Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Falco View Post
    while the te/bo has me going wat the te/ra is the ultimate pure support class shifta strike and wb
    Te/Bo has really good support potential for dumb MPAs with Zondeel + Zanverse due to Territory Burst, Moment Gale and Wind Mastery. Nothing is better at keeping bursts going. And you've got all the usual support goodies like Shifta Strike, Critical Field, Deband Cut, Reverse Bonus etc. No WB access like Te/Ra but let's be fair, you're 100x more likely to have multiple WB users in the MPA than even a single Force/Techer that'll actually use Zondeel.

I mean sure, damage output is lame unless you're abusing Moment Gale all the time but any pure support build is always going to be bad in that respect. It has a use in EQs and AQs with randoms, but not really anywhere else.

With a community as small as ours given a western release still isn't forthcoming there really isn't room to pick and chose who comes and who doesn't. you risk those you do turn away thinking the community is toxic and would drive further players away from the game.

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Falcon View Post
    Te/Bo has really good support potential for dumb MPAs with Zondeel + Zanverse due to Territory Burst, Moment Gale and Wind Mastery. Nothing is better at keeping bursts going. And you've got all the usual support goodies like Shifta Strike, Critical Field, Deband Cut, Reverse Bonus etc. No WB access like Te/Ra but let's be fair, you're 100x more likely to have multiple WB users in the MPA than even a single Force/Techer that'll actually use Zondeel.

I mean sure, damage output is lame unless you're abusing Moment Gale all the time but any pure support build is always going to be bad in that respect. It has a use in EQs and AQs with randoms, but not really anywhere else.
    Don't forget to use Life-steal JB for pure laziness (like I did) ...... combined with HealShare, damage done by Zanverse will also give you back some HP or overfill your HP (while face tanking the mobs), and share it around. 100% mindless MomentGale with some downtime for StrikeGust (buff purpose), GranWave (buff purpose), and activating fields

Granted if the players are too spread out, it's not good o-o
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

It's kind of lame since there's usually 2 types of baddies. The one that doesn't know or really understand things about the game. Guy invaded my tacos, he admitted he wasn't sure what to really do with all his SP or what was a good investment. So i helped him out.

But then there's idiots who THINK they know what they're doing but really don't. Aka the dumbasses that joined my Magatsu run as FO/RA and stayed on turrets the entire fight shooting its butt while claiming "my ranger means i'm good with turrets" These are the ones you kick cause there ain't no getting through to them.

^Agreed. Ones that don't know something but want to improve and don't mind criticism, is fine.

Then, there's the type that OP had described and what Tankotron said.
    (Kazuki, RA or BR/HU, Human♂) (Yusei, FO/TE or FI, Newman♂)(Zane, TE or BR/HU, Deuman♂)
    Ship: 2-Ur

Are you the sickest dude? Lumpen Thingy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KiroMatic View Post
    I haven't played any Phantasy Star game in years but I visit the forums here and there to see what's up.

I honestly feel like everyone cares way to much about all of this. If I seriously HAVE to run certain builds to play with you then it's completely pointless for me to play the game. I want to have fun MY way and as far as I know the game is designed to be playable under any circumstance so I don't see the big deal about people playing how they like.

If I have to go through this run or that run to get certain items then I will do it whether I have a crappy build or not. Maybe I'm just to inexperienced to understand or something? Cause this is seriously not making any sense.
    So you think its ok at this point to run super hard mode(not end game) and have retards with stupid gear (that you can npc) to drag the party down in something as EASY as a time attack? People can do all kinds of stupid builds but if someone is still struggling in super hard at this point they should pretty much quit the game.

I haven't played any Phantasy Star game in years but I visit the forums here and there to see what's up.

I honestly feel like everyone cares way to much about all of this. If I seriously HAVE to run certain builds to play with you then it's completely pointless for me to play the game. I want to have fun MY way and as far as I know the game is designed to be playable under any circumstance so I don't see the big deal about people playing how they like.

