Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Well ram modules can last for more than 5 years, sometimes they tend to go bad.

I'm having pretty much the same issue with the exact same error in the Event viewer. Interestingly enough, it's happening on both my desktop and my laptop (which have been upgraded to Windows 10) so I doubt it's memory related in my case. To be sure, I left memtest86 running on both machines overnight and they came back with zero errors.

I can play for anywhere between 10 and 30 minutes before the game crashes. I've tried using the troubleshooting tools built into PSO Tweaker, deleting my SEGA directory in My Documents, etc but still having the issue. Some other folks on this forum (like this thread) reported similar issues.

I can even boot the game, login, and just stand in the lobby and do nothing and eventually it will crash, so I don't think it's related to anything specifically done in game or related to the English patch.

I'm now trying a full uninstall and reinstall because I read in another thread that having it on the C drive fixed the problem. I'm not hopeful that this will fix it but I'm out of ideas. I did find some messages on some of the Japanese forums from the past few days, so I'm hoping it just ends up being that Sega thought they had Gameguard working with Windows 10 but missed something and it still has issues.

What is your RAM setting, I used 4 sticks before, and among of them there was 1 stick with a little difference in its parameter which was not even important. Window and other software didn't crash but only PSO2, i found out that the error happened because of game data being written on that different stick and between other 3 identical sticks. I switched all of them to another set with 4 identical sticks and now i leave pso2 24/7 without taking any crash or misbehavior.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by unclescr00ge View Post
    I'm having pretty much the same issue with the exact same error in the Event viewer. Interestingly enough, it's happening on both my desktop and my laptop (which have been upgraded to Windows 10) so I doubt it's memory related in my case. To be sure, I left memtest86 running on both machines overnight and they came back with zero errors.

I can play for anywhere between 10 and 30 minutes before the game crashes. I've tried using the troubleshooting tools built into PSO Tweaker, deleting my SEGA directory in My Documents, etc but still having the issue. Some other folks on this forum (like this thread) reported similar issues.

I can even boot the game, login, and just stand in the lobby and do nothing and eventually it will crash, so I don't think it's related to anything specifically done in game or related to the English patch.

I'm now trying a full uninstall and reinstall because I read in another thread that having it on the C drive fixed the problem. I'm not hopeful that this will fix it but I'm out of ideas. I did find some messages on some of the Japanese forums from the past few days, so I'm hoping it just ends up being that Sega thought they had Gameguard working with Windows 10 but missed something and it still has issues.
    What antivirus are you running?

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Vordex View Post
    What antivirus are you running?
    Windows Defender. I used ESET Nod32 prior to the upgrade, but uninstalled it before upgrading to Windows 10 because of reports the older version I was running doesn't play nice with Windows 10.