Page 219 of 273 FirstFirst ... 119169209216217218219220221222229269 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 2726

speaking of redran whats the best personality/use for it? i mean beyond being a mobbing pet

i almost finished levelling a hawkish one but seeing older posts about redran being decent in buster makes me wonder if i should convert it to rowdy before boxing. UNLESS the rowdy personality needs you to kill the enemies yourself? couldnt really make it out from the bad translation

better yet maybe its best to have 2 redrans? and box rowdy one for close range/luxury for buster and seasonal eqs and hawkish one for utility?

Quote Originally Posted by mr.chills View Post
    speaking of redran whats the best personality/use for it? i mean beyond being a mobbing pet

i almost finished levelling a hawkish one but seeing older posts about redran being decent in buster makes me wonder if i should convert it to rowdy before boxing. UNLESS the rowdy personality needs you to kill the enemies yourself? couldnt really make it out from the bad translation

better yet maybe its best to have 2 redrans? and box rowdy one for close range/luxury for buster and seasonal eqs and hawkish one for utility?
    I just have two. The Rowdy personality is REALLY strong in situations where you can make good use of it. It takes 25 kills to reach the max bonus, but only 6 for it to match Hawkish at its best.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Nov 5, 2017 at 09:33 PM.

i see, thanks for quick answer

so is there any reason/scenario to use hawkish over rowdy then that would warrant a whole diff pet?

also does rowdy power up count for any kill or just yours?

what personality should I aim for torim and aero?

so is there any reason/scenario to use hawkish over rowdy then that would warrant a whole diff pet?
    Boss EQs, or quests where you change pets often.

also does rowdy power up count for any kill or just yours?
    Only yours, but it snowballs very quickly in stuff like AQs and UQs. It might not be as practical in 12 person EQs that don't involve splitting up like the halloween one though.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Nov 5, 2017 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheIrregular View Post
    what personality should I aim for torim and aero?
    Diligent

any tips/tricks/strats for synchro pa rotations on bosses?

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

I use the slash and the punch to build up for geki. after the first geki I gotta try to remember to do punch > slash > punch > geki, I think that's higher dps. I keep using slash > punch > slash > geki because the button sequence flows better for me (I got punch and geki on the same button: punch on the front pallet, geki on the back pallet)

if I need to re-adjust his elevation I use the projectile to bring him back, then the next slash will have him go to the right altitude. also, if im fighting a miniboss or anything bindable, I like to use the projectile's bind property so I can cash in on Chase Advance Plus (su/fi)

I'm not good enough at synchro to properly use the spin-break attack, it has guard frames to keep your synchro safe from an enemy attack; and a long animation so you can re-position yourself or apply point assist without dropping the PA combo.

thanks! that was really informative!

probably gonna box it with my last megaton and blast i guess for as much generic boss damage as possible

i also see substitute roll being suggested for synchro(or almost everything but maron/melon really) but it seems like synchro's problem is damage output rather than pp usage so maybe 2 support rolls for extra 2% damage and 20% crit? could even go the crit route with megaton/deadly, support roll/crit stick but then you'd need to rely on te shifta crit field ring to close the crit gap. or maybe daredevil with 2xsubstitute could achieve a similar goal..

also its better to pop a maron before getting synchro out for that devoted bonus right?

i also see substitute roll being suggested for synchro(or almost everything but maron/melon really) but it seems like synchro's problem is damage output rather than pp usage so maybe 2 support rolls for extra 2% damage and 20% crit? could even go the crit route with megaton/deadly, support roll/crit stick but then you'd need to rely on te shifta crit field ring to close the crit gap. or maybe daredevil with 2xsubstitute could achieve a similar goal..
    Two substitute rolls, with a luxary parfait and the -pp cost personality can get you over 45% pp cost reduction, which is funny, but not something I'd do if you only plan on getting one Synchro.

Either one can be good though. If you're trying to maximize raw damage then I would say go with Support rolls. If you use synchro for extended periods of time I would say go with substitute rolls

also its better to pop a maron before getting synchro out for that devoted bonus right?
    Always.