Page 77 of 273 FirstFirst ... 27677475767778798087127177 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    The pet doesn't get the extra stats, but your own stats affect the pet so you should take it.
    I wonder if this applies to anything else (defense).

So I'm taking it as likely that pets gain nothing from any defensive skills at all? This includes: Armor stats (seemed to hold true when I tried it), affixes (both stats and resists), flash/tech guard (confirmed if swiki is right), guard stance, massive hunter, Mag (why would you anyway) and stat ups? Still a few unknowns, irritatingly.

Mostly curiousity, not a build suggestion.
    Last edited by Raujinn; Feb 5, 2016 at 04:09 PM.

The pet does take advantage from unit affixes, even souls, read the Q&A in the other thread

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    Q. Do mags and units affect pets?
    Yes. Pet damage is influenced as such: "Player's base stats + Mag + unit set bonus + affixes (OP) + drink effects".
    This say "Player's base stats" that's why i asked about the skill High All Atk Up, because that's a passive in the skill tree :X
    Last edited by Arzon; Feb 5, 2016 at 10:00 PM.

Only attack stats (maybe Dex too? Dunno). Defense and HP are unaffected as far as I know. So yeah go ahead and take Attack Up and High Up heh, you'll benefit from that.

It says "pet damage", not "pet defense".
    I'd assume Dex/Abi is also considered an attack stat.

Which personalities and elements are the best to use for each of the 3 pets? Also can personalities be changed at all? I know elements can but I'm not sure about personalities. Looking to replace all my current pets with better ones.

Enforcer of Evil™

Personalities can be changed by going to the rarity upgrade menu. Pets of the same or superior rarity can be used, you choose the personality between the pet/egg available.
    PSO2 Ship 2 : オゲラウン ("ogeraun"), caseal HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO/SU75. Have a good time.
    Also, team leader of exceRPt, the semi-RP team.

My final verdict?
    If the pets were some kind of combat mag instead of a SUGOI KAWAII DESU KA NEEEEEE animal, Summoner would immediately be 100 times better.
    I seem to recall them wanting to make outfits that are more "PSO2-Like" due to a lot of feedback on there not being enough PSO2-like outfits, so making an entire class based around a Not PSO2-Like pet makes no sense.

Heck, they could have done so much more. Ever noticed how your Mag vanishes when you have a pet out? This was a great opportunity to give you a new Photon Blast depending on what pet you have active and it outright transforms the pet into the Photon Beast for a few seconds, either giving you control of the Photon Blast or automatically using an upgraded version of one of their attacks. They even have a Skill for increasing Photon Blast damage.

All this along with the pretty piss poor AI of the pets makes Su seem like an afterthought, designed pretty late into Episode 4's development because "we need a new class".

It still works as a class, just doesn't feel quite right in PSO2.

If i am giving a cookie to boost atk on my pet which stat would help its dmg? i get switch strikes grabs and swaps the masters atk but what about the pet? what part of the equation does it's atk value affect and which one?? just curious on how it works on that end tho not sure itll matter in the long run?

Use cookies that raise the stat to which you are switching.
    PSO2JP Ship 2 - ID: BlakLanner
    Main Character: Aenaenon (Techer of inconsistent ability)