Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

OP: Add me on PSO2: gamesbloke - We'll work it out, quest etc... Incidentally I am Ship 02.

Play a bit, ask your questions in the Quick Questions thread, then play a bit more. Making mistakes in PSO2 is still fun. Don't read 'THE BEST BUILDS' type threads because it will wreck your fun.

Percentage-wise you'll get shot down in flames approximately 35/40% in questions thread, lol. A shoot down is defined as a link to Cirnopedia or 'play the game' response. And Google is an acquaintance not a friend.

First 8/10 hours of your PSO2 experience will be flapping around, soloing and clumsily stumbling into orders and quests. It's a wall of content. Soloing will ground you and allow you to work out your journey.

I am super lucky because I found some cool dudes who are pro or near-pro but decent to chat with and above all, forgiving which is important when your finding your journey.

OP: Add me and we shall see if your experience improves.

Builds are kinda annoying in PSO2 because you have to use real money or wait for reset passes to mess around with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamemako View Post
    This attitude is not so prevalent on Ship 10, which is mostly Japanese players. My last Luther run on SH involved reviving a dozen people, doing all the buffs and Zanverse, using immunity and breaking 2 timestop swords myself to save most of the team (one guy died anyway), and generally being the only person knowing what the hell to even do-- on the fourth difficulty level.

This attitude pops up everywhere in my experience. Depending on where your game servers are located, it may be Americans, Brazilians, or Taiwanese all forming their little cabals on one server or other.
    Yeah. I mean, there are still asshole rude Japanese players. They just generally seem more worldly/considerate than people elsewhere.
    Humans are still humans.

I'm also speaking from past experience in hanging out with EN communities on JP games and having to explain to so many people why it's better to not be loud and rude.
    I remember when Brazilians and Thailanders invaded and destroyed various online games I used to play, sometimes getting us all IP banned.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Oct 25, 2015 at 06:07 PM.

This attitude is not so prevalent on Ship 10, which is mostly Japanese players. My last Luther run on SH involved reviving a dozen people, doing all the buffs and Zanverse, using immunity and breaking 2 timestop swords myself to save most of the team (one guy died anyway), and generally being the only person knowing what the hell to even do-- on the fourth difficulty level.

This attitude pops up everywhere in my experience. Depending on where your game servers are located, it may be Americans, Brazilians, or Taiwanese all forming their little cabals on one server or other.
    the attitude of a player that plays BoBr and expects anyone to believe they're carrying an mpa with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    I've seen rebirth systems done fine before... in games meant for it from the start, like Mabinogi. I can't think of how a rebirth system could work well in PSO2.
    phantasy star portable 2 infinity had a rebirth system and it was fine. the problem is the leveling experience in this game is terrible. infinity had magashi plan quest that gave like 300% exp so leveling was too bad. pso 2 is basically just afk until a decent EQ comes. at this point just bring on psu 2.

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

Well, to be fair, MPAs can be such a mess that it's honestly difficult to tell if I'm actually contributing significantly or not.

The two things I've noticed clearly making a difference are Weak Bullet and Chain Trigger.
    If I get off a ton of huge Chain Finishes, Magatsu dies super fast. Faces break super fast.
    When I first organized Magatsu runs, I made the mistake of assigning a Chain Trigger user to WB main.
    I felt that cost us a lot of DPS, so since then I try to keep as many people freely doing Chains as possible.
    I also try to group them with the main WBer so they can help ensure Chain Finish does maximum damage.

Anyway, that's going off-topic.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Oct 25, 2015 at 07:55 PM.

I'm still waiting for people to edit the class guides so on the first page all the info is UP TO DATE so that people dont have to dig through pages of info about their class (unless this has changed) so their post in their thread ends up becoming "is so&so okay with so&so?" "is okay to do this with this?" or something.

