Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: PSO2 ACT Plugin

Default PSO2 ACT Plugin + Damage Dump

PSA: As of 07/01/2016, GG is confirmed to detect ACT, so it will NP1013 you and SEGA doesn't want you running parsers: http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=9224. Nothing is really actually blocked (doesn't prevent you from playing), so use at your own risk!

So, as I'm sure some of you are aware, the Tweaker introduced a plugin system that included a plugin to dump a CSV file per game session that contains a dump of all the healing and damage the game sees.

This is pretty nifty, and if you know what to do in excel or google spreadsheets, you can do some analysis. However, it can get inconvenient sometimes, and you also can't view the data in real-time.

So that's where ACT comes in...

ACT stands for Advanced Combat Tracker, a tool for real-time parsing and analysis of data. If you've played Final Fantasy XIV, this (+ the FFXIV specific plugin) is the go-to application for parsing DPS/HPS and providing breakdowns of... just about everything you could ever want.

I've created a plugin (download link can be found at the bottom of the post) for ACT to handle parsing the data, and thanks to a lot of help from Karma, I've also compiled a list of attackID to names (though it's still a work in progress).

Setup Guide
    1. Download both the ACT application and the plugin.

2. Put ACT somewhere convenient, doesn't really matter where. You can extract the Plugin DLL in the same place.

3. Start up Advanced Combat Tracker.exe

4. Go to the 'Plugins' tab at the top.

5. Make sure other plugins are disabled if you've used ACT before

6. Hit the Browse... button and find the PSO2ACT.dll. Then hit Add/Enable Plugin

7. You should see a new tab created next to the 'Plugin Listing' tab labeled PSO2ACT.dll

8. Hit the Browse... button and go navigate to your pso2_bin directory

9. If you did everything correctly, the label above the 'Refresh' button should show Reading <....>.csv

10. IMPORTANT: If you started ACT before starting PSO2, you'll have to hit 'Refresh' after starting the game up so it's reading from the correct log.

11. Go back to the main tab, the damage and healing you see from now on should show up. Feel free to mess around with the ACT configurations to change encounter times, the ability to copy and paste things, etc...

FAQ
    Q: What if I want to analyze old logs?

A: Go to the Import/Export tab in ACT, set the Log Start/End positions to whatever you want, and then hit Select File... (you'll have to change the filter to All Files because it won't find the CSV). You can select whatever on the next screen. After they get loaded, you should see them on the main tab (they'll show up collapsed ordered by Instance ID).

Q: How can I get an overlay to see my DPS in game?

A: The easiest thing to do is to get the 'miniparse' window to show up, and just keep it on top. You can set this up in Options -> Output Display -> Mini Parse Window (the button to make it show up is on the top right)

Q: Is there a better overlay I could use?

A: Tyrone-sama made one that can be found here

Quote Originally Posted by TyroneSama View Post
    Can't post links due to postcount restrictions, but if you go to "tyronesama [dot] moe [slash] files", there's a file named miniparse_pso2.html that you can grab: drop it in the resources folder of your RainbowMage overlay and select it from the plugin tab.

Be aware that it uses a bunch of hack-job regex to get everything prettily formatted, and I'm not maintaining it (working on a standalone parser at the moment). But it's a step up from the stock miniparse overlay.
    TODO
    -Finish up attack ID <-> name mapping
    -Figure out how to better handle instance ID 0 (when a player is the target of an action)
    -Handling special 'misc' cases (damage from/to environment, for example)
    -Find more bugs
    -Maybe format this post better
    -Maybe add pictures to the setup guide

Notes
    This is just a request from me as I can't force you guys to do anything, but please use this to improve and analyze and not to justify being a douchebag.

Also, Source (Github)! Pls give me your sweet pull requests because I don't know what I'm doing with this plugin. Note that this is for developers, the plugin download link is below!

Credits
    CyberKitsune for finding things about the PSO2 client that facilitated all of this (the proxy helped too!)
    Ninji for being a wizard and without whom the entire plugin thing would've flopped
    Karma for being a hero and figuring out the attackID <-> skill mapping
    Alam_Squeeze for breaking my co- I mean improving my code
    AIDA for providing a convenient medium to handle all this, and not getting mad at me when I'm pretty sure it was my confusing explanations that caused all the problems
    Kyle873 for waking up
    Tyrone-Sama for making a nifty overlay and doing some of the skills + Overparse, which is a better real-time solution for PSO2 damage tracking
    Meebo for doing a huge portion of the skill mapping

I'm sure there are others I need to thank as well, so if I forgot you please take solace in knowing that I probably forgot someone else too.

Disclaimer: As always, use at your own risk. I don't have any sort of blessing from SEGA about this.

Changelog
    Spoiler!

Download (v1.0.0.6)

Also, the damage dump plugin source can be found here
    Last edited by Variant; Dec 10, 2016 at 06:40 AM.

10/10 will try out

oh quick question, does this csv file interfere with the csv file from tweaker parser? or does the act know which csv file to use automatically
    Last edited by PSchiZ; Nov 25, 2015 at 08:12 AM.

Oh nice, can't wait to try this out. Thank you!

Also, at this rate, we probably need a sub-form for just releases.

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

It works !!! DPS is shown.
    Thank you, Variant.

Also, I'm new to ACT ...... can the 'mini-parse' window shows Total damage? o-o Or at least % of damage contribution between players? Would like to know how far I've left behind o-o
    I set the damage % one, but it only shows " -- " ._.

