ask simple questions.

Help???

I wont be able to play again for the next 5 or so days due to holiday, but I will keep an eye on this thread.

I'm uk based btw.

Cheers...

I'm also on Ship 2 for as long as I've played the game. People usually recommend this ship mostly because it has the majority of english players in it but, and this is my opinion, b1 is overall pretty useless to ask newbie questions as the groups of people there are a bit... self conservative...

As far as untranslated japanese goes I'd tell ya to try and install the PSO2 tweaker to translate most of the entire game up for you (just choose Tweaker on the left side).

I also recommend you to to search for a group of people, a team, that can help you out on your first steps through the game.

If you want, you can join our team " Reality ". We're a brand new team, but we're starting to grow now with 18+ members. I'm sure you'll fit right in with us

Quote Originally Posted by Xiriko View Post
    As far as untranslated japanese goes I'd tell ya to try and install the 'PSO2 tweaker' to translate most of the entire game up for you (just choose Tweaker on the left side).
    I am using the tweaker, made it really easy to install, I installed all of the english patches but there are still some menus that are still in japanese, I know its just a case of working out what it says and making a note of it. Most if not all of the tutorial popups are in japanese, but I can work out what it is saying from what it is trying to say.

I just didn't appreciate the fact that I was completely ignored, I wasn't asking completely nubish questions, but just trying to be social with some how does this game work type questions thrown in.

I do like the feel of this game and want to give it a good go.

Although something I did think of last night.

With the tweaker, I downloaded it from the website (which downloaded the game) but should I have downloaded the English Installer and torrented the game files? instead of letting the tweaker download the game for me?

Kinda been thinking I should of done it that way then let the tweaker download the whole game and installed the English patches that way.

Ok so I uninstalled how I had originally installed it (I am pretty sure I didn't have the full English patches as a lot of it was still in Japanese (especially the mission select window)

I downloaded the English installer from ark layer, installed it then ran Tweaker and told it to patch anything that had English written on it. It did everything then when I tried to run the game, I got the Sega, Nvidia logos and then the intro, but then I got a black screen as the 'Agree to terms' screen. I couldn't do anything. Even changing some settings didn't work.

So I have removed it from my PC if its not going to work. Its a shame as I really wanted to play it, but if its not going to work, no point having it really.

Ok nevermind, I managed to get it to work again with more english translations that I did before...

So YAY ME!

All I need now is people to play with, or at least someone who can show me what I am supposed to be doing lol

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

If you got things translated ARKS road is the way to go for some nice starter gear, money and Exp. I did it up to the crafting segment then stopped.

If you need an npc you can count on to take care of you and don't mind lewd masochistic phrases feel free to add me and use my partner npc.

Heya,

If you still haven't joined one, feel free to give us a look - We have a bunch of people playing in the european timezone.

Either way, feel free to send me a friend request in-game via Visiphone. My playerID's McUseless

I am just getting my head around the in game systems and I am following the arks road and matters board for stuff to do. I am really liking the game, glad I got it to work now. Could do with friends though lol