Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alucard V View Post
    Why Sega?!?
    Why try following the .hack formula instead of working on/with the overall lore?
    Why not work with some of your partners in the west to work on Phantasy Star content. They probably walk up to Archie Comics and say "we want you to do a short comic event of the the 1st PSO but from Rico Tyrell prospective" and ppl would lose their minds.
    Maybe because .Hack was inspired by PSO, they felt that they should return the favor?

Since they went the way they did, I better get an Ixion Saga DT comedy out of this.

Told you guys it will be shit.
    ._.
    The "near future" part instantly gave it away.
    Other morpgs got their real animes. Actual quality aside, they were actually set in the worlds and not some generic highschool virtual morpg crap all over again.
    Indeed, quite a lot like the .hack movie.

Would have been easy to animate part of the story. Make an emergency quest of week anime showing people or npcs killing falz or defending the mining base.
    Don't even need to write a new scenario.
    But NO, this shit is popular right now so it has to be highschool mmorpg stuff.

I have been waiting for a PSO anime literally for 12 fucking years, ever since I started playing PSO ep 1&2 on GC.
    Now that it finally is made, it's total garbage.
    Dunno if I should be angrier at Sega doing this to us or myself for ever even hoping Sega can do something even halfway right.

Quote Originally Posted by Megidolaon View Post
    ._.
    Other morpgs got their real animes. Actual quality aside, they were actually set in the worlds and not some generic highschool virtual morpg crap all over again.

Would have been easy to animate part of the story. Make an emergency quest of week anime showing people or npcs killing falz or defending the mining base.

I have been waiting for a PSO anime literally for 12 fucking years, ever since I started playing PSO ep 1&2 on GC.
    Dunno if I should be angrier at Sega doing this to us or myself for ever even hoping Sega can do something even halfway right.
    I don't see what's wrong with making it about playing the game, when they want to get people to play the game.

Gundam Build Fighter did playiing the game pretty well.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alucard V View Post
    Why Sega?!?
    Why try following the .hack formula instead of working on/with the overall lore?
    Why not work with some of your partners in the west to work on Phantasy Star content. They probably walk up to Archie Comics and say "we want you to do a short comic event of the the 1st PSO but from Rico Tyrell prospective" and ppl would lose their minds.
    While I used to like Archie Comics... I say hell no to that.
    I got a better idea.

Anyone remember Sonic X? How it was pretty much an anime adaption of SA1 and 2?
    S O N I C GO! S O N I C GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! LET'S GO!

Yeah, why not go that same route and have had PSO2 anime made in the same style where you tweak the story a bit differently while still keeping the somewhat feel of PSO2 or at least PS in general.

Quote Originally Posted by yoshiblue View Post
    Maybe because .Hack was inspired by PSO, they felt that they should return the favor?
    Sounds like the Tomb Raider to Uncharted to Tomb Raider reboot BS... which I personally hated.

._.

Wasn't the near future that gave away that it will be shit. Simply saying it would take place on earth which made 0 sense for a PS game/story in general I knew it would've been crap from the beginning and said,

"It's going to be one of those stupid HS things where Echo meets Zeno and some stupid L story will happen where they meet other NPCs in the game and looking like the modern day anime HS stereotypes... huh?"

Nope... worst than I thought.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Do we know when this is coming out? If nothing else, this should be good for research on the game's setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Chocobo View Post
    Finally! a PSO anime. They should take this oportunity to explain the entire story of PSO2 for those who didin't play the game or didn't play the story mode.
    Or explain the story of PSO2 to people who have played story mode. I've done all I could in them, and still have no information on the game's plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sizustar View Post
    So the ridiculous breasts carry over into the manga too.

You could have just watched the PSIV anime. I think that came out before PSO.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyker View Post
    Sorry, but am I the only one who--
    Didn't read the thread?

I think the generally idea is they figured that the anime is something of a tribute to fans by having fans as the center of the anime. But fans don't like fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyker View Post
    You forgot to include that part in your quote Kondibon. I haven't seen anyone else make this distinction so far.
    There's several posts, on that page alone, of people complaining about the anime's setting. It's pretty safe to assume at least some of them play the game and thus would rather play than watch an anime about people playing.

Quote Originally Posted by untrustful View Post
    I think the generally idea is they figured that the anime is something of a tribute to fans by having fans as the center of the anime. But fans don't like fans.
    It has more to do with PSO2's setting being pretty interesting on its own. Adding the whole "it's people playing the game" part feels unnecessary, like they're just jumping on the bandwagon.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Aug 22, 2015 at 10:47 AM.

Come to think of it, how big is Digimon in japan?