Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Taking it back to PSO, I would prefer the gamecube version with the Xbox version.

The sole reason is the ability to play with other people. Xbox players cannot play with other countries. Wasn't that a BIG part of the first PSO which started the hype? To play effortlessly with Japanese and EU players?

If I was to get Xbox PSO, there would be NO way of playing with players from Japan, which is something I do on a regular basis due to the majority of rude US players (sure, JP players can be rude occasionally, but they're not a ass about it)...

Ah well. I'm staying put on the GC version. ^_^

I would prefer the gamecube version with the Xbox version.
    With? Did you mean to say over?

I'm not saying I don't love PSOGC. I've been playing it for months straight. And I understand that the compatability issue is entirely different if you live outside the US. I've had some of my best PSO experiences playing with Germans in C-mode. If it were possible for PSOX players to play with those in other countries I would say they should do it, especially in the case of US and European players. That being said, it could cause problems and frustrations for players not multilingual. PSO is about cooperation and communication, without those you might as well be playing with a bunch of NPCs.

Veteran Fighter

I don't know anyone who was 'sold' on PSO originally because you could play with foreigners. I mean while the multilingual chat system was and is pretty nifty, it's really far too limited. you might as well be talking to a computer program.
    I feel that if anyone is hampered it's probably EU players since they've already got more limited numbers and are divided further by language barriers, it would be nice if you could speak english as a european player, to be able to go to the US servers and have greater options. Honestly from a US perspective though, there's no compelling reason to play with people from other countries other than to claim that you do. IE some people think it makes them 'cooler' to play with japanese people, whether it does is debatable, but they're going to defend that to the death.

I play PSOGC and love it. I am sure the Xbox version is great with voice chat and superior graphics, but I can only afford dial-up at the moment so would be unable to play online on Xbox. I don't hate Xbox, but the wonderfully clever fanboys of it infuriate with me when they try to belittle owners of other consoles because they are such stupid/poor/uneducated kiddies/fanboys/fools.

You guys just need to accept that people won't all flock to the most powerful console. It is pointless trying to change there opinions by posting on a message board, just as it would be to try tell someone their taste in music was foolish and they should listen to your favourite because you say so.

As people have already pointed out, this site is all about PSO, so stop the hate and just remember why we are all here. I am happy that PSOX is doing well, just as I am that it is doing good on GC. The more people playing PSO, the better.

Oh, and Hi everyone!

Quite a long first post there

Veteran Fighter

I don't hate Xbox, but the wonderfully clever fanboys of it infuriate with me when they try to belittle owners of other consoles because they are such stupid/poor/uneducated kiddies/fanboys/fools.
    While there are plenty of stupid Xbox fanboys, I think it's safe to say the majority of fanboys in general, and here at PSO world, are anti-Xbox.
    This pisses me off to no end, so I usually end up defending Xbox, which in turn makes me look like a fanboy to the other fanboys. Make no mistake, I really don't care what system you play games on, just don't try and talk smack about that which you have no experience with.

Blue Harmony

On 2003-04-25 23:16, Chris22783 wrote:
    and Halo sucks (it is a bland and unoriginal first person shooter,
    Gee, people like you spewing such crap never fail to crack me up
    Since you're at it, you could add that StarCraft and Half-life were bland and unoriginal games too.

Hi, Symtex. As you see, PSOW is riddled with idiocy. You encouraged it, when you made this topic. A mod should close this.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PlatinumGame on 2003-04-26 15:10 ]</font>

Seriously, it's the same game, no matter what system you play it on. Who cares what system the game is played on?

If you can't enjoy the PSO community here, which consists of those who play it on DC, PC, GC and X-box, then by all means, leave.

If you hate a system, thats fine, you're allowed to dislike anything, but don't slam it into the ground to the extent of being rude and ignorant.

Enjoy this community because we all play PSO, no matter what system it's on.

Keep your issues at the door.

And I'm going to lock this, because it just keeps going off-topic and it's no use letting it break into flame wars. =
    Look, he did it again.