Page 70 of 75 FirstFirst ... 206067686970717273 ... LastLast

Wanted to give this tool a try, but I keep getting a "Game Signature Mismatch" error. What does that mean? Is the Ark Mod tool no longer up to date with the game or something?

Another Question I should ask is if this Arks Mods Tool works with the PSO2 Tweakers new RAISER plugin.
    Last edited by Shade_Koopa; Mar 20, 2017 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kurokyosuke View Post
    There seems to be a bug with Hide Screen Notifications. Even though I don't have the option enabled, notifications are being hidden in my game when I open AMT. Even after I close AMT, notifications stay hidden until I reboot the game.
    Waiting for this to be fixed, and an update.

Quote Originally Posted by kurokyosuke View Post
    Waiting for this to be fixed, and an update.
    Apologies for the continued and unannounced down time. Business as usual has got me tied up entirely. It will likely be another week until I am able to provide the requested bugfixes and updates.

Is 'kay. Announcement of delay is always better than finding out that there's no longer any support for the plug-in.
    In fact, this gives everyone something to look forward to next week. (No rush though; If you're still busy by then, just go at your own pace)

This is amazing, the e-trials block my screen and I can't see anything.
    Though, why exactly does it break all the time and how do you get it to work again once Sega broke it?

Maybe I can help, I seriously need this because e-trials are a huge bother for me.

Quote Originally Posted by HardLight620 View Post
    Apologies for the continued and unannounced down time. Business as usual has got me tied up entirely. It will likely be another week until I am able to provide the requested bugfixes and updates.
    Thanks for the heads up! As long as we can keep the faith alive I'll wait as long as I have to. (*'▽')

Well, so saying, I actually built my own copy from the github last night using a fresh memory dump, but it didn't work. Did I do it wrong or is there more involved?

Is it possible to use this now? Is there an update?

So, not taking any help at all?
    That is disappointing, sadly there is little point in this awesome tool at the moment because it is broken far more often than working.

Of course it's understandable that you are busy with other things but then it would be great if we could help because this way we can actually use the tool and wouldn't have to wait months between being able to use it for a week or so.

Well, this week was a no go. The rest of the month will likely be the same. Somethingsomething changing jobs, somethingsomething moving countries. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuhou View Post
    So, not taking any help at all?
    That is disappointing, sadly there is little point in this awesome tool at the moment because it is broken far more often than working.

Of course it's understandable that you are busy with other things but then it would be great if we could help because this way we can actually use the tool and wouldn't have to wait months between being able to use it for a week or so.
    What is there to take on? Anyone can compile, build, and update the program on their own. I have even explained a bit on each of the changes necessary for between each update in this post here. The only other thing besides that are fixes to the mod code that break over time as the game gets updated and that's not something I can explain - you're either good enough to figure it out on your own or you're not.

While it is true that I have decided not to disclose the method for recalculating the CRCs, that is something that will not change whether you are helping me out or not. That being said, there is nothing wrong with just commenting out the CRC check/write calls from the source code in Form1.cs ln537, 538 and running the program as it is. As I recall, the PSO2Tweaker plugin system just bombs the CRC check anyways, so there's really nothing stopping a custom version of the AMT from piggybacking in on that. Send me a memdump of the game running under your version of the AMT, and I'll even send you back a calculated CRC as soon as I can so you can use it standalone without depending on the Tweaker.

I haven't been very good at keeping the tool updated lately, so I understand your frustration. I would be more than happy to take someone on to help me maintain this, but before that, I need someone who can show me that they can figure things out on their own without my constant supervision.

Quote Originally Posted by HardLight620 View Post
    Well, this week was a no go. The rest of the month will likely be the same. Somethingsomething changing jobs, somethingsomething moving countries. Sorry about the inconvenience.

What is there to take on? Anyone can compile, build, and update the program on their own. I have even explained a bit on each of the changes necessary for between each update in this post here. The only other thing besides that are fixes to the mod code that break over time as the game gets updated and that's not something I can explain - you're either good enough to figure it out on your own or you're not.

While it is true that I have decided not to disclose the method for recalculating the CRCs, that is something that will not change whether you are helping me out or not. That being said, there is nothing wrong with just commenting out the CRC check/write calls from the source code in Form1.cs ln537, 538 and running the program as it is. As I recall, the PSO2Tweaker plugin system just bombs the CRC check anyways, so there's really nothing stopping a custom version of the AMT from piggybacking in on that. Send me a memdump of the game running under your version of the AMT, and I'll even send you back a calculated CRC as soon as I can so you can use it standalone without depending on the Tweaker.

I haven't been very good at keeping the tool updated lately, so I understand your frustration. I would be more than happy to take someone on to help me maintain this, but before that, I need someone who can show me that they can figure things out on their own without my constant supervision.
    I haven't looked at it much, but if you make AMT do signature searches for the start of necessary functions that'd solve the issue wouldn't it? Though I suppose you'd need something a bit more sophisticated to properly change pointers. I don't imagine the function logic itself changes that much though.

I'm actually pretty surprised you haven't already done signature searches earlier, I was fed up manually fixing the item patch every update and just got a signature for it so it'd automatically find it on start up.

You can ping me on the Phantasy Star Fleet discord if you need some more manpower to get it initially setup, but I don't really have much interest in this tool or maintaining it .

Edit: Ah, I see how you're doing it. I misunderstood, we might just be able to rework it to pull the necessary addresses during run-time, but it'd be more work than I initially thought. In the long run, I still think it'd be a better move though.

Edit2: I lied, I actually realized what you're doing now and automating this is time and effort and it'll still probably break after every other update. Uh. If you've got time to rewrite this to be more dynamic friendly, let me know, but I now have a deeper respect for your diligence.
    Last edited by Variant; Apr 9, 2017 at 01:27 PM.