Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Will Phantasy Star Online Survive?

Funny this came out to be a random thing I said to my team - so I said "time to make a post on that pso-world" and here it is.

Anyway this is about the longevity of the online series of Phantasy Star. For those who have came from DC, GC and even XBOX backgrounds have seen or known for sure how long this game had lasted.

For me I came from PSO GC 2001 - and this game only lasted least the time I got on it 3 years (correct me if i am wrong)

I missed the official PSO:BB since I didnt have an awesome PC at the time - since I did download it and it choked on that Dell.

Then I got on Phantasy Star Universe + Ambitions which it only lasted for 5 years (oh the torment of having no content for that long.... XD) and then the PC/PS2 servers perished. I have bought a 200 dollar console for this game only to sell it back for 5 bucks to get bus change.... true story...

I missed out on the Portable Series... again, no money, no console - so I just browsed the net till I ran into the glory of FHANTASY STAH ONLINE TSU...

So with this in mind, granted with everything that has happened on the current nostalgic PSO2. And with Sega's recent realization that they f***ed up and want to earn player respect / trust again - how long would you think this game has till it nails itself in a coffin.

As much I didn't want to say that about my favorite title.... it seems like it has been doing that from the past times...

P.S. if it is any addition - what can these dev's do to bring the hope that we believe to be PHANTDASY STAAH ONLINE TSU

If you watched the latest livestream, PSO2 is actually growing. They're doing an anime in 2016. That means they might actually beat WoW to a screen adaptation.

Quote Originally Posted by Selphea View Post
    If you watched the latest livestream, PSO2 is actually growing. They're doing an anime in 2016. That means they might actually beat WoW to a screen adaptation.
    Yeah I seen the post and was kinda surprised they managed such since it was something I am sure many wanted to see in the long run. As another said, hopefully this wouldn't be interpreted in a different way than what we have experienced in the game already. Only thing they cannot do is make the 'player' the hero in this one so of course its beginning would be different though surely it can start off with Afin getting a new partner which may be somebody named Mika... heh

So far expectations have been a mixed bag - I don't know for sure if there had been botched game interpretations to anime but, least this can give some hope.

It's no surprise if PSO2 beats WoW to having its own show.

Just look at how many collabs Sega does with so many animes.
    [All Class] Nue Houjuu / [GuHu] Remilia Scarlet from Ship 02.
    74HU - 52FI - 71RA - 60GU - 75FO - 75TE - 75BR - 66BO | 68GU - 62HU - 47RA
    Leader of team Touhou.
    Community owner/developer of TF2Data | Now playing: VRChat

Friends with Ragne-chan! Maenara's Avatar

no, pso2 will die tomorrow like it dies everyday
    pso2 dies every time someone makes these posts
    then the servers are magically resurrected instantaneously and the cycle renews while no one is the wiser
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    this is an absolutely disgusting post

reported.
    Maenara - Level 75 HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    pso2 dies every time someone makes these posts
    But, the servers were up when I made this post... o 3o

It is because they immediately used a Moon Atomizer.
    oh boy cant wait for this class to be op on release and for everyone and their mom to run only this class for a week and failing all the EQs.

World of Warcraft is getting a movie adaptation though....not that I play it.

PSO2 will die when it got killed.

Friends with Ragne-chan! Maenara's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher_9 View Post
    But, the servers were up when I made this post... o 3o
    it gets revived very quickly you see
    this is an absolutely disgusting post

reported.
    Maenara - Level 75 HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO