Thread: PSO2 Crashes

Default PSO2 Crashes

"Yay new update! Let me update pSO2 and try out the new EQ!"

ahahaha how foolish

so basically

updated pso2, launched with tweaker through steam, game crashes at ToS screen.

reload tweaker through steam, turn of item translation (tee hee), retry, crash at ship select.

reload tweaker through steam, retry, crash at password entry.

something's up.

disable windows defender because i recently reenabled it.

reload tweaker, retry, crash at password entry.

do file check, 40 files missing. okay lets try this again. make it up to password entry and crash during "AUTHENTICATING USER ID"

retry file check, this time redownload 36 files. try again, crashes during authentification.

check deleted/empty files, crash during auth.

check gameguard errors, something is locking up a GG file. reboot computer.

try again, crash during auth.

check for pso2 update, retry, crash at auth.

load tweaker WITHOUT steam, crash at auth.

uinstall english patches, I made it TO the character select screen right before it crashes.

repeat same result.

I am using a PERSONAL PSO2Proxy (i.e. not cyber kitsunes) but i have teammates using my proxy and they're playing just fine, so it's safe to assume that it's not my proxy causing the crashing (hopefully.)

NOT SURE WHY but fuck me and my desire to play i guess.

uncheck itempatch, it worked w me

I got the same issue, haven't played in weeks until i heard about the Fairy tail scratch

Ship 2 IGN's: DRIG Hu,Br,Fi. Drig Gu,Ra/Hu

This about sums up my experience for the past week. Fresh install and everything.

I initially experienced recurring NP1013 errors (GG error related to conflicting software). I made sure all other programs and unnecessary services were disabled, drivers updated, etc - still got NP 1013.

Reinstalling got rid of the NP 1013, but now the pso2.exe just crashes every time I log in. I've tried running vanilla, going through all the tweaker troubleshooting options, but it still crashes. I guess it's time for a Windows reinstall; I don't know what else to do :/

--edit-- Well, I'm an idiot. Didn't realize there was a separate option to toggle the item translation patch. Disabling it fixed the exe crash, but now I'm back to NP 1013! No firewall or antivirus running, and I haven't installed new software to my knowledge.
    Last edited by moya; Oct 28, 2015 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr3chi View Post
    uncheck itempatch, it worked w me
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    reload tweaker through steam, turn of item translation (tee hee), retry, crash at ship select.
    >_>

Quote Originally Posted by moya View Post
    This about sums up my experience for the past week. Fresh install and everything.

I initially experienced recurring NP1013 errors (GG error related to conflicting software). I made sure all other programs and unnecessary services were disabled, drivers updated, etc - still got NP 1013.

Reinstalling got rid of the NP 1013, but now the pso2.exe just crashes every time I log in. I've tried running vanilla, going through all the tweaker troubleshooting options, but it still crashes. I guess it's time for a Windows reinstall; I don't know what else to do :/

--edit-- Well, I'm an idiot. Didn't realize there was a separate option to toggle the item translation patch. Disabling it fixed the exe crash, but now I'm back to NP 1013! No firewall or antivirus running, and I haven't installed new software to my knowledge.
    had no NP1013 errors. Everything was fine until this update.

Anyone have any idea how to fix NP1014?