Page 53 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3435051525354555663 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Madevil View Post
    I'm trying to build from source, but I'm not sure how to obtain these new values to fill in for Addresses.txt and Form1.cs

example from last version change: Retargeted for client version 4.0201.2
    That's yours, mine and everyone else's question for the looks of it... XD

"The only thing necessary for lost data to prevail, is for good men to share nothing."
    Alucard, Internet Bible 03:20:1997

New version's good to go. As I mentioned before, you can expect support to be somewhat sporadic from now on.

I'm trying to build from source, but I'm not sure how to obtain these new values to fill in for Addresses.txt and Form1.cs

example from last version change: Retargeted for client version 4.0201.2
    Quote Originally Posted by MDashK View Post
    That's yours, mine and everyone else's question for the looks of it... XD
    I'm glad there are some people interested in picking this up. It'd be great to have someone to help with the minor updates. The values are actually pretty straightforward:
    Spoiler!

The newly calculated crc can only be obtained if you know GameGuard really well, or you have a tool to do it for you. Neither of those are publicly available, so there's a few other options available. The first is to just make ORIGINAL_CRC equal to PATCHED_CRC. This means that GameGuard will try to reject the AMT changes, but if you launch it alongside Pso2Tweaker, the Tweaker should take care of hiding it. The other option is to get a hold of the custom crc the Tweaker uses and use that for the value of PATCHED_CRC. In that case, you should probably ask someone from the Tweaker team to see if they can help you.

Those are the basics. However, sometimes it may be necessary to update the asm source files if anything significant was changed in the game. For those cases, it's usually necessary to hook into pso2 with a debugger, so you're probably better off waiting for me to get around to updating it.

For the most part, I have no problems with anyone releasing their own revisions of the tool. However, if you do so, please use a custom version suffix like v1.2k_rappy0 and detail what changes you have made in the readme.

thanks for the update, you're the savior

sadly I'm afraid I may not have enough knowledge to figure out
    (at first I thought all of those values could be calculated from the dumped file)

as windows executable debugging, I only know the concept, and I think this can't be passed over with a quick crash course if the programmer who is picking up don't have strong foundation in this area,
    we still need someone more experienced to help with minor updates

Next week they add the Star Gem scratch and Treasure Shop.
    ... I hope it doesn't screw over this AMT update.

thanks for the update, you're the savior

sadly I'm afraid I may not have enough knowledge to figure out
    (at first I thought all of those values could be calculated from the dumped file)

as windows executable debugging, I only know the concept, and I think this can't be passed over with a quick crash course if the programmer who is picking up don't have strong foundation in this area,
    we still need someone more experienced to help with minor updates
    Unfortunatelly, I'm in the same situation and agreement... =\

"The only thing necessary for lost data to prevail, is for good men to share nothing."
    Alucard, Internet Bible 03:20:1997

Really thanks for the update, but I hope you can do the next patch a bit more earlier (only hoping) cause on the upcoming MT comes another new PSO2.exe.

ver. 4.0301.1 *DUN DUN DUN!!!*
    [SHIP09 - Hagall] キャメロット - セイバー (Saber) || ダージリン (Darjeeling) || ミュセル・フォアラン (Myucel Foaran).

==============
    ARKS INSIDER Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/arksinsider/

AMT not working again

Back to not being able to see a few cm in front of my face, and not being able to see stuff right in front of my face.
    Makes me feel as short-sighted as SEGA.

And next week we're getting ver. 4.0301.2... .__.
    [SHIP09 - Hagall] キャメロット - セイバー (Saber) || ダージリン (Darjeeling) || ミュセル・フォアラン (Myucel Foaran).

==============
    ARKS INSIDER Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/arksinsider/

Being able to see past your nose isn't a priority in SEGA games, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    Being able to see past your nose isn't a priority in SEGA games, apparently.
    Pretty sure that's a problem just for you or a minority. Unless you're trying to use hyperbole for comedic effect, in which case, carry on.
    Draw distance has never been an issue for me, ever. Disabling far culling has just been a fun bonus.