Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default In desperate need of help with error 816

Well that was completely out of nowhere. After 3 years of playing innocently today is the day my account gets locked with error 816. I did not receive any email but the email address I used when I created this account 3 years ago is Hotmail which is known to not work properly with pso2 japan for some reason.

So yeah.. even tho I've never done anything wrong here I am... Im depressed as heck and the last thing I want is 3 years of hard labor going down the sink. From what I've read on other threads the only way to get rid of error 816 is to contact SEGA.

As contacting them in english is out of the question (perfect plan to not get a reply) I need help from people that are fluent in japanese or at least know a bit (or if you know someone that knows someone, that works too). I'd gladly take any kind of help I can find.

Please, if any kind soul could help me with that, I would be eternally grateful.

Mechanized Combat Engineer Freshellent's Avatar

I had something similar happen to me a while back ago. I hadn't bothered to recover the account for some time, tried again recently and discovered it wouldn't really be possible.

This may not be the most encouraging thing to hear- but should you be unable to recover your stuff... I've found it's not terribly difficult to start over again. In fact, it's much easier. Basic knowledge of the game arms you with the ability to catch up reasonably easily with enough effort.

Maybe what I'm trying to say is, prepare yourself for this sort of thing to happen in games like this. At some point you'll lose your stuff anyway, it happened on the older PS titles... it will on this one too.

I was fortunate to have help and some patience to get me started again, but even so I've taken extra precautions to prevent this sort of thing from happening again. For this particular event though? There's not much one can do from the sound of it.

Best of luck, and if you start over again just try not to stress it. It can be done.
    Veteran of the former Universe 11. PSO2 -Ship 02-

Quote Originally Posted by Freshellent View Post
    I had something similar happen to me a while back ago. I hadn't bothered to recover the account for some time, tried again recently and discovered it wouldn't really be possible.

This may not be the most encouraging thing to hear- but should you be unable to recover your stuff... I've found it's not terribly difficult to start over again. In fact, it's much easier. Basic knowledge of the game arms you with the ability to catch up reasonably easily with enough effort.

Maybe what I'm trying to say is, prepare yourself for this sort of thing to happen in games like this. At some point you'll lose your stuff anyway, it happened on the older PS titles... it will on this one too.

I was fortunate to have help and some patience to get me started again, but even so I've taken extra precautions to prevent this sort of thing from happening again. For this particular event though? There's not much one can do from the sound of it.

Best of luck, and if you start over again just try not to stress it. It can be done.
    Some people just wouldn't want to start over just like that though, some of us really put some effort to our character.
    Going through all trouble just to catch up again will gain nothing but burnt yourself and probably losing interest for the game itself.
    Maybe just imagine the said person account, was banned a week after they obtained/making their dream weapon, damn that was just a huge bummer.
    If i were on his shoes, if no one bother to help me i'd probably just quit rather than start over, while losing all of those stuff.

Mechanized Combat Engineer Freshellent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wefwq View Post
    Some people just wouldn't want to start over just like that though, some of us really put some effort to our character.
    Going through all trouble just to catch up again will gain nothing but burnt yourself and probably losing interest for the game itself.
    Maybe just imagine the said person account, was banned a week after they obtained/making their dream weapon, damn that was just a huge bummer.
    If i were on his shoes, if no one bother to help me i'd probably just quit rather than start over, while losing all of those stuff.
    And that's a perfectly reasonable reaction. I couldn't pretend to have put that much time into this game, but I have in previous PS titles, as I'm sure many others on this forum have and believe that it's possible to recover IF they wanted to. Only a few things I can think of you just flat out can't get, besides time and effort but that's a different discussion I think.

Hopefully someone can help find a solution for them so that won't be an issue at all.
    Veteran of the former Universe 11. PSO2 -Ship 02-

If you could find and post the message from SEGA, I might be able to formulate a generic response.
    Although I'm sure there are lots of other people here who could also help with that.

If you have a JP friend, I'd give them your info (player ID, char name, email, ect.) and have him contact support as if it was his account. Otherwise you're most likely to not get the ban lifted. This happened to a friend and he got his JP friend to do the communication and got his account back. Best of luck.
    Jack - Ship 2 - Killer Panda

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

EMO SIG!! EMO SIG!!

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

You are not getting unbanned. I've tried constantly over the past year to get my last account un-816'd by contacting SEGA (in Japanese, I have basic knowledge so it's not like they wouldn't understand my tickets), but I never got any response from them everytime I tried.

You might have a chance if someone natively from Japan helps you, but I could never get it done myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Louiseee View Post
    Glad you're gone tbh imo.
    The shade is real with this one. Sorry you're going through this OP and wish you the best in getting it resolved.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Louiseee View Post
    Glad you're gone tbh imo.
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOSER

Fight your own battles like a man and talk shit up e-front! Don't wait for SEGA to throw the first punch!

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.