Page 23 of 273 FirstFirst ... 13202122232425263373123 ... LastLast

I guess it's to compensate for no JA

I think batons have such high atk for PBs if they don't affect pet damage.

EDIT: Oh, and I dunno what level he had it up to but pet sympathy doubled resta on his pet in the live stream.

Also, you can still JA techs. Depending on what kind of multipliers the class gets Su/Fo might actually be a good tech combo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Selphea View Post

Su/Br
    Depends on what Banish can interact with. If a pet and a Bow can be out at the same time this could be great; if Summoner can stack Ilbarta with good multipliers while managing PP with pet attacks this should at least be passable.
    You apparently need a baton to use a pet, so that wouldn't work.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Jan 17, 2016 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    Pets with Fighter stances would work pretty much the same way as tech users would, I have no idea why you think it would be a hassle. Have you and your pet in front of the enemy with yourself being a distance away from it and you'll get the full damage bonus with no risk involved.
    Except it's very different. As you can even see in the trailer, pets got a lot of aggro and the user doesn't get much.
    Even in the trailer enemies easily faced away from the user to attack the pet. If you use techs, you are the only available target and thus get the aggro. Even if re-positioning is annoying on fofi, it's not needed as that often. But with your pet getting all the aggro, enemies will face towards you or away from you unpredictably when they re-position themselves or attack the pet.
    This will cost a lot of damage because there will be many cases you attack and are on the wrong side.

On the other hand if the pet counts it would be easier, but I don't think there will be much to re-position your pet for stances, especially not to react to ever moving enemies along the pet moving and attacking itself.

The point is that overall you lose damage. While you get high numbers and all, the low numbers from being on the wrong side of the stance mean your damage overall is gonna be lower than something reliable where you get full damage at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by Rehal View Post
    Also stream says Baton's ATK won't have any effect on your pet's performance?
    That would be bizarre cause you don't attack with it. Even Sega can't be this stupid, cause it would mean starting baton is perfect and there would be no time/money sink to get stronger ones.
    PBs aren't remotely enough of a reason to get a stronger one.

Quote Originally Posted by Megidolaon View Post
    That would be bizarre cause you don't attack with it. Even Sega can't be this stupid, cause it would mean starting baton is perfect and there would be no time/money sink to get stronger ones.
    PBs aren't remotely enough of a reason to get a stronger one.
    Well don't forget techs... and traps too I guess. Batons seem like they're for that stuff that doesn't require a specific weapon but is still influenced by your weapon damage.

Also don't forget latents.

Even Sega can't be this stupid
    you'd be surprised

Sorry the ignorance guys but.. what is this "baton" you all talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Arzon View Post
    Sorry the ignorance guys but.. what is this "baton" you all talking about?
    Summoner's weapon.

Except it's very different. As you can even see in the trailer, pets got a lot of aggro and the user doesn't get much.
    Yes, the pets get the aggro, that's why you position your pet so that they keep the target facing you (or facing away from you if that's what you want). It's barely any different.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Well don't forget techs... and traps too I guess. Batons seem like they're for that stuff that doesn't require a specific weapon but is still influenced by your weapon damage.

Also don't forget latents.
    Techs benefit from ja just like every other player attack. And force got skills for ja.

Ad for pet aggro, you won't be able to move your pet easily cause you mainly your player. So even if you could position the pet manually, it won't be that good. And probably you can just attack / pa / defend / dodge with it. Which means moving it so that the player or just itself is on the right side for fi stances will be super awkward and luck dependent cause it might you will need to rely on enemies doing it themselves or hoping that a pa will get you the right result.
    And if you need to use a pa it means you are wasting time and pp just to avoid doing damage whereas with anything reliable this pa would have done full damage already, so you just missed 100% damage in favor of getting 20-30% or whatever more damage with the next pa compared to choosing another subclass.

And this will happen all the time. As I mentioned many times, enemies frequently turn and void fi stances, a missed attack, some enemies even turn their back to you if you got full aggro, your own pa moving you onto the other side of the enemy, etc.

Last banther I fought ran away from me (solo) and when I got close he just showed me his ass and once I was finally in attack range started kicking me with his hind leg. So much for brave stance being the only thing you need outside specific eqs. And so much for aggro being really predictable and controlling aggro means automatically you will always face the correct side of the enemy.

Last banther I fought ran away from me (solo) and when I got close he just showed me his ass and once I was finally in attack range started kicking me with his hind leg. So much for brave stance being the only thing you need outside specific eqs. And so much for aggro being really predictable and controlling aggro means automatically you will always face the correct side of the enemy.
    You're supposed to be bamf and staggerlock the front of the Banther like you're playing Monster Hunter.
    Known as Niem on Ship 2.
    Spoiler!