Page 204 of 273 FirstFirst ... 104154194201202203204205206207214254 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 2726

Found it.

DISCLAIMER: THIS REVIEW WAS WRITTEN ON 4/29/16, AND COVERS 10* RAPPY ONLY. TAKE WITH A GRAIN OF SALT.

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    So, after using the Rappy for about two hours, I think I have some sufficient data about how it works. I thought it'd be productive to dump everything I know into a guide about Summoners, so here ya go.

Rappy

How to acquire: Deluxe Package ($60~$70)

What's it like?: You know how Wanda is the "mobbing" pet, Trim is the "bossing" pet, and Sari is the "support" pet? Well, Rappy does all of those. He's effectively the "jack of all trades" pet that handles everything pretty well, but isn't too overpowered or anything (*cough*Maron*cough*).

Stats: Low. Like, really low. But you knew that already. HP caps out at low 1400~, ATK caps out at low to mid 600~, not counting bonus stats. DEF is fair; compare to a Maron.

Personality: Super-Early Wake Up -- Reduces Pet KO time for all Pets (and something about Rare Items).

Normal Attack: Two pecks, recovers about 10 PP total. Unlike other normal attacks, Rappy's normal attack doesn't flow into stronger attacks, you just get the two pecks.

Photon Arts:
    Rappy Melody: 20 PP, 763 Power at Lv. 17. Weak Resta effect with a weak DOT effect. Resta effect extends to both itself and all allied units, effectively making it the only Pet that can self-heal. DOT deals as much damage as a normal attack; worthless except for taking out low-grade trash.

Rappy Drop: 20 PP, 1530 Power at Lv. 17. Rappy quickly rises into the air then stomps the ground with an AOE effect. Essentially the Rappy version of Wanda/Maron Break, except it costs more and is slightly more potent. Quick execution means that it's very easily spammable as long as PP is left in the bucket. AOE range isn't half-bad as well, allowing you to take out groups within a Step and a half of Rappy.

Rappy Cannon: 15 PP, 1032 Power at Lv. 17. Rappy spawns Rappy Cannons that have a spawn delay, then launch Rappies out that fly towards enemies and explode on contact. Rappy's resident recall PA; using it just once will bring it back to you. As the projectile arcs like an actual rocket, close-range usage is effectively pointless. Damage is rather high, and holding the button will continuously spawn rockets. Will not be effective if anything is between the rocket and the target, since the rocket will explode on contact.

Rappy Sonic: 20 PP, 4401 Power at Lv. 17. Rappy pecks, and if the peck connects, Rappies converge on the point of contact at high speed and deal five hits of damage. Effectively the Rappy version of Trim Rush, except it's a lot less wieldy. The PA will eat your PP regardless of whether the initial peck connects or not, and once it does, the Rappy barrage will not track the target in question, rendering it ineffective against moving targets. However, it makes up for it in high potency, and is wonderfully useful when enemies aren't actively running away from you.

Rappy End: 40 PP, 7777 Power at Lv. 17. Rappy faces the intended target and begins to summon a large stack of Rappies upon itself. When the buttons is depressed, Rappy slams the stack down, dealing huge damage to anyone in direct contact with the tower. Think of it like Trim Spiral, except it's slightly cheaper, substantially faster, and significantly weaker. The effective range is also pretty large. Once charging starts, Rappy's position is locked in, meaning that you had better hope that what you're fighting isn't going to run away within the next second and a half. Damage is rather high as expected, and with a stunned target and enough PP in the pool, you can pull off three Rappy Ends in the time it takes to pull off Trim Shout + fully charged Trim Spiral.

How good is it?: 7/10. Good power and coverage, but PAs are rather slippery to control and stats are low. For a Pet, it's actually pretty balanced, as it's decent in everything, but doesn't excel in anything.
    One slight correction to the original post: Rappy Sonic tracks targets, but only if you press Attack while Rappy Sonic is being used.

TL;DR version: It's a jack of all trades Pet. Seriously. Its niche is having no niche. It doe a bunch of things, but it does them pretty damn well.
    Last edited by Altiea; Mar 19, 2017 at 01:45 AM.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

is viola pet worth using? new summoner here.

btw any updated su/fi build?

Quote Originally Posted by .razor. View Post
    is viola pet worth using? new summoner here.

btw any updated su/fi build?
    If Maron wasn't so OP all the pets would be worth using in at least some situations. I would say Viola is good in cases where a boss is stunned (so you have no more attacks to charge Marons), but it won't be stunned long enough for a full torim spiral. I guess it's also good for pulling the aggro of those ultimate mobs away from the crashed ship in winged border breaker.

Only difference is literally the two new skills. http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skill...4ObnHNfdx00006

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    If Maron wasn't so OP all the pets would be worth using in at least some situations. I would say Viola is good in cases where a boss is stunned (so you have no more attacks to charge Marons), but it won't be stunned long enough for a full torim spiral. I guess it's also good for pulling the aggro of those ultimate mobs away from the crashed ship in winged border breaker.

Only difference is literally the two new skills. http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skill...4ObnHNfdx00006
    thanks!

damn I need to deal with stances as a su/fi any su/br build?

thanks!

damn I need to deal with stances as a su/fi any su/br build?
    http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skill...4ObnHNfdx00006

What's the best rings for a su/br?

What's the best rings for a su/br?
    Auto target and perfect keeper tech are what I use.
    But it's situational really. If your not using 12-star units
    you may want to go with Air reversal and Massive hunter ring.

Quote Originally Posted by starwind75043 View Post
    Auto target and perfect keeper tech are what I use.
    But it's situational really. If your not using 12-star units
    you may want to go with Air reversal and Massive hunter ring.
    Wait, what does Air Reversal do for Summoner? In theory, Summoner shouldn't be close to enemies or enemy attacks.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Pretty close when using marron/melon. Can always use jump dodge ring, but instant recovery is nice for hiccups.