Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

I don't understand why they would go and completely screw up our fun by hacking and messing with the game. The last thing we want is to be blocked. They're doing this on a Shared server, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Zanverse View Post
    I don't understand why they would go and completely screw up our fun by hacking and messing with the game. The last thing we want is to be blocked. They're doing this on a Shared server, too!
    I wish these players would be dealt with properly.
    The unknown becomes the known eventually.

It is ok. They will just blame it on the English players even though it isn't our fault and the person doing it probably isn't even English. Servers got hacked the very first day CM came out also.

Yeah, don't worry about hacks.
    You can be a helpful contributing player like me and still get blocked for no reason!

Seriously not looking forward to C-Mode bonus week.
    SEGA is still encouraging newbies to do C-Mode without really preparing anyone for it.
    All the newbies are gonna dive into it and probably die on the first mission over and over.
    x2 jack all is still jack all.

Might as wait for the new CMode to run it, since it'll be run by a lot more people.

I just did a random Cmode for practice since I don't play it much, and as a result had never cleared it. First lobby I go into clears it.

Not going to say I carried that run at all, it was definitely the other way around, especially closer to the end since today was my first time ever in M10. Yes, I suck, go ahead and say I suck because I know it.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    Yeah, don't worry about hacks.
    You can be a helpful contributing player like me and still get blocked for no reason!

Seriously not looking forward to C-Mode bonus week.
    SEGA is still encouraging newbies to do C-Mode without really preparing anyone for it.
    All the newbies are gonna dive into it and probably die on the first mission over and over.
    x2 jack all is still jack all.
    I'm extremely terrified about the newbies that will most likely do it. As you said about them dying over and over on the first mission I doubt we'll make it pass the first mission thanks to this. Perhaps we'll have a few rare cases, who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Arredoval View Post
    Yeah... Started a new character recently and was actually pretty angry at the tutorial screens urging me to try c-mode so early on. That kind of notification should only come once you've got two classes at lv70 or higher. :/ I mean, of course no limitation since new characters are always being made, but they shouldn't encourage potential newbies to go and ruin runs... (And I do consider 70/50 to still be too new.)

Only started c-mode about 3 weeks after release, once everyone had already gotten their weapons and quit again until the next big update. I have 140k miles and have not had a successful run. :\ Furthest I've made it is one wave into m10. Every other run has ended at m9 banthers or earlier. Closest thing to an organized run I've ever been invited to, I was disqualified from last minute for not having premium to get into a full block.

Haven't tried since before the knuckle buff, tho, so I don't know how much things have really changed.

Through the many random parties I've had, most of the people dooming runs to fail even earlier than m9 have been those who look foreign. They get nonsensical gear, they hoard, they die A LOT, they don't buy challenge dolls (or they die so much that they hardly even help), they AFK, and some times they even insist on speaking English in public chat despite the group obviously being Japanese. One even kept spamming "o.o" throughout the entire run. It got to the point that I'd abandon ship along with half the MPA if they started speaking English.

The dance fes has been the only thing to beat out c-mode for feeding my blacklist.

The most memorable mistake, though, was made by a JP player, and absolutely nobody was angry about it. I was in a skype call with the one other person in my party. In m3, when we were approaching the warp at the end of the catwalk, I had my full map open and looked at all the capsules. I thought to myself, "What if the manager just left all of them behind one day?" I considered saying it out loud for my partner to hear and laugh at, but we'd been having some terrible runs that night and figured it'd be too cruel to prompt them to think about.
    We take the warp, I look at the map again
    All players took the warp, all capsules left behind
    Manager freaks out and starts apologizing
    Much good-natured laughter is had
    Mass abandon
    I personally feel that it isn't about levels here. You could be 75/75 and still absolutely suck at the game.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

That's a major problem with this game. Most of the content is braindead grinding, so that once a real challenge comes up, nobody is prepared for it. There needs to be a steady curve from casual to hardcore content, yet the hardest stuff is easily accessible to everyone regardless of their skill level.
    The way it's set up now, the only way for a new player to learn to be better is to bog down a veteran players trying to speed up his runs to lessen the grind for his next upgrade. The new player is frustrated because he's not in an environment where he can learn to get better, the veteran is frustrated because he's not getting a clear... there's no winners.

Quote Originally Posted by Arredoval View Post
    Absolutely true. Can be 75/75 with the most idealistic 6x gear and still be a useless scrub. But it's about minimizing the amount of people who DEFINITELY don't know what they're doing. Encouraging newbies to do one of the most critical quests in the game is a bad idea for everyone involved. Like throwing an uneducated 7-year-old into a bomb squad and expecting disaster to not happen. And leveling is so easy nowadays that having a lv75 main class means nothing about how long they've been playing or what classes they've tried.
    I sometimes wish it wasn't so easy to level these days. I'll admit, I have been playing for about 3 to 4 months by now and throughout the time I've been playing I noticed that they're making it easier and easier to level. It's quite annoying to be honest.