Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Why Do I Still Post Here? BahnKnakyu's Avatar

Default One Angry Gamer Writes about the DOAXBV3 situation

Was surprised the whole controversy got to these forums, but for those of you who missed it, William Usher (independent games journalist) writes about what's happening so far.

http://blogjob.com/oneangrygamer/201...-marginalized/
    * 98% of people like to put character progress in their signatures. If you're one of the 2% who doesn't, put this in your signature.

yeah sucks about that situation, i made a topic on it here
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231202

Chidori / Ship2, Also feel free to visit us at http://gunvalk.saik0.com

That's exactly the topic that this article is talking about.

Anyway, hate speech sucks. Having a reasonable, well-argumented discussion without personal attacks is important, and I'm all for it. Although I didn't see entirety of the thread before it was cleaned up, I have to note: it's a big problem when people start treating reasonable arguments as personal attacks. This is why you see "SJW" everywhere, this is why people are criticising "safe space" as a concept - a lot of the time people use those to protect themselves from arguments.

Let's be smarter than that, PSOW.

LMAO

Thanks for posting that link made my day.
    Last edited by Demon-; Dec 5, 2015 at 06:11 PM.

no prob lol idk if ppl went overboard in there or not, all i did was provide info and links to the situation with that game in the words of the change.org petition themselves not my own.
    was not my intention to attack any group of people and if anyone thought so i apologize for not making it clearer.

In a 2D Relationship

It's funny how psow made news on that blogger's site because of something not exactly related to Phantasy Star.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    She goes into the boy's room and finds a shrine of herself there. The boy appears and tells her that her entire family is dead, where he chains her up....commits a rather heinous crime. Proceeds to murder her and leave her for dead...and then the game closes with a graphic representation and sounds of her being buried and seeing herself from the heavens being buried.

Its a good thing Japan doesn't have such people spoiling the fun of others, we wouldn't be playing pso2 otherwise. I'm against hate speech - rather than hate people should enjoy what they like and not stop others from enjoying what they like, be it otome or hentai games, I mean everyone has the right to enjoy what he likes, that's what games are for!

Quote Originally Posted by Chidori View Post
    idk if ppl went overboard in there or not, all i did was provide info and links to the situation with that game
    Yeah that's what got me a little disappointed with the closure of the thread, even if what outrider said was there, no one actually mentioned the fact, the discussion was mostly about the good things we though the original games had, our opinion about the game, without attacking anyone's opinion, and even possible solutions instead of banning themselves.

I believe the attack was on SJWs in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outrider
    Turning it into a bash fest while using terms popularized by a literal hate group in an attempt to mock marginalized groups
    Anyways I didn't think it was a bash fest really. The OP of the topic and one of my comments were the only ones that said anything even remotely negative about SJWs. And even then they were very light jabs at them. Hardly an all out attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Strobo_Lemon View Post
    It's funny how psow made news on that blogger's site because of something not exactly related to Phantasy Star.
    well it is posted in the "off-topic" section of pso-world so of course it's not about pso
    Last edited by Chidori; Dec 7, 2015 at 03:21 AM.