Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Yeah, Ares does.

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    Looks like tech weapons got shafted with the Photon Booster update!
    Indeed they did...

Quote Originally Posted by Bellion View Post
    Yep, it specifically states Technics, not Compound Technics.
    Meanwhile, elemental tech potentials apply to both elements as long as it has one of the elements in the mix.
    Well, the element boosting ones also states Techs specifically, as well, but they still work on Compound Techs, so it's not a valid argument by saying that Psycho Wand states Techs. Specific element Techs are just a subset of all Techs in general. The one that LonelyGaruga mentioned is valid, though, since the potential decreases PP consumption and also increases damage, but if it doesn't do that former, then it won't do the latter. That's the most understandable logic for why this is.. Not that I'm happy that it can be made logically sound... >_<

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMag View Post
    Does the Ares pot boost compounds at least? Never really got a clear answer to that.
    Ares just increase all damage in general, so it would just be stupid if it had an exception.
    Ship 02 | ID: Perfect Chaos
    Characters
    Zelda (Newman ALL @ 100) | Sheik (Newman Et/Bo/Fi/Ph/Te @ 100) | Samus (Cast Gu/Fi/Ra @ 100)
    Ganondorf (Dewman Fi/Et/Hu @ 100) | Link (Newman Br/Et/Hu/Hr @ 100) | Deoxys (Cast Lu @ 100)
    Level 50 Technique Customization (max level) using Craft Tech Maker 4. Feel free to message me in game to request any recipe(s).

Yeah, that is a much better way of putting it.
    The elemental ones are just as long as it's an elemental technic.
    The Psycho Wand just states vaguely technic in general.
    With the Magical Piece it states compound elemental technic.
    I've been pretty much thinking the elemental part is why, but if SEGA really intended on the potential checking if it uses PP or not first to determine the second part, then lol.

Well that explains it. I changed to Pwand for my new build. I sold off all of my elemental rods in favor of the pwand since the pwand is better. Or so I thought!

That's pretty shit that it doesn't boost the damage of the compound techs. Well that explains everything perfectly clear. The only reason i'm not seeing a huge decrease is because of my new units and the new max lvl 120 t-atk bonus.

I got my pwands thinking that all techs would get the bonus. Well in reality they all do just not the 3 compound ones.

Even if it worked for Compound Techs, you shouldn't have sold your element Rods, anyway, unless you have a rainbow set of Psycho Wands. Off-element Psycho Wand will still be significantly weaker than an on-element element-boosting Rod.
    Ship 02 | ID: Perfect Chaos
    Characters
    Zelda (Newman ALL @ 100) | Sheik (Newman Et/Bo/Fi/Ph/Te @ 100) | Samus (Cast Gu/Fi/Ra @ 100)
    Ganondorf (Dewman Fi/Et/Hu @ 100) | Link (Newman Br/Et/Hu/Hr @ 100) | Deoxys (Cast Lu @ 100)
    Level 50 Technique Customization (max level) using Craft Tech Maker 4. Feel free to message me in game to request any recipe(s).

Well, just an example of how we have to be on our toes with how the game mechanics actually work.
    Thanks for the heads up.

Maybe they'll fix it later. Who knows, maybe the coders just selected affected Techs from a list and forgot to include Compound Techs.

Copy-pasted relevant discussion from the Psycho Wand JP wiki page:
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Sep 1, 2015 at 12:35 AM.

Friends with Ragne-chan! Maenara's Avatar

Or maybe Compound Techniques are literally a different thing than Techniques, as indicated by the facts that they are in their own tab in multiple areas and, just because a given class can cast Techniques, it doesn't enable them to cast Compound Techniques, so when something specifically increases the power of Techniques, it logically increases the power of Techniques and not something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    this is an absolutely disgusting post

reported.
    Maenara - Level 75 HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Chaos View Post
    Even if it worked for Compound Techs, you shouldn't have sold your element Rods, anyway, unless you have a rainbow set of Psycho Wands. Off-element Psycho Wand will still be significantly weaker than an on-element element-boosting Rod.
    I have a rainbow set. Seriously you can't blame me for selling the elemental rods. The Pwand has like 100 more t-atk than the basic 11* fire rod. That more than makes up for the lost in 1% from the fire rod. With the new potential the Psycho Wand does more damage and saves PP.

There's no competition.

But of course I had no clue that it didn't power up the compound techs. I figured as much as everyone else that the the 15% was added to all techs seeing as the compound techs are also TECHS. This is pretty stupid. I hope they fix it.

Yeah, but I mean, it's possible that when they coded the potential, they didn't consider Compound Techs because they're literally a different thing, in a different place, or with different references.

Who knows whether that was intended or not?
    We'll have to wait and see if they officially recognize it as a bug.

Friends with Ragne-chan! Maenara's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    Yeah, but I mean, it's possible that when they coded the potential, they didn't consider Compound Techs because they're literally a different thing, in a different place, or with different references.

Who knows whether that was intended or not?
    We'll have to wait and see if they officially recognize it as a bug.
    Depends on how the potential is worded. Does it say it increases Technique Damage? Or does it say it increases Damage of Techniques? Compound Techniques inflict Technique damage, yes, but Dead Approach inflicts striking damage, that doesn't make it a striking PA. It's all technical bibble-babble in the same way that, technically, a Talis normal attack is the only thing in the entire game that inflicts T-Atk damage, as opposed to Technique damage, two different things as far as the game is concerned.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    this is an absolutely disgusting post

reported.
    Maenara - Level 75 HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO