Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

That isn't strictly speaking a PSO2 costume design though, is it?

There's Orakio Jacket, Wild Ogre and the swimsuits too

"Elitism" is one of those words that has lost its meaning because people throw it around so much.
    It currently seems to mean "stating a fact that people don't want to accept".

I'm sure there are a ton of reasons why SEGA can't be bothered porting PSO2 to the West.
    And there's no point in us speculating. It could be anything. Fact is they don't want to, and that's that.

because fans would never accept the gulf in content when they could continue playing the jp version.

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

Quote Originally Posted by Magicks View Post
    Didn't SEGA NA also get restructured? Maybe that's also a reason.
    "SEGA NA"
    ---
    Not just NA... trust me on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    And there's no point in us speculating. It could be anything.
    Seeing as how the subject is a for-profit business entity it ought to be a fairly safe bet to assume the reasons have an awful lot to do with projected profit margins, though.

There are so many NA/EU game developers out there. How hard would it be to do a kickstarter for a Phantasy Star "clone"? Xbox, PC, PS4, WiiU I don't care. Without breaking copyright infringements, I'd love to see a company do a game similar to PSO, PSU, PSPo2 or PSO2. Would likely make a lot of money. Wish I knew programmers.
    I'm sick of waiting for western release. Fuch Sega.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisha View Post
    because fans would never accept the gulf in content when they could continue playing the jp version.
    Huge gaps in content has never turned really turned away the fanbase, it's the oversaturation of crossovers that seems to hurt the game in the gameplay department than catering to their fans.

SEGA went through a recent restructuring with some of their offices, and laying off employees due to it. If anything, at this point in time it would require a vast amount of resources to bring the game outside of Japan and finding server hosts, actors to do the voices, licensing fees for crossover content, dedicated teams to monitor the game, translation teams, and come up with promotional content to ensure that fans would play the game. If the NA branch having to move to a smaller office means anything, they're lacking the funds needed to properly do so. Taking it back further, some of their recent games have been pretty lackluster.

As it is now, SEGA is focusing mostly on the gacha portion of the game as well as its pachinko business in Japan. Making profit is their priority even when their CEO claims that they're trying to make it up for fans outside of Japan.

I was hoping for changes in how they did their business when the CEO made that statement, but seeing how they're limiting PSO2 on PS4 to Japanese only foresaw the outcome. Nothing has changed, they're showcasing games as per usual, and even then, it isn't unexpected.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    By this point, anyone who still wants to play the game but refuses to use the publicly available translation patch that has been proven by time to be harmless can now be considered elitist, in a sense. Suck it up, people. It isn't coming stateside, it never will, suck it up and decide whether you really want to play the game or not.
    Because I have been playing ps games since I was little. And again thats the elistism attitude I grow sick of in the pso community. I have 3 characters and have been on the game since the start but at the same time I would like it to come stateside and so would many other fans. Not everyone is some tos breaking pc gamer that enjoys acting as if the game is the greatest to blow rainbows out of its rear with so many mmos on the market today espically with black sands looking pretty neat. I just think the prospect of playing on ps4 would be fun and saying f2p do not do well is silly. Guild wars did pretty good last I checked.
    Meta77 and Melissa- The Ultimate dream team *in any game* aka cheesy duck and icecream bunny.
    Meta77-Level 150 FF: Human/M
    Metal Meta77-Level 150MG: Cast/M
    Neo Meta77-Level 149 MT: Newman/M
    Kasumi77-Level 64 F: Cast/F

Seriously, though... with this new CEO looking to "regain the trust of it's fanbase" and get the old Sega fans back on board, you'd think that making the western version of PS02 would be a no-brainer... considering how they originally were doing it, then just pulled a Half-Life 3 or Duke Nukem Forever and said "it'll be done when it's done". I mean, sure, it'd take a little bit of time to localize things, but it's not like they wouldn't profit off it.

And if you think that a F2P MMORPG wouldn't profit in the west, then you underestimate the power of self-entitled kiddies taking mommy and daddy's credit card (assuming they aren't being given a debit/credit card by age 10 along with the newest iPhone)... F2P MMOs do quite well in North America as well... terrible example, but look at Maple Story... the NA version is over 10 years old now and still making substantial profits across the board.