Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Unhappy CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error (Win10)

So I'm not sure if its windows 10 related or what, but it's odd I was on today i messed around on pso2 Today and now when i go to launch the game it straight up crashes my whole computer. I've tried troubleshooting A few things got rid of the patches, Reinstalled gameguard, all the same. Idk what else I can really try, Looking for some help here.

Edit: Heres the Fix for anyone with this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainGordon View Post
    Avast antivirus recently had a program update that 100% doesn't like PSO2. This has happened before I believe but not to this extent. After hours of trial and error, I've ended up uninstalling Avast [after turning off -almost- everything I possibly could on it (shields, self defense module, etc.)]. After a cold boot, PSO2 launches without error. I hope this helps some of you out at least!
    Last edited by Duskrai; Aug 14, 2015 at 02:36 PM.

Same here. I just restored an image I made on the 31th of July when I installed and it persisted, but then again, it automatically downloads and installs updates with Windows 10. I'll try putting back Windows 7 to see if I don't have hardware issues.
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

I was having the problem on windows 8, friend suggested getting windows 10, still having the problem
    From ship 1 with love!

"CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED occurs when a process needed for the operating to run properly, well, dies. Processes are like programs, but multiple processes can be used by a single program- and processes directly interact with your processor, hence their name. The bad thing about this error is that it could be just about anything critical to the operation of your computer: namely, your hard drive, your memory, or, if you’re especially unfortunate, your processor."

It can be hardware related or OS related.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeris View Post
    "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED occurs when a process needed for the operating to run properly, well, dies. Processes are like programs, but multiple processes can be used by a single program- and processes directly interact with your processor, hence their name. The bad thing about this error is that it could be just about anything critical to the operation of your computer: namely, your hard drive, your memory, or, if you’re especially unfortunate, your processor."

It can be hardware related or OS related.
    Yeah that... which is a scary scary thing to go through since it's about the operation of the hardware. I haven't run into this problem yet, but I would be terribly disappointed if this happened anytime soon. This happened to a couple of people I've known before and it's painful to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Duskrai View Post
    oki doke
    Reverted back to Windows 7, works like a charm. Guess I'll stick to it until they get the glitches out of this new OS. I can tolerate some minor issues, but crashing the entire computer and preventing me from playing my games because you force fed me driver updates, fuck that.
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

gameguard being garbage is not really surprising, sega giving compatibility seal of approval isn't either
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/comm..._process_died/
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Same problem here on 8.1 (:3)rz after a gameguard update .. GG wp

Win 7 here, getting bsods when launching.

10/10 gameguard