Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast

Thread: PSO2's engine?

Yeah, I just don't personally enjoy procedural generation.
    I don't enjoy it in other games either. I like the feel of environments to be tangible, static, existing places.
    I really enjoy environments like those in the Souls series.

Anyway, I was talking with a JP friend about the PSO2 graphical and design issues, and they mentioned something interesting.
    The Zan effect bug. I don't know if it's general knowledge. Not sure if I understood it right, but it goes something like this:
    If you use Zan and then do other stuff, the game hits an effect limit and the initial Zan becomes invisible.

The interesting part is, this bug didn't exist before. It started when the Vita service started.
    Which heavily implies that SEGA reduced the effect limit for the PC version alongside the Vita version.
    That in turn implies that SEGA intentionally keeps the PC version of PSO2 in line with the Vita version.
    The PC version could easily have an effect limit adjustment feature. But it doesn't.

So... that should be interesting to anyone arguing that PSO2 doesn't look shittier because of Vita.

They changed quite a bit of the game engine for the Vita. It just made a mess of things in PC, and honestly, can see a bit of it still in effect today.

Here's one post on bumped about it. http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-j...ugs-bugs-bugs/

Weird, I don't remember ever seeing that post.
    Thanks.

P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

I think I already linked this, but it's always fun:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9nwPK1nyI0

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    I think I already linked this, but it's always fun:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9nwPK1nyI0

why yu fix thisssssssssssssss bring this backkkkkkk

The dungeon generator is great for a instanced game like PSO2. But like Zyrusticae said, more variation in tiles would be great imo. They could even add random elements to existing tiles to break up some repetition. Since the environments are relatively primitive it wouldn't take that many resources to do either, but it is what it is.

I'm actually working on a procedural dungeon generator in Unity and it's actually way easier than I thought, still some things I need to work out but overall pretty easy.

Oh, one thing I really like about PSO2: wearing heels makes you taller, instead of making your legs shorter.
    That's super rare in these types of games.

Only problem is, they keep messing up the anatomy and proportions on some outfits.
    For example, your legs become shorter when you change outfits, or your feet have no toes.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    The sad thing is, DX9 FFXIV still looks way better than PSO2. Even pre-ARR looked better than PSO2.
    The difference is, gameplay wise, MMO games like FFIXV does not have manual input to control characters doing serial combo attacks. Let also take account of bandwidth to send textures online and collision detection for MMO. Considering PSO2 aimed to run on lower spec system as possible, it shows it ages and improvements are needed.

Few things SEGA needs to address, the use of Vulkan API (based on AMD Mantle) designed with videogames developers in mind available on nearly all platform including Android (Google confirmed its OS support to Vulkan). That way, nearly all hardware will be supported. I will be hardly surprising Playstation 4 will take advantage of that API.
    Japanese PSO2 Character
    Aliyah Tulumba Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpen Thingy View Post
    Have you not played other mmos? Hell Tera and Vindictus textures just look shiny instead of actually detailed. Most mmos get away with this aswell as the sexualized shit lol. As far as gameplay goes I still don't really see the problem with it since it went for more monster hunter instead of boring as shit style of gameplay like WOW.
    I agree. PSO2's gameplay is very tight for an action RPG, although it can be clunky at times with a controller. I'm glad they went in this direction instead of doing the WoW style. The combat system is far better than TERA's, without all that awkward clunkiness that comes with doing combos and such.