Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I got my Xbox one controller work with wire, then I bought wireless adapter and the controller keep binding LT to RT button, no matter how I try to config the controller the device manager doesn't gave me any option to change driver adapter, so I look for steam, Win 10 suppose to work well, steam controller recognize as gamepad mode then PSO2 launch it recognize as mouse input mode, I don't know what the heck causing this problem you mention steam mode in PSO tweaker and I just enable but it still useless, I do quick search and other said that Steam mode suppose to keep tweaker on while PSO2 on, in my case I didn't see tweaker on when PSO2 launch.

Could you like do a short video tour all of your setting and do screenshot?

For me, the moment the game launches, the controller stops working as desktop mode and starts working with my configuration. I don't think I have any special configuration I haven't said already.

OH MY F**KING DAMIT, GOD DAMN I ALL OF THIS TIME I THOUGHT THE CONTROLLER NOT WORK, or the software issue of any other advance troubleshoot BUT I JUST FOUND OUT WHEN I SAW YOUR VIDEO, When the game launch PSO2 I saw pop up steam controller then I Hold Steam logo on the Steam controller pop up set up menu, I check the controller lay out IT F**KING PRE-SET High Percision mouse setting for FPS Game, NO WONDER HOW MANY TIME I TRY IT WOULDN'T"T work as GAMEPAD, Infact STEAM Controller think this game is FPS and the Controller preset FPS layout button. GOD I"M SO HAPPY NOW THE PROBLEM IS FIX!!!!!!!!!! ARGHHH 3 days spending Finding solution try many possibility, messing around Device manager and change hard ware and software, and yet just 1 simple solution hold steam logo on the controller to change game pad set up, for the moment I also though it maybe window 10 cause the issue but no.

Good to know you found a fix. (^:

I am a HUcast to know what you are take the quiz here.

Quote Originally Posted by Renvalt View Post
    Bubsy?! Bubsy, is that you?! I know it's supposed to be Nyau btw, but seriously - that thing looks like a wannabe Bubsy with a Kokiri Lightsaber.

@landman what is the setting of your right pad speed, even I set everything high I feel still slow than my xbox one right joystick and sometime I move and stop sudden the camera make like another extra rotation, do you have that issue?

I've been having a bit of trouble getting used to the Steam controller for fast-paced shooters, but I'm starting to like it more for slower-paced games like PSO2 that don't need as much precision. I've also settled for a setup similar to the 360 pad, although I use the left bumper as a modifier to turn XYBA into numpad 1,2,3, and 4 respectively, and left trackpad left, up, right, and down clicks into numpad 5, 6, 7, and 8 respectively. It uses joystick movement, and low sensitivity with a bit of mouse acceleration and trackball. I only play Force though, so I don't know how well it works with other classes, but I did my own gameplay with it and, despite still learning to get used to it, I don't think my performance was too much different than with the 360 pad that I'm used to, and I had access to a lot more hotkeys at once compared to the 360 pad. I'd post the Youtube video (same username), but my post count is too low >_<

It's nice that it also doesn't seem terribly difficult to share controller bindings in non-Steam games like this. If you have the text for the VDF file of a controller config, I think you only have to paste that into a notepad file and save the file with a ".vdf" at the end, then put that file into the basic Steam controller templates folder so that it can pop up in any game under the templates tab.

Quote Originally Posted by timesyndicate View Post
    @landman what is the setting of your right pad speed, even I set everything high I feel still slow than my xbox one right joystick and sometime I move and stop sudden the camera make like another extra rotation, do you have that issue?
    On advanced options, you can make the outer ring to move at high speed, and I usually increase the area of that outer ring (reduce the radius) and the movement goes to top speed, the centre of the trackpad is still working as a trackball while the limits are similar to a stick. I also have the trackball friction set to low so fast swipes have enough inertia to turn very fast. I currently changed back to mouse-like joystick instead of mouse and I'm trying to use the mouse aim with the gyroscope, but I've not spent much time in pso2 lately so I don't really have a definitive opinion on this configuration.

Quote Originally Posted by belmonkey View Post
    It's nice that it also doesn't seem terribly difficult to share controller bindings in non-Steam games like this. If you have the text for the VDF file of a controller config, I think you only have to paste that into a notepad file and save the file with a ".vdf" at the end, then put that file into the basic Steam controller templates folder so that it can pop up in any game under the templates tab.
    Yeah, I actually modified the PSO2 config file with icons and colours that only appear in some games (supposedly they fixed it but still looks buggy in some games) only by editing the text file, copying it from another game.

After the addition of touch menus that allow you many more bindings I changed ABXY buttons shift function to the same with turbo, just to press switches lol