Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shikigami Weapon (Lvl-91) ShiroiRen's Avatar

Angry Irritating Nuisences: "exe" crashing

Okay, I hate asking things around some places, but this is starting to irritate me now, and a lot. Why is it that when I am now running PSO2 for only about 1 to 5 minutes then all of a sudden there's a "warning! PSO2.exe needs to close!"

It seems after last maintenance before the new scratch just came out that this problem has been starting to be a repeated nuisance, and the condition has been worsening lately, like an itch that can't be scratched even. And I emphasize "an itch that can't be scratched" because a team member told me "try using the exe repair option from the tweaker", which I did and it at first worked for at least a day and a half, but then it started doing it all over again. Now I've been constantly trying to get a exe-repair from it and the problem seems to "resist" the file fixer and still crashes non-stop.

I got fed up and used two virus scanners to scout my PC to find out if it was infected with something (as it was also affecting another program too! something else I have just won't even open anymore!) and to my disappointing surprise, both virus scanners said "there is no virus except *targeting PSO1 which I had, it has no virus so that's no excuse*"

Sorry for having a bit of a temper, but just what the F$&k is wrong with the game now?! I do know at rare times before it done this, but this time around it's at its worst. Is there a way to fix this pompous irritation?

I'd try reinstalling or removing English patches and running the game. That's usually the culprit when something like this happens.

If this is happening to other programs as well, it may be a hardware issue, maybe faulty/failing RAM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    If this is happening to other programs as well, it may be a hardware issue, maybe faulty/failing RAM.
    I pray to dear god that it wasn't because of me updating to Windows 10.... problem is that it still done it even on Windows 8.1 when I had it, but this has been rather ridiculous lately.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartBreak301 View Post
    I'd try reinstalling or removing English patches and running the game. That's usually the culprit when something like this happens.
    That sounds like an option I'd try. I will report back here too if it does or not work. Funny it is that how I only have it on the regular small english patch via Tweaker that it's been getting this far out of hand.

It does include having been frozen at the end of a final of five Extreme Quest fights that I lost over 45 Phantom Night stone fragments as well I assume because the navigator did not reply, also how I lost a ton of rares vs Magatsu Sai on Extra Hard as a bonus boss battle despite my victory.
    Last edited by ShiroiRen; Sep 24, 2015 at 07:27 PM.

I remember hearing the game had issues on Windows 10, but that was when it was first released and I have no idea what the compatability is like now.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartBreak301 View Post
    I remember hearing the game had issues on Windows 10, but that was when it was first released and I have no idea what the compatability is like now.
    My personal notice about this:
    Less lag, more "death without warning" risk though. Seems a bit more prone to these kinds of malfunction incidents but not as far as from why I triggered this topic though.... it was less troublesome than this. Else if, it'd be no different much but again as said: less lag than before. Not so many "630: You are disconnected!" spammed errors anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    Not only ram could be failing, it can be other hardware that can cause the issue as well, whats your specs OP since you're crashing so often, also have you ever done a full install/format instead of a upgrade since that can solve some issues/problems.

maybe post a screenshot of that message itself because it seems like you are missing some keywords from it, while most messages from windows are relatively uninformative that one sounds like a "something has happened" case
    my safe bet is you are running out of virtual memory which covers both hardware memory and swap file so the system gives you a choice to close the game to fix that, you can increase the swap file to sidestep it if it's that issue
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    maybe post a screenshot of that message itself because it seems like you are missing some keywords from it, while most messages from windows are relatively uninformative that one sounds like a "something has happened" case
    my safe bet is you are running out of virtual memory which covers both hardware memory and swap file so the system gives you a choice to close the game to fix that, you can increase the swap file to sidestep it if it's that issue
    Sadly it's far too fast to let me catch what's happening. It simply throws in "warning! PSO2.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close!" a lot, or just kills itself without warning (like what just happened when I tried to go after Profound Darkness Rush against Falz Elder and Luther. Died in the mid-point vs Luther, and this time it killed itself at my final chance even on demoted SH difficulty with a small party of only 09/12 and I couldn't even get past Elder now)

Heartbreak301's answer almost broke the bar of it, and actually did for a day, but the problem came back and now it resists that too.... despite kicking the english patch back out, it's starting to "resist" that fix too and continues to commit digital suicide.

It also stupidly crashes at the lowest graphics setting, removed english patch, and disabled autowords and disabled lobby movie terminals, and even more bogus is I did a experiment to see if it would at least sit in place without crashing, but it's gone as ridiculous up to doing it even if I don't move at all for even a mere 30sec~2 minutes or less.

I closed all other programs running out as well, yet it still persists. Repeat: this started since last maintenance before the Hyperdimension Neptuna content was released for an entire week, this is now week 2 going in over to week 3.

Current things I have now is:
    OS System: Windows 10,
    Computer: Hewlett Packard Laptop (starts with Windows 8.1) w Intel Core-i3

Very seldom did it crash before, but seems after the week before last (around Sept. 18's maintenance) is when it started getting out of control all the way up to and now as I speak.

Side note: I doubt it's because I installed a random game (Zombie Army Trilogy)...... but then again maybe it could have been....

Unimportant note:
    *P.s: I am currently already sobbing because I was "banned" by the computer from PSO2 in the middle of fighting Falz Elder & Luther while I had a large EXP boost set activated multiple compromises in a row. That was like... very fair for it to start doing that nonsense so brutally. Seems the gods frown upon this helpless FOnewearl today...
    Last edited by ShiroiRen; Sep 25, 2015 at 10:05 PM.

Its mostly hit and miss with win 10 with pso2 when upgrading to that OS on different hardware, some people just went back to 7/8.1 due to the issues they have with the OS, some other people had to disable the sound for the game to prevent it from crashing as seen in some older threads in the tech section, i doubt doing a full reformat for win 10 would fix your issue, just be sure to backup your pso2 folder and any important data before you do.