Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New player need help choosing class

Hello today I will start playing pso2. I read the guides here and am stuck between 2 class choices. Bouncer and Braver. I am into melee but I know that these guys also have a few aoe for mobs. For braver I guess hunter is easist class. For bouncer I don't know. I like these too cause they can be economical. Braver katana only needs a good Light katana and bouncer if build around jet boots can change element so you also just need 1 pair. Since I guess endgame will be hard For a new player I guess it's easier life. So I want to know which of these 2 classes paired with which subclass does more damage. Also which is more fun to play (I probably will get many biased answers here but still want to hear)? Please enlighten me

Braver main / Hunter subclass is usually how it's done. You can get extra survivability skills from hunter like Automate, which automatically uses healing items when you get under 50% HP.

Bouncer/Hunter is also used a lot. There is also Bouncer/Fighter, which requires more positioning for Fighter's stances to be active, and has less survivability, but I believe it has higher attack multipliers than Bo/Hu does.

Fighter/Bouncer, you play like a Bouncer does, but use Fighter's main-class-only skills in the skill tree. It's more powerful, but it's a lot more restricted on weapons that you can use (unless you craft, which is really expensive for a new player to consider), I don't recommend for someone just starting the game. owo/

Katana braver is a balanced class, which in pso2 is kinda weird because most classes are "OP" or have some kind of trick to do a LOT of damage. You will have access to some hunter weapons to do those things, still, but katana is a balanced weapon itself.

Jet boots are fun as hell in my opinion. Very few PAs, but you can heal yourself with techs, and use "Switch Strike" to use s-atk as your main stat (so you can feed your mag to be s-atk stat only, and still go to braver/hunter if you wanted to later without paying for a new mag.)

Play braver for more variation in gameplay and PAs, or Jet Boots for DOUBLE JUMPING!!! I can't help you choose. o7 I can't even choose for myself, I have to play every class.
    . -.
    Last edited by ShinMegamiSensei; Jul 26, 2015 at 10:30 AM.

Umm, what are those OP classes? If braver isn't good then I might drop it. What's the most melee (but still has some aoe's for mobs) OP class-subclass combination. I want easy and strong gameplay.

Still looking for advice. What are the best melee (with 1 or 2 aoe's for mobbing) class-subclass combinations? Best choice for new players please

Also heard that Hu/Fi or Fi/Hu is good for beginners and can do well with low rarity weapons till you get better stuff. Dual saber knuckles and partizan look cool. Which of the 2 versions (Hu/Fi or Fi/Hu) is better for beginners and not expensive and is survivleble (has room for mistakes)

Braver is good. I didn't mean it like it was bad, it's well balanced. It sounds like braver/hunter would be good for what you want. Fi/Hu is high damage but high risk, because of Limit Break bringing your max HP to 25% but adding a ton of stat. Hunter/Fighter is a safe playstyle, and partisans are great too. Both hunter/fighter and fighter/hunter can and should use partisans at times, too.
    Last edited by ShinMegamiSensei; Jul 26, 2015 at 03:22 PM.

See my Class/Weapon guide for some slightly outdated suggestions.

The classes in general are somewhat balanced nowadays. None of them are particularly "OP".
    Same goes for weapons, although Partisan currently seems to be the overall best melee weapon.
    Weapons that I personally feel are a little lacking: Wired Lances (kinda slow), Double Saber (feels awkward to me), maybe Twin Daggers (mostly excels at aerial combat).
    Sword is also still a little slow for regular play. It's great for long battles.

If I had to rank the melee weapons, I guess it'd be like this. But as I said, they're all pretty close now.
    1. Partisan
    2. Wand melee
    3. Dual Blades
    4. Knuckles
    5. Sword
    6. Jet Boots
    7. Katana
    8. Twin Daggers
    9. Wired Lances
    10. Double Saber

Braver is a little bit weak now, but not at all bad. It's "balanced".
    Fi/Hu has Limit Break which basically makes it the stronger melee main, but risky as hell.
    Hunter is the best general subclass, with great survival and damage multipliers. Not bad as main.
    Bouncer playstyle is a little simple, but is sufficiently strong with the ability to cast Techs (mostly for support).

There's also Techer for wand swinging (not casting), which destroys large groups of enemies.
    Techer wand swinging is hands down the best at destroying trash mobs. It gets a little repetitive, though.
    As Te/Hu, I basically solo'd the beach wars 3 EQ at Extra Hard difficulty a few days ago.
    Bosses are a pain, though.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Jul 27, 2015 at 02:10 AM.

Can you only change the main class for Free? Or can you also change the subclass? I might start out as Fi/Hu but I might change Later to Br/Hu. Or if you can change subclass too I might go Fi/Bo. So... need to know which can you change.

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman4 View Post
    Can you only change the main class for Free? Or can you also change the subclass? I might start out as Fi/Hu but I might change Later to Br/Hu. Or if you can change subclass too I might go Fi/Bo. So... need to know which can you change.
    You can change both your main and sub class as many times as you want at no cost.

Um... in the end, can Fi/Hu work for a new player? I like Fi cause he is speedy and has cool weapons. And also because the combination seems so strong and also economical (no rainbow stuff). But, if it isn't recomemended for begginers then I might go Hu/Fi instead since I read it has a safer playstyle. Please advise me