Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Fix For Game Not Launching After Pre-Patch Being Available

Forking this discussion from Quick Questions Thread for visibility http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...3385&page=2180

Apparently, launching the game today after the pre-patch is available for download deadlocks your Windows Defender against GameGuard for some reason.

I monitored Windows Defender (Antimalware Service Executable) disk usage and it hogs up to 100% and prevents you to play past the opening movies.

The solution is simply to disable Windows Defender until the issue is fixed.

Not sure if it's because of the Tweaker or the Gameguard itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Erra View Post
    Apparently it's not a tweaker problem at all. I never used it and still got that issue since the Prepatch of today. Kinda strange.

You can either make an exception in Windows Defender for PSO2's program folder (for example C:\SEGA for me)
    Apparently not Tweaker? You can also exclude the entire PSO2 folder from Defender for the fix.

Various diagnostics:
    - Restarted the computer, multiple times: not fixed
    - Launched game without patches (vanilla) : not fixed
    - Launched game without item translation: not fixed
    - Launched game without pso2proxy: not fixed
    - Launched game after Tweaker Gameguard troubleshooting : still not fixed
    - Disabled Windows Defender : successfully logged in.
    Last edited by elryan; Aug 23, 2015 at 04:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

My windows defender is already disabled and i still have trouble to launch the game.
    Sometimes my comp just freeze and i need to reboot and sometimes i can make it but after waiting 10min on the black screen.
    And even if i can make it, i can't see my chars on character select and the loading to lobby seems infinite :/

Edit: nvm i had microsoft security essentials activated.
    Last edited by sph83; Aug 22, 2015 at 03:36 PM.

Apparently it's not a tweaker problem at all. I never used it and still got that issue since the Prepatch of today. Kinda strange.

You can either make an exception in Windows Defender for PSO2's program folder (for example C:\SEGA for me) or disable Windows Defender completely which is not a huge problem on Windows 8.x but on Windows 10 it's apparently one of the things Microsoft wants you to use. Disabling Windows Defender in it's settings will only temporary disable it and it will be re-enabled after a restart.

So the best way probably is the fix this with changing the registry. I'll attach a .zip file with two registry files, one to disable and one to enable Windows Defender. If anyone else has this problem and uses Windows 10, this may help.
    If you download this, just extract it and execute the Disable Windows Defender.reg file and restart your computer. That should do the trick. At least it did for me.
    Last edited by Karen Erra; Aug 22, 2015 at 03:29 PM.

Main Characters:
    Karen Erra FI/ET 95 • Myuria PH 95 • Lady Harken BR/ET 95
    Raya GU/ET 95 • Anyusha Iljin LU 95 • 鈴来アイカ SU/PH 95
    ディスコルディア・「χ」ET 95 • Melody HR 95 • and more

I already had Windows Defender disabled, but adding the game's process (in my case G:\PSO2-JP\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\pso2_bin\pso2 (application file)) and file location as exceptions in Microsoft Security Essentials sorted it (it's probably essentially doing the same thing).

Ha, didn't know this was generalized, I just did the "usual" procedure when something goes wrong, and that's various file checks, deleted gameguard, and other procedures the tweaker has, and it finally worked.

@landman

I've done that last night, and yes it fixed the game abit. And then this morning it happended again (locked at black screen)

So, I'm trying the method plateialumitar had mentioned, hope it works.
    (Kazuki, RA or BR/HU, Human♂) (Yusei, FO/TE or FI, Newman♂)(Zane, TE or BR/HU, Deuman♂)
    Ship: 2-Ur

ダーク ファルス 【守護者】

Do any of you use any other Virus protection software by chance?

just re-download pso2.exe and gameguard if shit still not work, re-install directX. I got that blackscreen after prepatch then I applied those methods above, It's working fine now

Do a file check on the official launcher if your getting a black screen on boot after prepatching. I don't use the tweaker at all and had this issue, so it's unrelated to that. File check fixed it for me right away.

Does no one ever learn to wait at least until maintenance day or when maintenance starts to pre-patch? I thought we all knew this already by now from past mishaps