Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Friends with Ragne-chan! Maenara's Avatar

Why is it that every bit of news regarding PSO2 results in people thinking 'Okay, now Sega HAS to bring it stateside!!!!'?
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    this is an absolutely disgusting post

reported.
    Maenara - Level 75 HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    Why is it that every bit of news regarding PSO2 results in people thinking 'Okay, now Sega HAS to bring it stateside!!!!'?
    You honestly should have known this is happening.

Can't remember like a year or however long ago when someone said
    "Maybe when they bring it to PS3 or PS4 is when they might think of bringing it to the west?"

Or how about
    "Maybe they're waiting until they upgrade the graphics because it's now really outdated."

This was a while back I've seen people say those things. Of course most replies were
    "They won't put it on PS3/PS4" or something.
    Seeing as PS4 is getting it AND the graphics upgrade, of course the talk will return from whence it came.

What I always find the most mind baffling is the fact that after almost 4 years people still want it to come to the US. LMAO.

Next year on April the game will be 4 years old guys....Holy shit. Do you REALLY wanna play a game thats 4 years behind?

I hate to say this but some people here are downright retarded.

Friends with Ragne-chan! Maenara's Avatar

By this point, anyone who still wants to play the game but refuses to use the publicly available translation patch that has been proven by time to be harmless can now be considered elitist, in a sense. Suck it up, people. It isn't coming stateside, it never will, suck it up and decide whether you really want to play the game or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    this is an absolutely disgusting post

reported.
    Maenara - Level 75 HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO

I'm sure I read somewhere that some of the higher-ups think it's too 'Japanese' to succeed outside of Japan. I suppose it did turn into something pretty niche.

I'm sure any hypothetical local version could be released without the licenced content though, and not suffer for it.

Team: Outsourced Mutiny lostinseganet's Avatar
    Lost somewhere between seganet and the grave

Lightbulb They also need more polys in the ...upper portions

Cultrure issues. They would be called racist and sexist pigs. Also they are scared or western hackers. PSO from dreamcast had some painful times for sega due to hackers
    You need good D...!? Well so do I!
    PSO 2 + D.D.R.♪, Playable Instruments, AND karaoke! Think of the Competitive Anime Conventions!Dreamcast was art, and like art it was not appreciated until it was DEAD
    I like teh magics in my melee. Not teh melee in ma magics (^_0),
    Lostinseganet: Self proclaimed Melee FOrce!

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Squal_FFVIII View Post
    What I always find the most mind baffling is the fact that after almost 4 years people still want it to come to the US. LMAO.

Next year on April the game will be 4 years old guys....Holy shit. Do you REALLY wanna play a game thats 4 years behind?

I hate to say this but some people here are downright retarded.
    I remember when PSU was like 5 months then it got worse and worse and was then like 10 or 11 months behind. People were getting annoyed and was wonderng when the western servers would catch up with it.
    Then wondering when the GC would come and found out it never was going to.

I don't see how you hated that, but want that same thing to happen again.

By this point, anyone who still wants to play the game but refuses to use the publicly available translation patch that has been proven by time to be harmless can now be considered elitist, in a sense. Suck it up, people. It isn't coming stateside, it never will, suck it up and decide whether you really want to play the game or not.
    By this point I think some of them want to whine just to whine. I like how people like to say we are xenophobic, yet it seems like some of those that say that are the same ones that go "I can't play a game that's not 100% in English".

Quote Originally Posted by Hysteria1987 View Post
    I'm sure I read somewhere that some of the higher-ups think it's too 'Japanese' to succeed outside of Japan. I suppose it did turn into something pretty niche.

I'm sure any hypothetical local version could be released without the licenced content though, and not suffer for it.
    The reason why PSU PC died was because of that though. Many couldn't stand it and jumped ship do the JPN servers or just stopped playing completely.
    Those that didn't go to the Japanese servers went to the 360. And even then, the 360 only didn't die because Japanese players were on it as well.

So no... it would not survive long.
    And it would be even worse as it's not that it would be just a delay, a lot of content will be missing. A lot.

Quote Originally Posted by lostinseganet View Post
    Cultrure issues. They would be called racist and sexist pigs. Also they are scared or western hackers. PSO from dreamcast had some painful times for sega due to hackers
    I can see Anita and her owner saying some thing about the Luna Prophecy. PSP2i stayed in Japan so they don't know much about it. If PSO2 came, just think of the crap for just that one specific piece.
    I already sometimes annoyed how there's certain clothes I want I wont' get, but I try to get a certain set up to work.
    America though, a lot of people will be "Triggered" by how "why am I looking like a whore, but the man looks just fine?!"
    Big news for Sega and Sega will have to probably just shut the servers down as they won't add more work to the game outside Japan for the same pay they was already getting from the West... OR maybe less as some of those same people might play and then just leave the game and cause trouble.
    Last edited by [Ayumi]; Sep 18, 2015 at 06:19 PM.

But if it does come over, think of the surprise! No reason for people not to have hope if they want to, SEGA never canceled it, so if peeps wanna believe it's still coming out, why not?

There are a few issues people want to play it, without the translation patches, they want to be able to give SEGA money, sure there are ways about this... but it's kinda annoying everytime.

I think people would bemoan this but why can't Sega do one of two things:
    1. Make PSO2 as accessible as possible to westerners with official English guides and support etc.
    2. Put a super basic translation out there using English overlays or similar. Might look crude but easy way to ensure western fans get a good taste of the experience. Cost would be minimal in business terms. Yeah sure folks would moan it's not done brilliantly but if it gets PSO2 in the west then all the better.

I have been surrounded by the VG industry for over 20 years and I have seen many companies put out shoddy crap and made a total killing. All the talk about payment systems and legality make total sense but then why not put disclaimers explaining this to the folks wanting the AC etc...?

We all have our views on NIS America and so forth but why can't collaboration be an option?

Japan is a big market sure but some besuited person at Sega must be like "Why are we not doing this?"

Obv. theres a lot of variables to consider but those costs would never outweigh the pay model created within the framework of PSO2.

Part of it IMO is that Japanese companies tend to look inwards at Japan first rather than outwards at the world.

But the second thing is that they're very institutionalized, otherwise they could just do a quick hack like make an International Ship hosted in Japan, in Japanese by default, but work with and pay AIDA, make an English landing page and an English launcher that integrates with the EN patch.