Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 291011121314 LastLast

Thread: PSO2 on PS4

1 Kotaku article is not enough to crush my hopes.

It's now time to hit up Adam Boyes from Sony about this! It NEEDS to happen!

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    I'm well aware that PSO2 would never be profitable for a North American audience. The lack for micro transactions that gives you any advantage and the lack of showing off your skills in a PVP is everything that the average westerner would runaway from.

That being said, you said "possible low sales, rampant pirating of software", so I was referring to commercial games.

Said the guy with 151 posts
    I just realized that I forgot to explain what I was specifically referring to. derp. That was referencing why they may also be hesitant to release another Phantasy Star game outside of Japan; rampant piracy and low sales effected Phantasy Star Portable 2, being one of the possible reasons that PSPo2i was not released outside of Japan, and by extension a red flag for releasing PSO2.
    Last edited by Anduril; Aug 25, 2015 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr-Phelps View Post
    Haven't tried the PC version was too busy waiting for the US release... we know how that went. Just hoping things will be different when the PS4 version hits, even if I have to import it.
    Yea, I'd like to believe that I could import it and play it. Since you can on most PS4 games since the system is region free. But in this case, Sega might IP block us.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    I just realized that I forgot to explain what I was specifically referring to. derp. That was referencing why they may also be hesitant to release another Phantasy Star game outside of Japan; rampant piracy and low sales effected Phantasy Star Portable 2, being one of the possible reasons that PSPo2i was not released outside of Japan.
    Oh I see. True for piracy since it's easy as shit to crack a PSP, but for sales, to be fair, PSP's major problem was the NDS and it's crushing jaws. The NDS system sold almost twice as many units worldwide, with a 2/3 ratio for the NDS in North America.
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

Was there an offline mode in the Vita version?

Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    Was there an offline mode in the Vita version?
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    And here we have the classic newb telling the rest of us how it is. Really learned a lot in the last month of being a member here right?

Got ourselves a real Phantasy Star expert here!
    been lurking the forum for about a year and half now, always the same fools raging for NA release, these people need to stfu and play on the JP server already

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale View Post
    been lurking the forum for about a year and half now, always the same fools raging for NA release, these people need to stfu and play on the JP server already
    People have the right to rage/complain/whine/macarena if they want.
    Doesn't change whether they'll get it or not, of course, but they can do it.

I used to always wait for the English releases as well until I saw what happened with PSU.

I grew up not getting local releases of games I wanted.
    When they did get localized, they were often butchered, censored, or had awful localization.
    So, when I can, I just go for the original JP version.
    It felt easier for me to learn the language than to put up with localization bullshit.

And yeah, Kotaku tends to cite blogs like Sankaku Complex as reputable sources, so they aren't exactly accurate.
    But it's true that localizing and maintaining PSO2 would be a huge pain to deal with compared to something like Project Diva.
    I would expect SEGA to have no plans to bring PS4 PSO2 to NA, especially when they couldn't be bothered porting the PC version.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Aug 25, 2015 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    And yeah, Kotaku tends to cite blogs like Sankaku Complex as reputable sources
    Sankaku Complex
    reputable sources
    I lol'd
    PLACEHOLDER SIGNATURE - music included ♪

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.