Page 6 of 273 FirstFirst ... 34567891656106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Megidolaon View Post

PS: the green pet thing reminds me of a Carbuncle. Fits with Sega calling this Reborn Episode 4 in order to make people think about FFXIV.
    If only SEGA could make a proper concept for a pet class.

My biggest turnoff about how they advertised the summoner class is the fact the player character literally does nothing but bark orders (via conductor's baton) to the pet that does everything for the owner just like pokemon. Hell, look at where the camera is pointing! I need to try to find the player at times.

SCH and SMN in FF14 supplements the player character. Same deal with WoW's hunter and warlock classes. Summoner in blade and soul is more reliant on their pet to protect themselves, but the player character obviously has abilities of their own such as healing, and CC.

All of the above have to fight alongside, and work with the pet. The summoner trailer leaves me with the impression that the player character may as well not be there for any reason, unless it's for some contrived class lore reason.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

Yup, we need more dark and gritty pet. No cutesy animu ones please.
    Name: シナンジュ
    Ship: 2
    Main Class: HERO
    "IT'S OVER, PSO2. I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND!" -MHW to PSO2

I'm going to end up playing this class just to spite you guys.

Not like I have anything else to spend these 300+ 15k EXP tickets on.

Quote Originally Posted by CoWorker View Post
    Top left looks like commanding your pet to "commit harakiri".
    Now I'd really like to have Nyau as a pet!
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Nov 2, 2015 at 08:44 PM.

I wonder where techs will originate from if you cast them with a baton.

But at the very least i imagine Ilfoie should be easy to land while Pidgey distracts it. And maybe the pet can normal attack for PP while you cast Ilbarta? Unless your PP comes from baton smacks which would be eww.

Friends with Ragne-chan! Maenara's Avatar

AI scripts for pets list normal attacks as a function, so pets can do normal attacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    this is an absolutely disgusting post

reported.
    Maenara - Level 75 HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO

Quote Originally Posted by Great Pan View Post
    Yup, we need more dark and gritty pet. No cutesy animu ones please.
    Can we not play the game of extremes, please? There is such a thing as a middle ground. I would hardly call the default mags "dark and gritty," some of them are squarely in the "cute" department, but they fit in as a canonical part of PSO2. By all means, let there be cartoony SUUPAH KAWAII pet skins, but the defaults should look like they didn't come from another god damn game. Ideally, I'd have preferred something that looks a little more like a realistic animal and doesn't have big googly baby eyes.

On that note, since this is Japan and Japan is predictable, I'm actually thinking these pets will probably have some sort of evolution mechanic. Hopefully what we're seeing is just a stage one form, and the "adult" form will look less ridiculous.

I'd like to see pincer attack shenanigans. I'm sure Sega saw enough fighting/action games to implement it somewhere.
    We'll have to wait until December to see what it's really about.

In before each individual pet levels at 50% the rate of the player.

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    If only SEGA could make a proper concept for a pet class.

My biggest turnoff about how they advertised the summoner class is the fact the player character literally does nothing but bark orders (via conductor's baton) to the pet that does everything for the owner just like pokemon. Hell, look at where the camera is pointing! I need to try to find the player at times.

SCH and SMN in FF14 supplements the player character. Same deal with WoW's hunter and warlock classes. Summoner in blade and soul is more reliant on their pet to protect themselves, but the player character obviously has abilities of their own such as healing, and CC.

All of the above have to fight alongside, and work with the pet. The summoner trailer leaves me with the impression that the player character may as well not be there for any reason, unless it's for some contrived class lore reason.
    Yeah, like most of the game Sega thought up a new idea and didn't think any further than "hey this might look nice and get people to play again".
    Cutesy or not, the pets would need to be like combined perma-PBs in order to stand up to other classes even slightly if the summoner can't do much.
    Oh and I think the pas might very well be usable when you're pet isn't out cause it could totally have a cd. Might also all 3 pets share the same cd but you still gotta spend sp on each pet individually (Sega won't possible pass up the chance to repeat the force - element multiple tree stuff).

Quote Originally Posted by AkuTenshiiZero View Post
    Can we not play the game of extremes, please? There is such a thing as a middle ground. I would hardly call the default mags "dark and gritty," some of them are squarely in the "cute" department, but they fit in as a canonical part of PSO2. By all means, let there be cartoony SUUPAH KAWAII pet skins, but the defaults should look like they didn't come from another god damn game. Ideally, I'd have preferred something that looks a little more like a realistic animal and doesn't have big googly baby eyes.
    Ideally the pets should be PB style, that would even make sense story wise with summoner being a class that focuses less on using photons via weapons yourself and more on using them via photon blast style beasts.

PS: we're bashing the class nonstop based on a shitty 90 second trailer with low res and horrible bitrate.
    Before we run our mouths yet some more we should probably wait a bit for some more info.