Just general ease, rather not dig through pages for certain things but on the other hand, I read JP comments more than anything else for info but would help the others out more

Character builds:
    This is roughly what I'm currently using for all classes.
    Feel free to switch out points where you're absolutely certain you won't be using them (ie. Sword Gear if you never use Sword).

Note that the simulator is outdated in a few places (ie. number of points required for Braver).
    Just try to max out stuff that looks like it's maxed out.

With Techer Wand Melee and Braver Katana:
    http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/sk...AfaKdoIb00000f

Techer caster subclass (might be incorrect, as I haven't looked at my casters' trees in a long while) and Braver Bow:
    http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/sk...AfaKdoIb00000f

If you want to use other Tech elements, just move the points to another element. Bam, done.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    Yeah. I mean, there are still asshole rude Japanese players. They just generally seem more worldly/considerate than people elsewhere.
    Humans are still humans.
    I can't understand them anyway. I'm just comparing apparent attitudes toward preparedness among people who don't feel the need to shape up to impress their hosts. There may be more cultural tendencies toward inclusiveness, but I believe those are mostly reflected in game design rather than player behavior. No matter their origin, most people don't join with intent to ruin the game for everyone else, and trolls are not exclusive to any culture.

I'm also speaking from past experience in hanging out with EN communities on JP games and having to explain to so many people why it's better to not be loud and rude.
    I remember when Brazilians and Thailanders invaded and destroyed various online games I used to play, sometimes getting us all IP banned.
    I just haven't found a difference between nationalities, though I admittedly have not seen JP communities in games outside their region. I've seen bellyaching within German-speaking communities about German players acting the same way.

Brazilians have a terrible rep in English-speaking communities about being lazy and not knowing what they're doing -- even if most of them are pretty good guys doing their best to succeed. In ArcheAge, the endgame guild vs. guild was all about capturing castles. When the Brazilians moved into the Salphira server, the (mostly) Brazilian alliance captured 4/4 castles and held them for months. The first castle to fall was the one castle formerly of the BR alliance which was held by a non-Brazilian guild. One of the guilds had a rule forbidding the use of Portugese in global chat, kicking players who disobeyed. Yet, that did nothing to change attitudes toward BRs. They're still lazy oi br huehue to the English-speaking community.

Note that the simulator is outdated in a few places (ie. number of points required for Braver).
    Just try to max out stuff that looks like it's maxed out.
    Your URL is outdated.

http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/

(It's still missing the Oct 14th changes, though.)
    Last edited by Gamemako; Oct 26, 2015 at 12:23 PM.

Brazilians have a terrible rep in English-speaking communities about being lazy and not knowing what they're doing
    I'm pretty sure the BR stereotype is that they only play free online games they can get into easily and cheat as much as they can for their own benefit/entertainment. Your example doesn't exactly help against that stereotype.

Quote Originally Posted by kurokyosuke View Post
    I'm pretty sure the BR stereotype is...
    In that sense, it's pretty much anything as long as it serves to denigrate an outgroup. Having few of them speak feeds outgroup homogeneity and makes them all lazy, stupid, cheating, abusive huehues; having many of them speak makes them disrespectful huehues. The reason that sort of stereotype is so hard to break is that the issue arises from the standard human biases and not any sort of assailable logic.

//EDIT: That might have come off a bit more accusatory than intended. What I'm trying to say is that it's a matter of emotional responses particularly as they relate to group dynamics, and the ideas are necessarily nebulous as a result.

//EDIT 2: It's also getting fairly tangential at this point to the main thread, which is about choosing skill builds and not just player attitudes toward one another. MMO players generally are really lazy with their thinking, so if you're not playing cookie-cutter builds with easily-recognizable items, they don't want to use any mental assets (whether they have those assets to spare or not) to consider the nonstandard equipment. They just assume it's the worst thing ever and will cause the entire group to instantly implode. If you want to make life easy for yourself, just play cookie-cutter to get the busybodies off your case.
    Last edited by Gamemako; Oct 26, 2015 at 05:51 PM.