Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Severed001 View Post
    “Uncertainty is the only certainty there is, and knowing how to live with insecurity is the only security.” ~John Allen Paulos
    Quote Originally Posted by Arredoval View Post
    ...Actually, here's a couple questions not asked yet:
    Did anyone who recently get 816'd...
    -Use any of HardLight's mods?
    -Use the item translation patch?
    Thanks Severed. Uncertainty is a bch.

And I just use the mod tool just to skip the intro sequence quickly for client farming and I haven't used the Item Translation in quite a while. :/
    Last edited by Asuka~; Oct 11, 2015 at 07:43 PM.

IMO, for AC, I'd just invest in a cheap but decent android device and buy through es, but really, as long as you remember "one WM code to one account", anyone using WM should be fine.

In my experience, there has only been a few confirmed reasons for a ban, perma or otherwise:

• sharing WM codes across accounts
    • rapid changing of IP location and MAC address (switching from VPN to no VPN too rapidly)
    • RMT activities
    • Cheating and exploiting (and being in the vicinity of a someone doing so long enough)

... so unless those redditors reveal more details of their situation, there's no need to be paranoid of a random ban. In any case, given the nature of Free to Play, you kinda have to go in with the knowledge that the game company doesn't value individual players at all, even whales, and be prepared to lose everything at a moment's notice. I doubt it's the mods personally, unless we start hearing about mass EN community bannings...

@Arredoval: I actually think that sounds fine. You aren't buying a single WM code and splitting the proceeds, just using one account to pay. But if you really don't feel comfortable doing that anymore, why not set them up with es and Google Play? On putting up expensive monomates on the MyShop, personally, I'd change that to cheap 7-9* weapons or stuff you get from the FUN scratch. Less conspicuous.

@Searaphim: That's what I thought too, until I found out too late that WM code sharing was forbidden. Seriously, trace back everything that might be an issue, even if you don't think that might be an issue. Maybe your friend was using some trainer that got flagged by GG - did he get banned as well? Did you guys exchange meseta rapidly via MyShop monomates? In the meantime, keep emailing Sega until you get some response and/or start rebuilding a new account in case you don't get the old one back.

I don't know if buying overpriced monomates can trigger the ban, since like i done it in the past to transfer meseta from my old account to the new one, and haven't get into the trouble at all.
    I think the most likely things that trigger the ban are that
    >logged in with different IP/MAC multiple time in short period
    >sharing codes (WebMoney codes for example)
    >your account has received multiple report form for any reason (RMT/cheating, or even harassment)

Also you can get banned for using mod (nude, or other certain "patches") but it'll probably too hard to prove, so it's more less likely to happen.
    Last edited by wefwq; Oct 11, 2015 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal_Shard View Post
    [*]rapid changing of IP location and MAC address (switching from VPN to no VPN too rapidly)
    Hmm, so if you have 2 internet connections and switch to either one, you have a chance to get banned because of 2 different IP addresses?

Also, I found a site that has some useful tips and preventing code 816:
    https://translate.google.com/transla...49&prev=search

It's in Chinese, so I had to put it Google Translate.

Quote Originally Posted by xBM View Post
    Hmm, so if you have 2 internet connections and switch to either one, you have a chance to get banned because of 2 different IP addresses?

Also, I found a site that has some useful tips and preventing code 816:
    https://translate.google.com/transla...49&prev=search

It's in Chinese, so I had to put it Google Translate.
    Might be better to just copy pasta the translations and post here...

About multiple IP addresses, that alone shouldn't cause any issues, since dynamic IP ranges are to be expected. What's important is the location that the IP address has been assigned to. You get different IP address ranges if you're in Canada vs Japan, so the danger is when your address rapidly changes between the two or more.

For example, you've been able to connect to PSO2 without issue, but suddenly DDoS happens. You quickly switch to a VPN like Softether, but although it works, you have lag, latency, etc. You shop around different Softether locations or even other VPN services. In the meantime, your connection repairs itself, so you shut down the VPN and continue on as normal.

To Sega, your location rapidly changed from your home country's IP to maybe Korea, Taiwan, Japan and then back to your first IP address within the space of a a few hours. To an automated scan tool, that looks like a hacked account, and they quickly 816 your account as a result. After that, it's anyone's guess if Sega will reply to you, because, even if you weren't hacked, you clearly appeared to be using something like a VPN, which is technically illegal.

Sega won't care what your reasons are or how much you've spent since it's much cheaper to keep your money, ignore your issue, and hope that you just start a new account and continue spending money. And if you don't, well, they get new sign ups easily anyway, so no loss.

Has Sega updated their ToS in the past year or so?

I haven't kept with it and I know I'm beating a dead horse in this regard, previously it was labeled in there that it was forbidden to play the game outside of Japan regardless or not you're a Japanese citizen.

Aside from that, it could be anything Crystal_Shard mentioned. I also recall hearing about cases in which having certain background programs running could raise flags on GG or Sega and have bans in place because of it.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Quote Originally Posted by wefwq View Post
    I don't know if buying overpriced monomates can trigger the ban, since like i done it in the past to transfer meseta from my old account to the new one, and haven't get into the trouble at all.
    It might depend on the actual amount. Buying a monomate maybe 1-10m range might not get noticed. Buying a monomate in the 50m+ range could seem suspicious activity, that's why it's best to use random high slot weapon/armor. I've bought and sold many random fodders in the 30+ range for affixing so I'm confident those don't get attention so..

As far as other things as mentioned, it might be a random JP player reporting you for inappropriate behavior being just speaking english in public or spamming lewd SA things who knows. Your best chance on getting you ban lifted is having a JP friend to speak on your behave as if it's their account in question.
    Jack - Ship 2 - Killer Panda