View Poll Results: How often do you use Extra Storage (this does not include Premium)

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • All the time

17 14.29%
  • Somewhat often

11 9.24%
  • Rarely

14 11.76%
  • Never

77 64.71%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Extra Storage Usage Poll

So I'm legitimately curious. How many people currently use extra storage in any way? I've known a lot of people to use it for an occasional dump for their normal storages as well as a number who use them regularly to store EQ drops etc. While this can't ever be said to be representative of the JP population as a whole, among us how many actually use it?

I don't personally use it, but I know multiple peole with over like 2500 items of storage.

Character ID: Ayzo
    Ayzo - 75FO/75TE/75BR/75HU/75BO/75FI/75RA/75GU

I never use it but I acknowledge it makes a lot of sense to buy it in February to hoard Love Fever, then start selling about half a year later.

What most irks me is how the "All Storage" tab will no longer show Extra Storage boxes as well, with this update. I really hope they somehow fix these issues before the change gets implemented.

EDIT: I just realized that this is another thread and not the other thread about the upcoming character storage change. LOL
    Last edited by Perfect Chaos; Oct 21, 2015 at 07:24 PM.
    Ship 02 | ID: Perfect Chaos
    Characters
    Zelda (Newman ALL @ 100) | Sheik (Newman Et/Bo/Fi/Ph/Te @ 100) | Samus (Cast Gu/Fi/Ra @ 100)
    Ganondorf (Dewman Fi/Et/Hu @ 100) | Link (Newman Br/Et/Hu/Hr @ 100) | Deoxys (Cast Lu @ 100)
    Level 50 Technique Customization (max level) using Craft Tech Maker 4. Feel free to message me in game to request any recipe(s).

Irregularities ahead!!! Shinmarizu's Avatar

I use extra storage. I'm a fodder hoarder and an affix junkie. It's a terrible habit.

The upcoming changes to accessing Extra Storage therefore upset me.

All this for another 300 or so storage which I will likely fill up rather quickly.

PSO2: Lorilae / Durandal / Rook (Ship 2)
    PSO2 ID: nimbusalexander

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Chaos View Post
    What most irks me is how the "All Storage" tab will no longer show Extra Storage boxes as well, with this update. I really hope they somehow fix these issues before the change gets implemented.

EDIT: I just realized that this is another thread and not the other thread about the upcoming character storage change. LOL
    I made this thread since I thought it might be informative to have a poll. I have a theory that the removal of the extra storages from the menus might be to make room for selection of individual character storages from *any* character. Its really hard to say though one way or the other. I'm wondering if some light could be shed on that through this possibly.

Irregularities ahead!!! Shinmarizu's Avatar

If that were the case, that would be neat... But that doesn't explain why new functionality has to screw with existing functionality.

But my understanding is that in the future, one character uses the storage terminal to deposit and withdraw from:
    Basic - 50 (increase to 100 with AC purchases)
    Temporary - 30
    Character - 300 (increase with AC)
    Premium - 400 (raised from 300 currently)
    EX 1 - 500
    EX 2 - 500
    EX 3 - 500
    EX 4 - 500
    EX 5 - 500
    OTP - 200

At any other time (such as in field/EQ), that character can only deposit into via item menu:
    Premium - 400 (raised from 300 currently)

But when you jump ships, you can bring:

I hope I have this right, so I can avoid confusion in any further discussion.
    Last edited by Shinmarizu; Oct 21, 2015 at 08:06 PM. Reason: edited for clarity

PSO2: Lorilae / Durandal / Rook (Ship 2)
    PSO2 ID: nimbusalexander

I currently use the OTP storage for character equipment (weapons, armor, costumes). Will be useful putting them in storage as I don't typically share them cross-char

Currently I use:

Normal Storage - Junk and untekked items, discs
    Premium Storage - Same as above.
    Extra Storage 1 - All my gear, AQ/XQ stones, excubes, grinders, locked costumes and weapon camos, anything that I will not sell or that I continually get more of. My "keeping" items.

While questing and I run out of inventory space, I just select all and deposit into normal then prem. Sell all to the terminal/visiphone when I get out. Basically I can sell the junk and desynth everything and get back to 0/200 + 0/300.

With this change I probably won't need to use the extra storage 1 anymore. I'll just go:

Normal - Junk/discs
    Character - More junk/discs, clear out before logging out of the character.
    Premium - What I used to keep in extra 1 storage.

It's not that the extra storage "nerf" bothers me in particular, since I don't sell from that storage, ever. It's just that I only need about two storages to hold my unimportant crap so I'm not 200/200 before a Magatsu if I forget.

I typically just have my sub-classing gear, boosters, common purple items, and some of the currency items in my normal storage. I have more than 300 costume/parts/camos, so that more than filled my premium, plus I started to hoard tickets and room goods on top of sellable fodders, so I needed to get extra storage. It looks like I'm going to have to transfer my items around now to be able to sell stuff (my Caseal is going to have all her parts in her personal storage, so that should save about thirty or forty slots, but I'm probably going to move the rest my cosmetic items to extra storage to free up my premium storage).
    Last edited by Anduril; Oct 21, 2015 at 10:11 PM.