Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    That's a major problem with this game. Most of the content is braindead grinding, so that once a real challenge comes up, nobody is prepared for it. There needs to be a steady curve from casual to hardcore content, yet the hardest stuff is easily accessible to everyone regardless of their skill level.
    The way it's set up now, the only way for a new player to learn to be better is to bog down a veteran players trying to speed up his runs to lessen the grind for his next upgrade. The new player is frustrated because he's not in an environment where he can learn to get better, the veteran is frustrated because he's not getting a clear... there's no winners.
    I agree with you completely, there really needs to be a steady curve from casual to hardcore content in the game.
    The unknown becomes the known eventually.

It's a fallacy to believe that leveling teaches people how to play.
    Leveling is a system that serves these purposes:
    - Allows shit players to overcome challenges without improving their actual skill
    - Makes people feel they're progressing in some way
    - Artificially extends gameplay content and time

I expect the majority of level 99999 people in most games are still just as shit as they were at level 1.

Maybe they have to lock CQ for those whose their level are low enough on main ship somehow.
    It's not really fun when you're being hold back by people who are dying every 3 mins because they "don't really know" how to use particular weapon types and crying out loud when they're getting shout at.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    It's a fallacy to believe that leveling teaches people how to play.
    Leveling is a system that serves these purposes:
    - Allows shit players to overcome challenges without improving their actual skill
    - Makes people feel they're progressing in some way
    - Artificially extends gameplay content and time

I expect the majority of level 99999 people in most games are still just as shit as they were at level 1.
    That's depend on the game, though.
    When the game start to lock stuff (or "actual content" in this case) behind and require actual skill to unlock/accomplish, then everything will be fine or at least end-game will be filled with player with passable skills, basic knowledge and strategies.
    The problem is, leveling on PSO2 are actually just EQ simulator with daily client order memory game, TA, AQ and XQ are walk in the park, CQ are open for everybody too without any exception.
    Last edited by wefwq; Aug 11, 2015 at 12:45 AM.

what time do you guys do CM?

Locking the game to what your level is on the main ship would probably make pugs worse. Some good cmode players only have level 1 characters (only ever play cmode) and they won't be able to join the block if there's a barrier to entry.

Players should really be able to judge their own skill and join the appropriately assigned block in shared ship. The blocks are named differently for a reason. The beginner block usually fills enough for games. Shouldn't really be joining the yarikomi(efficiency) block if you're grave is in the first room of mission 1 (I have actually seen this before).

Although it's probably the case where the beginners are selfish or just think they are better than actually are, and they join the efficiency block. With many of these players they weigh down the pug, usually a few can be carried but if there is too many m10 probably won't be reached.

Quote Originally Posted by gone4 View Post
    Shouldn't really be joining the yarikomi(efficiency) block if you're grave is in the first room of mission 1 (I have actually seen this before).
    wait.. what?

^Maybe means 'Shouldn't really joining the Efficiency Block if you always die repeatedly in Mission 1'.
    (Kazuki, RA or BR/HU, Human♂) (Yusei, FO/TE or FI, Newman♂)(Zane, TE or BR/HU, Deuman♂)
    Ship: 2-Ur

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Falco View Post
    wait.. what?
    I have no idea what they were attempting but I think he started a game early before 12 players got in, and everyone then ditched that game. Could see that they had all the classic signs: mission start, picking up VR incorrectly and not really doing anything useful. They got carried pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by amberkun View Post
    what time do you guys do CM?
    I mentioned the times that I do Challenge Mode somewhere else in the thread. I'll repeat it anyways, about 8 to 9 AM EST and then 11 PM EST.

I can honestly say that the groups that I was with today made it to Missions 5 and 7. Way too many people dropping dead throughout both runs.