Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast

Tried a shared ship run. First time playing in months. Super tired, playing with one eye closed.
    Was awful, people dying all over the place.
    Some asshole started the Mission 2 gauntlet while everyone was loading and triggered a Mizer.
    I was constantly attacking everything and still only took my first hit or second hit from Fang in Mission 4.
    On Mission 5, I went left. Right side got decimated by Code Avoid.
    It was just like when I first tried Challenge!

Yeah. Frustrating. Sucked.

Tried to get into a few runs after that, but everyone just loves to idle at the teleporter for hours.
    I'm literally spending more time waiting for 12/12 runs to start than doing Challenge.
    Thanks, SEGA.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Aug 12, 2015 at 11:09 AM.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Let me tell you. There are few things more frustrating than failing a task while doing it perfectly.

Most of the groups I'm choosing to abandon are the ones who fail to assign roles before taking the warp. I can permit a certain number of mistakes, even deaths really, as it seems like as long as people are smart about moon use death almost doesn't matter at all.

I did 4 runs since the boost started and all of them made it into m9, though some of my runs have had people that bought super extensive stuff like the DB at i1, the DB at i3, and then one guy used vita dual blade instead of yoi at funji (props to him though because he still finished ragne faster than we did with rockbears)

Dead tired. I ended up doing VR pickup for the first time ever.
    Still ended up saving the multi from a ton of stuff while picking up VR.

On Mission 5, I said I'd tag the Gel Bulfs, and asked them to stand back a little.
    Instead they all stand right next to me, so of course the Gel Bulfs run amok and killed people.
    Thankfully the guy who got on the turret had better aim than the one in Mission 4.

Did the Fanji as well. I thought I was screwed because I was so tired I forgot to put Heavenly Kite on the palette.
    Nope, still managed to survive because I bought some cheap sub units just in case.
    Nobody wanted to give me Vol units, and so far everyone loves to fail the gauntlets.
    Some fools keep triggering the damn Mizers.
    I was also underlevelled because they couldn't kill the first Tagamikaduchi in time.

People sometimes tell me my Japanese is better than native speakers.
    That's not hard to achieve when almost nobody ever talks.

Noticed a few mistakes with my Mission 7 walkthrough.
    All thanks to nobody going left, so I had to do it for the first time ever.
    Fixed now.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Aug 12, 2015 at 12:42 PM.

I managed to make it to Mission 9 once today out of the few runs that I did.
    The unknown becomes the known eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen, we've probably just had more brainstorming and game design discussion than SEGA has had for a long time!
    AMEN!

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    I think that if a person doesn't want to bother completing a short test to introduce them to the gameplay mode, they probably won't care enough to play the mode properly.
    In which case, they shouldn't be jumping into proper runs and ruining it for everyone else.

Also note that my suggestion doesn't stop people from intentionally being assholes.
    I tried Magatsu a few days ago. The same JP Ranger asshole kept leaving within a few minutes. Every time.
    They didn't even know how to use WB properly. They may have been the same person overwriting good WBs and placing them on random body parts.
    Probably being an asshole on purpose.

They should add a few anti-asshole systems.
    1. If you do absolutely nothing in C-Mode (or EQs), you get penalized or receive nothing.
    2. If you keep picking up VR capsules and wasting VR, the game tracks how much time you've wasted and you get penalized.
    3. The game should be able to track people constantly leaving runs. People ought to be penalized for doing it too often.
    4. If you keep doing the above repeatedly, you get banned from C-Mode (or EQs) for a day? Maybe.
    Agreeing with the first 2.
    But the others are bad ideas. Especially, dcs are common and even when not it's not the bad players that quit. It's the decent ones that know the mpa is so bad it's only a huge waste of time.
    Mandatory cmode tutorial would be nice. You have to actually complete it to be able to do regular cmode, so you have proven you got some basic cmode skills.

But honestly, we do not need any of this.
    All we need is 4 player quests. There, done.
    Very easy to get 4 people. Very easy to single anyone out being an idiot in a 4 player quest, which is why it happens very rarely and if you can easily tell them to play properly or kick them if they continue being idiots.

I also got a question.
    Whats a good amount to get from a mediocre mpa?
    I have like one buddy to do cmode with and I got generally bad luck with mpas so when can I say it was decent for randoms and the result was nice?

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

People are constantly penalized in other online games for leaving groups, though. You're often slapped with the inability to join another group for half an hour if you voluntarily leave. And for the most part, it works great!

Man, mpas really are killing this game, which is why I enjoyed the brief revival of AQs during boost week. I want more satisfying 4-man quests, but Sega just keeps swinging their mpa boner around and smacking us in the face with it.
    FiliaMortis * SARA-013 * Kiyoko * Akane * Vikky * Mei * Alicia * Ophelia

Mattykins - Ship 02

For the sake of not starting a new thread, I will ask my question here since it's cmode related.

I'm a bit confused on the item drops.

For example, can I pick up random loot that drops from monsters such as monomates/PA disc/weapons/etc etc?

Or are all the items that drop from random monsters shared? Meaning that everyone in the MPA can see the exact same item drops that I see and they can also pick them up.

I'm hearing conflicting answers to this questions so I figured id ask here for help from someone who knows what they are talking about.