Default Suggestion on 13* Weapon attribute for a beginner

Dear all,

I have been playing PSO2 for a while with not really huge amount of time being input per day. I accidentally got a rainbow rare-drop today (which should be a 13* weapon as I saw that once before) from Ares. The drop is an unidentified Dual Blade.

I am doing both Bouncer/Fighter and Bouncer/Hunter, depending on the situation. I am currently not a premium user yet and do not have access in purchasing a new mag, and hence my mag is still flesh as out of the factory (lv 0....no idea which class I will do at the end)

My question is which attribute I should pick for the Ares DB. My concerns are:
    1) I have 600 gold coins for exchanging weapons from the 3rd anniversary store which I plan to exchange for 2 DB and use skill of S-atk up from Hunter to equip it. That obtainable DB is already of light attribute. I feel that it will be a bit redundant to have the Ares DB to be light. (I already have the JB from the 3rd anniversary store)
    2) Through out my 2-month game play in XH, this is the second 13* weapon I saw from Ares, I am afraid I will not get a second DB to make the Ares DB to attribute 60 before the end of my life....(and fighting Area everyday appears to be a very tiring job....)
    3) If suppose that I choose light for the Ares DB, is there any method that I may upgrade the weapon attribute a bit more efficiently apart from waiting for the second one to come.

Thanks for addressing the post. I can buy a new mag or etc if that's necessary for the problem. Or if there are in fact ways to make fighting Ares a pleasant work, I would love to learn as well.

Light and Fire are the two most common attributes I believe. Both are common weaknesses, and fire's burn effect is a nice bonus.

Wand Whacking Addict

First off, Xie's 13*s are the weakest of all 13*s by a good margin. They're certainly better than most (MOST) 12*s, but not by very much. Your Ares DBs will handily beat xie DBs out.

Now that being said, the element on a weapon doesn't really matter unless you have a class skill that boosts damage on matching elements (Force, Techer, Bouncer's elemental stance).

Having the weak element versus having the non-weak element boosts your damage by 3% or something with max element. Not really worth all that much.

Should you decided to just go with the Ares DB, you can get two xie DBs and sacrifice them to your ares DB to boost the ares's element (use a 5% element booster for 6 total per DB).

Quote Originally Posted by dingophone View Post
    fire's burn effect is a nice bonus.
    Okay no, a weapon having an attribute will not have any effect on applying status effects. You need a status ability (Burn, mirage, panic, etc.) on the weapon for it to proc those.
    Ship 02
    Ziyon
    62/30/42/58/55/75/75/55

Light. Literally all normal darkers, and major bosses(maggy,anga) are weak to light. Use the Xie DBs to attribute grind the Ares.

Thanks dingo and zynisch
    Hi, zynisch,

May I put your suggestion in the following way?
    This is to say the Ares DB, even for an attribute below 60, it is still very competitive for Xie's DB at attribute 60. Therefore a safe way is to identify the Ares DB into whatever attribute that is needed for most emergency/ultimate quest and use the break stance with DB.
    At the same time, just keep on fighting Ares, hopefully for another DB, even if not, may get two Xie's DB and purchase 5% element booster to enhance the Ares DB.
    This is because an Ares DB with its own attribute with the two 6% element boost from Xie's DB would in general be very much better than Xie's DB.

Do I understand it correctly?

Wand Whacking Addict

Quote Originally Posted by delcck View Post
    Thanks dingo and zynisch
    Hi, zynisch,

May I put your suggestion in the following way?
    This is to say the Ares DB, even for an attribute below 60, it is still very competitive for Xie's DB at attribute 60. Therefore a safe way is to identify the Ares DB into whatever attribute that is needed for most emergency/ultimate quest and use the break stance with DB.
    At the same time, just keep on fighting Ares, hopefully for another DB, even if not, may get two Xie's DB and purchase 5% element booster to enhance the Ares DB.
    This is because an Ares DB with its own attribute with the two 6% element boost from Xie's DB would in general be very much better than Xie's DB.

Do I understand it correctly?
    Yep, I wasn't being very clear with my random ramblings.
    Ship 02
    Ziyon
    62/30/42/58/55/75/75/55

Quote Originally Posted by ZynischQ View Post
    Okay no, a weapon having an attribute will not have any effect on applying status effects. You need a status ability (Burn, mirage, panic, etc.) on the weapon for it to proc those.
    Argh I'm thinking techs, my bad. This is what I get for staying up till 4am playing Loser last night!