It automatically resets every time a new instance is created, right? Like .... between 1st run of Magatsu and 2nd run o-o

Oh, it also shows enemy damage too o-o

Thank you
    Last edited by final_attack; Nov 25, 2015 at 11:03 AM.
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

can the 'mini-parse' window shows Total damage?
    Yes, you can modify the mini-parse to show anything you want in the ACT settings, including %.

I'll have to try out the plugin later.

Quote Originally Posted by final_attack View Post
    It works !!! DPS is shown.
    Thank you, Variant.

Also, I'm new to ACT ...... can the 'mini-parse' window shows Total damage? o-o Or at least % of damage contribution between players? Would like to know how far I've left behind o-o
    I set the damage % one, but it only shows " -- " ._.
    Mini parser text-preset
    Allies Formating
    Code:
    Name {t} |  Damage {t} |  DPS {t} | DMG'd
    Per-combatant formatting:
    Code:
    {n}{NAME10}{t} | {damage}{t}  | {ENCDPS} {t}| {damagetaken}
    Should show the player / dmg dealt / dps / dmg taken

Spoiler!

DMG% seems not logged/programmed though, all log dmg% is "--"
    Last edited by arkeido; Nov 25, 2015 at 11:32 AM.

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

All right, thank you

I'll try it again on magatsu tomorrow
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

I'm getting

whenever I set pso2_bin folder and then the program just crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sora3100 View Post
    I'm getting whenever I set pso2_bin folder
    Oh boy, the first error. Could you tell me what the last few lines in your uh...

C:\Users\<NAME>\AppData\Roaming\Advanced Combat Tracker\Advanced Combat Tracker.log

file (replace <NAME> with your windows user name) are?

Quote Originally Posted by PSchiZ View Post
    10/10 will try out

oh quick question, does this csv file interfere with the csv file from tweaker parser? or does the act know which csv file to use automatically
    This is just a glorified log parser, it just reads the CSV files in the pso2_bin/damagelogs folder that are created by the damage dump plugin. Specifically, it pulls the latest file in that folder because that's the one that should be getting written too.

Quote Originally Posted by arkeido View Post
    DMG% seems not logged/programmed though, all log dmg% is "--"
    Ugh. Between you and me, I have no idea how making an ACT plugin works, I've really just been winging it and hoping people don't notice. Let me see if I can tinker around a bit more.

I wonder that field requires enemy HP values or something, because you'd think it be straightforward enough to autocalculate...

Quote Originally Posted by Variant View Post
    Oh boy, the first error. Could you tell me what the last few lines in your uh...

C:\Users\<NAME>\AppData\Roaming\Advanced Combat Tracker\Advanced Combat Tracker.log

file (replace <NAME> with your windows user name) are?
    Code:
       at System.IO.FileInfo.Init(String fileName, Boolean checkHost)
       at Advanced_Combat_Tracker.FormActMain.ResetCheckLogs()
       at Advanced_Combat_Tracker.FormActMain.WriteExceptionLog(Exception ex, String MoreInfo)
       at Advanced_Combat_Tracker.FormActMain.InitACT()
       at Advanced_Combat_Tracker.ActLoader..ctor(String[] args)
       at Advanced_Combat_Tracker.ActLoader.Main(String[] args)
    ***** 2015-11-25T18:12:45 - BeforeLogLineRead is not handled
    ***** 2015-11-25T18:12:47 - Checking for program updates
    ***** 2015-11-25T18:12:47 - Exiting InitACT: 1849,94
    ***** 2015-11-25T18:12:51 - Enabling plugin: E:\Programs\Advanced Combat Tracker\PSO2ACT.dll
    2015-11-25T18:13:14
    Unhandled Exception
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at PSO2ACT.PSO2ACT.LogThread()
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
    Application-Start 2015-11-25T18:17:01 (v3.2.1     Release: 251 | CLR v4.0.30319.42000 | OS Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0)
    ***** 2015-11-25T18:17:03 - Entering InitACT
    ***** 2015-11-25T18:17:03 - Entering LoadNewSettings
    ***** 2015-11-25T18:17:03 - Config loading plugin from: E:\Programs\Advanced Combat Tracker\PSO2ACT.dll
    ***** 2015-11-25T18:17:03 - Enabling plugin: E:\Programs\Advanced Combat Tracker\PSO2ACT.dll
    ***** 2015-11-25T18:17:03 - Exiting LoadNewSettings
    ***** 2015-11-25T18:17:03 - 
    System.ArgumentException: The path is not of a legal form.
       at System.IO.Path.NormalizePath(String path, Boolean fullCheck, Int32 maxPathLength, Boolean expandShortPaths)
       at System.IO.Path.GetFullPathInternal(String path)
       at System.IO.FileInfo.Init(String fileName, Boolean checkHost)
       at Advanced_Combat_Tracker.FormActMain.WriteExceptionLog(Exception ex, String MoreInfo)
       at Advanced_Combat_Tracker.FormActMain.InitACT()
       at Advanced_Combat_Tracker.ActLoader..ctor(String[] args)
       at Advanced_Combat_Tracker.ActLoader.Main(String[] args)
    ***** 2015-11-25T18:17:03 - Checking for program updates
    ***** 2015-11-25T18:17:03 - Exiting InitACT: 750,09
    2015-11-25T18:17:38
    Unhandled Exception
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at PSO2ACT.PSO2ACT.LogThread()
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()