If I have to go through this run or that run to get certain items then I will do it whether I have a crappy build or not. Maybe I'm just to inexperienced to understand or something? Cause this is seriously not making any sense.
    Because it's also an issue on how much weight everyone pulls. Ideally, you want everyone to be pulling your weight. Yes, I understand sometimes you have bad days and you just die over and over again. Yes, maybe your equipment isn't up to snuff, and your party members just have more time/have more luck. Okay. But intentionally doing shitty combinations because you can? lolno. I don't see why three members of the party, or 11 other people in the MPA have to deal with your shit because "I find it more fun."

In the case of TACOs, when some segments are dependent on killing something (pretty much NAB 1/2), I wouldn't want to be waiting forever while one guy, obviously gimping himself, take 15 minutes clearing one part.

This is even stressed in EQs since you'd want to get as many runs as possible. More runs= more rewards. More rewards = more money for costumes and strengthening your equipment.

I get that people want a challenge, and you want to do a lot of things and it's fun. But please do it on your own or with your own friends, and not hinder the 3 or 11 other people with you.

What the fuck is wrong with you guys. These people have LIVES. They can't be expected to gear themselves adequately, much less use good class combinations to kill stuff. Look up info on PSOW or Reddit? Blasphemy, they have so little time in their day while playing vidya gaems to find out on such things unlike you basement dwelling losers because their daily lives prevent them from spending 5 minutes to look up what they need to know. Why would any of you expect SO much of them??? Unreasonable. Let them use ungrinded random Luxe units and Lambaddie weapons as a Guard Stance Fo/Hu, it'll do good enough!!!

Tryhards. #playhowIwants

No, YOU care too little. Maybe you haven't realized for some weird reason, but the game is revolved around doing things fast, evident with EQs, CM, and TAs. You can have fun running with weapons you like, all of them are good in one way or another, but don't intentionally gimp yourself using class combos that have no business being with each other. If you want to run around with a shitty class combination, fine. Do as you wish. But only on your own time, by yourself, or with any other people that share your mindset. Don't go slowing down the other 8-11 people in the MPA who actually give a shit about their rewards. It's not fair to them.
    Last edited by Shadowstarkirby; Oct 17, 2015 at 11:40 AM.
    Spoiler!

[Ship 02]
    ID: Shadowstarkirby
    Character: Dial
    Classes: Hr, Fi/Hu, Hu/Fi, Br/Hu, Bo/Hu, Ra/Hu, Gu/Hu, Te/Fi, Su/Fi, Fo/Te

You don't have to run a specific build. You just need to not play like crap in a group game, or plug your ears with the excuse of 'I play for fun' when people offer constructive criticism or advice to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan_F View Post
    With a community as small as ours given a western release still isn't forthcoming there really isn't room to pick and chose who comes and who doesn't. you risk those you do turn away thinking the community is toxic and would drive further players away from the game.
    1. There's plenty of room to pick and choose. I do tacos with japanese players if need be. They tend not to play like garbage, and you don't need to communicate in tacos when you do them long enough.

2. If those players think this community is 'toxic' for having a problem with people who willingly play like crap, and hide behind the 'I play how I want' excuse, I don't care if they play the game or not (hell, I encourage them to not play the game to tank the quality of random MPAs even further with that BS).

Right now, the more english players I find in random MPAs for EQs like TD3, or magatsu, the worse run I'll have, and you defending that mentality doesn't make it any better. As much as I never want to make a blanket statement like that, it's freaking true. If you're trying to fault people like me for something, I promise you I have nothing to be guilty about. Stop trying to guilt trip players who get stuck in 10min+ magatsu runs, or terrible tower defense runs full of the terribad english players you're trying to defend. When we're not running with our teams/circles of friends, most of us would rather be in MPAs full of japanese players who are far more likely to know what they're doing.
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Oct 17, 2015 at 11:48 AM.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

I really feel bad for the people who "play how they want for fun" if they are like that in real life, they can't be doing well