Page 76 of 273 FirstFirst ... 26667374757677787986126176 ... LastLast

please tell me more about your credentials

top lel m8

also, about shifta on players, isn't there snapshotting of stats for pets the moment you enter an area/switch pets? i mean, drink affects the pet clearly so why wouldn't shifta cast affect
    Last edited by jooozek; Feb 5, 2016 at 10:40 AM.
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Am I now? Torim Stab does slightly less than half the damage of Torim Slash and you can indeed get 3 off before one completely finishes. 49% x 3 > 100% or 120%, it's really that simple. You may check the PA values yourself and the damage in-game.

It's great that there are plenty of times to boost your damage beforehand, then. You can do so for pretty much any boss out there. Torim is always capable of attacking even if it's just normal attacks for regenerating PP, which does a fair amount with /Br. The few times when Torim is not attacking is to switch to another palette to help both you and Torim survive an attack. Torim can also dodge attacks with Torim Stab, and may be used as a start-up PA to reach your targeted attacking point.

By the way, I stated high DPS and not sustained damage. Those are 2 entirely separate things, don't mix things up now. I've got nothing to prove to you either, and you're certainly not great for judging DPS. If I were talking about sustained damage, though, that is where Torim Slash greatly beats Torim Stab in prolonged fights.

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    top lel m8

also, about shifta on players, isn't there snapshotting of stats for pets the moment you enter an area/switch pets? i mean, drink affects the pet clearly so why wouldn't shifta cast affect
    Probably some sort of wonky coding.

Fi's Slayer skills didn't have any effect last I check too.

By the way, I stated high DPS and not sustained damage.
    The word you're looking for is "burst." In that, I agree with you. Sorry for getting worked up over it.

It just seems like there are some things that transfer their ATK to the pet and some that don't:

Works:
    -Skills (I believe so?)
    -Mag
    -Unit Affixes
    -Shifta Drink
    -Food (thanks Bellion)

Doesn't work:
    -Weapon (would be unfair for satk/ratk SU, their 3 weapons only give tatk)
    -Shifta (avoids double dipping on pet when you buff pet and yourself)
    -Slayer skills
    Last edited by Crevox; Feb 5, 2016 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellion View Post
    Start spamming Torim stab more as it has i-frames
    At what point of the PA do these frames begin? I was spamming it on Dragon Ex and it didn't avoid any attack except the ones where Torim Stab put Torim behind him for his front slashes.

I checked Swiki + the comments there and nothing seems to mention i-frames.

Burst is definitely the term I should've used straight from the beginning. I apologize if I came off quite unpleasant.
    I can confirm that items such as Fruit Tarts(+30 T-atk) do contribute to your pet's damage.

As for the i-frames, I would use the attack just before my Torim gets hit and it wouldn't take damage on many occasions almost like timing a step. If there's no mention on Swiki at all then it may just be coincidental bs on my part.
    Last edited by Bellion; Feb 5, 2016 at 11:40 AM.

I think people just confuse Photon Barrier triggering for on-demand i-frames. I had Torim OHKO'd so many times during Stab, I think at this point it had happened at every frame of the PA.

EDIT: Though I'll try to test it more thoroughly, because, now thinking about it, those were lv.~40 Torims on my lv. 55 Summoner charging into 70-something SHAQ bosses and dying in one hit. Still, it looked like Stab's defensive ability came from Torim charging through the enemy and out of harm's way.
    Last edited by Sp-24; Feb 5, 2016 at 12:09 PM.

If i'll take All atk high up from summoner skill tree, will the pet take the bonus too?

The pet doesn't get the extra stats, but your own stats affect the pet so you should take it.