Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default [RANT] Balance issues

I''ll keep it short. SEGA, STOP BUFFING KATANAS. It's getting ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huey
    Being cool is what's important, and justice is cool!

Dude, katanas actually need a buff, nowadays
    FiliaMortis * SARA-013 * Kiyoko * Akane * Vikky * Mei * Alicia * Ophelia

Mattykins - Ship 02

Katanas are like the weakest weapon in the game

Not only that, but why does it matter if a class gets buffed. I can only assume you don't use Katana, so worry about the class you do use.

Quote Originally Posted by dingophone View Post
    I''ll keep it short. SEGA, STOP BUFFING KATANAS. It's getting ridiculous.
    Have you been playing the game recently mate?
    Or did you log in the last time during Shunka Star Online 2?

I think he's referring to the new PA
    FiliaMortis * SARA-013 * Kiyoko * Akane * Vikky * Mei * Alicia * Ophelia

Mattykins - Ship 02

Quote Originally Posted by Mattykins View Post
    Yeah, but why not complain about the new rifle PA while he's at it
    Known as Niem on Ship 2.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyHeaven View Post
    Katanas are like the weakest weapon in the game
    Not really; I'd say DBs take that spot outside of the LB + tech canceling PBF gimmick. Katanas are definitely not what they were during shunka release while everything else was at episode 2-level, though.

The only time katanas may look OP is in SH, when the person using them is sporting >+100 atk affixes on everything with a 10603 ares (or ideal vs bosses specifically), and has less of a need to switch weapons to cover any weaknesses (which I can safely say is intended).

PS: I'm pretty sure they never gave hatou that one extra hit back, so there's that...

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

Quote Originally Posted by Mattykins View Post
    Ah.

I play Braver very, very extensively. Here's my analysis take on that skill:

Guren Tessen is a PA that attempts to combines Asagiri-rendan (AR) + Tsukumi-sazanka (TS). It deals damage like TS and is a gap closer like AR.

Unlike AR, it is not spammable to the point where you can dash cancel with it. But unlike AR also, the range coverage is pretty far.

Unlike TS, it doesn't let you to elevate up. But the skill allows you to maintain elevation (it doesn't lower your elevation post-cast. More on this later.)

The skill can be spammable to deal damage to a locked target, without using the 10 PP finisher, which makes it similar to TS, albeit more flashy but less damage.

One core problem I have with Katana Braver is the fact that the class has a VERY lacking aerial combat maneuverability. It has trouble tracking enemies mid-air and / or maneuver to break points of large enemies above ground. (e.g. Magatsu)

This PA aims to mend that problem. Because this PA is spammable without dropping you to the ground but ALSO tracks your enemy that was locked, this PA allows you to combine Katana Combat for elevation adjustment and the PA itself for position tracking while dealing damage.

Let's look on the real-world EQ case of this skill: Magatsu knees.

Usually when the EQ starts, a Katana user would need to use Katana Combat to teleport to the Magatsu Knee and spam TS as much as possible. Then if the leg moves, repeat.

Problem solved? Now how's this?

Magatsu shoulder pads and Katana Combat is on cooldown!

At this point, usually the katana user would just give up and simply stand on the opened chest platform and hit the non-WB point until the shoulder is opened by the rest of the team. Not cool.

With this skill, you can jump up to the vertical position of the shoulder pad, spam Guren-tessen for homing tracking while dealing damage at the same time. Brilliant.

This scenario also applicable to other airborne hitboxes.