Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    MC Raider (We Ain't Got No Life) Zalgadas's Avatar

Got hit with this earlier myself. Tried so many different things to see if I could bypass it, and then discovered that uninstalling avast worked. In other news, while doing a CMOS reset to see if that worked, I decided to take my computer completely apart, dust and clean it, and then did a much better job of cable management as I put everything back together.

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    and yet uninstalling which doesn't restore quarantined files somehow solves people's problems here it's obvious that it's just gameguard being a piece of shit, nothing else
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Does anyone know if the issue is fixed yet? i'm scared to try and see if it works now, since last time the crash occured at a really bad time on my computer and i had to reinstall my video card drivers and stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Cr-0-Ny View Post
    Does anyone know if the issue is fixed yet? i'm scared to try and see if it works now, since last time the crash occured at a really bad time on my computer and i had to reinstall my video card drivers and stuff...
    I'm running PSO2 with latest avast internet security and windows 10 LTSB. No crash. Not sure about the others.

「insert cool char name and lvl here」
    Ship 7
    Lazy in everything .-.

So I'm running into this stupid issue now as well, I BSoD once I start up PSO2 after updating Avast. Uninstalling AV plays the game perfectly normal.

http://www.oldapps.com/avast_antivirus.php

This site has a version thats about 5months old, should be good enough so ignore my 2013 version I said, about to install this. If you plan to use an old version make sure your DC'd from the internet entirely (as in, you downloaded the setup, unplug/DC from the internet, begin installation) until everything is installed and you can set your settings to have auto updates off as well or it will go straight to downloading the newest version causing more of a run around than you need. MAKE SURE your downloading the versions that are at least 150Mb's big and not the dinky 5Mb's that will auto install the newest version because thats just how they have it now a days.

If this helps well feel free to post here again and let us know, I'll let you guys know once I get everything going, just time consuming

Also I'm Win8 and not 10 since well the all clear isn't said by Sega just yet

I would use Avira but I hear it's gotten kinda worse over time (the ol has more holes than swiss cheese joke) so I'm not going to use that either

Update1: the above link for the older version of AV works so if you still want to play without having to switch AV's (at least until they get their stuff sorted out), this should be a fine bandage since it's not too outdated (having a hard time finding one thats at least 1-2months old but this works). I however haven't updated the Virus Definitions yet so whether that will force me to BSoD again is something I'll find out later (which I'll update this post again). So this is for those having this issue with Win8 and possibly 10 (cant vouch for 10) as a temporary fix to avoid switching to another AV or having nothing at all.

Update2: Updating the Virus Definitions ONLY doesn't give me the BSoD, so avoiding the actual program update should be fine. After I update my virus definitions on AV, the game loaded and I could login in just perfectly fine
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Aug 18, 2015 at 07:51 PM.

Pretty sure gameguard kills Avira's avcenter.exe so i'll probably be switching to something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Touka View Post
    Pretty sure gameguard kills Avira's avcenter.exe so i'll probably be switching to something else.
    I've never tried Avira with PSO2 so I can't say since I switched back to Avast before PSO2 was out at the time. I updated my post as well if your having issues too

As of right now, this issue is still going on. I really hope either Sega or Avast fixes this fast. I'll follow Kril's advice if it still doesn't work next Tuesday.

Hey all, just got PSO2 again on my new Win 10 machine and have the same issue. Tried every fix suggested to me - Tweaker's 'Fix Gameguard Issues', deleting the GameGuard folder and reinstalling it (through Tweaker once, and through JP Client second), "shutting down all my antivirus/firewall defenses and praying at it" - and still no results.

Yes, I have Avast, and yes, I feel stupid having paid for software I'm required to, what, uninstall to run PSO2? Seems to be the consensus, though correct me if I'm wrong.

What I thought was interesting is that when I run the PSO2 Tweaker's 'Troubleshooting - Analyse Install for Issues' it flags GameGuard EVERY time. Even after running the 'Fix GameGuard Issues' tool:

(Note: Bold is where this issue appears. You'll see that in Italics I've run the GameGuard fix, but it keeps churning out the same error message)

Program started...
    Loading sidebar page...
    Program opened successfully! Version 3.0.5.4 [OK!]
    Checking for updates, please wait a moment...
    You have the latest version of the program: 3.0.5.4
    Checking for PSO2 Updates... Done!
    Checking for updates to patches...
    Current EN Patch version is: patch_2015_08_05_TWEAKER
    Current Large Files version is: 7/8/2015
    Current Story Patch version is: 7/1/2015
    Downloading latest item patch files... Done!
    All done - System ready!
    Checking for necessary files... Done!
    Checking for folders...
    Missing Gameguard folder! Please run Troubleshooting -> Fix Gameguard issues! [WARNING!] Done!
    Done testing! If you got any errors here, please carry out the recommended steps.

Removing Gameguard File... Done!
    Downloading Latest Gameguard file...
    Downloading Latest Gameguard config... Done!
    No registry keys to delete. This is OK, they should be created the next time Gameguard launches.
    GameGuard reset to defaults! Now try running Phantasy Star Online 2 - It should update Gameguard when the PSO2 logo comes up. [OK!]

Checking for folders...
    Missing Gameguard folder! Please run Troubleshooting -> Fix Gameguard issues! [WARNING!] Done!
    Done testing! If you got any errors here, please carry out the recommended steps.

Removing Gameguard File... Done!
    Downloading Latest Gameguard file...
    Downloading Latest Gameguard config... Done!
    No registry keys to delete. This is OK, they should be created the next time Gameguard launches.
    GameGuard reset to defaults! Now try running Phantasy Star Online 2 - It should update Gameguard when the PSO2 logo comes up. [OK!]

Checking for folders...

All text copied to clipboard.
    I don't suppose anyone has any suggestions? This is kind of depressing the hell out of me; it really shouldn't be this difficult, I just don't get it...
    "Love is to be experienced, not controlled." - Ralph Ellison III

PSO2: Caius, HUmar, Ship 02 (SEGA ID: chaoscylon)

LF English speaking players to team/RP with. All are welcome to message here/in game. See you starside!

Any news on if Avast is safe now?
    From ship 1 with love!