Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AmanoMai View Post
    my LA is super slow because the ping is very bad lol, still was able to cancel somewhat but the dash happens very late

as for double tap cancel , so it depends on your reflexes and memory to remember when to cancel after all, not like i can depend on visual since it needs to be just before JA circle

getting abit better at it.... thanks for answering
    Bad ping means you need to press LA sooner for the timing to line up correctly. The dash after isn't ping related so long as your LA goes off at the right time.

The other thing is my ping seems to vary slightly?
    So it's not always the same timing for LA cancels.

Anyone doing this with a gamepad?
    I can only the method with a normal attack but after the attack I face sideways (can't do a 180 with a single attack) and have to use a step to face forward again before I use guren again.

Seems very inefficient and only slightly faster than running, if at all.

In comparison, how much faster/slower than running is guren spam without any cancel, just slashing after every dash?
    Last edited by Achelousaurus; Dec 28, 2015 at 07:24 PM.

You don't need to dash forward if you're using normal attack to cancel. Just turn around manually and Guren again. Same with guard cancel.

Guren without any cancel is still significantly faster than running, but it's far less pp efficient than any other method because it costs twice as much pp (on top of being slower).

You can do any method on a gamepad provided you can bind keyboard buttons to it with macro software like J2K or xpadder.
    Player ID: Charmeleon (Ship 2)

I tried binding stuff to gamepad buttons, then got used to the rhythm and no I don't need the bindings anymore.
    But what I do is use a normal attack > dash forward for direction change (or any other direction) and then use guren again. Without the dash I easily mess up the timing for the direction and just slash.
    Actually I think I kinda got it. I'll upload a video of this tomorrow.
    Last edited by Achelousaurus; Dec 28, 2015 at 08:42 PM.

How does one do the LA cancel? I've been doing the guard cancel method all this time since its the most straightforward..

Does one simple hold Alt + W to achieve the LA like how you normally do a LA dash?
    ”If you pretend to feel a certain way, the feeling can become genuine all by accident.“

Quote Originally Posted by KuroKanden View Post
    How does one do the LA cancel? I've been doing the guard cancel method all this time since its the most straightforward..

Does one simple hold Alt + W to achieve the LA like how you normally do a LA dash?
    You need to activate your LA at just the right time. For me, it's just as the first slash starts to comes out. The LA timing varies on ping, so, you have to experiment a bit.

To test when your LA cancel is, try doing an LA at different points of the initial dash, and then don't press anything.
    If your character does the dash, stops and then does an LA, then that's the correct timing.

For me, it's about ~1.5 seconds before the first swing.

always wondered how people darted all over.

@Jigen
    Glad you found this thread then. I haven't been feeling well, so I haven't gotten around to compiling the information properly yet.