Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens - Did you enjoy the movie?

Hell yeah I did, it was much better than the prequels but not as good as the original trilogy.
    In my opinion, it tried too much to be like Episode IV (which, in itself, is a good thing) but it was overloaded with direct references, similar themes and so on.
    The only thing the prequels did better was portraying the universe of Star Wars, something that was missing in the new movie.

Other than that, it was worth my money and I even almost teared up at a certain scene. Not going to talk about it in this initial post since it is a MAJOR SPOILER.

What do you think about Episode VII?
    PLACEHOLDER SIGNATURE - music included ♪

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

Haven't had a chance to see it yet, don't ruin it!!!!!

Seeing it tonight at 7:30. I'm looking forward to it!

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

no spoller

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

I thought it was amazing. Overall, I really loved it, although there were a couple of small things that bothered or disappointed me.
    Two disappointments are character-related. Not really huge spoilers, but I'll wrap them in spoiler tags, anyway:

Captain Phasma was such a huge letdown. With all the interviews and movie posters and merchandise and stuff, they made her out to be such a big character, and she had like not even a minute of screen time?? Wtf... Sure, she's said to be playing a bigger role in the next one, but... they could have so easily implemented her more into this. You know, like let her fight against Finn on Takodana instead of a random Stormtrooper? Why wasn't she leading the attack, anyway?
    I was so looking forward to this character Q_Q

Snoke was disappointing, as well. They made such a mystery of his appearance, and his voice sounded so menacing... when we finally got to see him, I couldn't help but think "that's all?". One of the lamest villain designs. And since he looks rather human-like anyway, I don't get why they had to make him a CG character...

The soundtrack...
    While it definitely sounded like Star Wars and felt like Star Wars, there was barely anything that stuck with me. I mean, the use of old themes was great, but I was looking forward to more new stuff. And when it comes to the new tracks, there's like only two memorable ones. That's disappointing considering we had to wait so long for a new John Williams Star Wars score...
    Don't get me wrong, it's still great, but if I had to rank all seven movie scores, this one would definitely take last spot.

That's like the only things that got to me and it's a personal taste thing, so yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by SilkaN View Post
    In my opinion, it tried too much to be like Episode IV (which, in itself, is a good thing) but it was overloaded with direct references, similar themes and so on.
    It kinda did the exact same thing Jurassic World did.
    It basically took the story of the first movie and retold it in a modernized fashion, added some new things and characters here and there, and planted some seeds that might lead into something truly new in the sequels. And, just like Jurassic World, it put in a ton of fan service/nostalgia moments by having the characters accidentally find objects or say quotes straight out of the original movie.

On the one hand that was cool, but on the other, they really overdid it a little at certain parts. Especially during the finale.
    I guess the Starkiller Base was a huge letdown, too. It's bigger and more powerful than the Death Star, but didn't feel as much of a threat and got taken down rather easily (also, we have literally seen this twice before, so that definitely was a bit too much repetition).

But yeah, other than the above, I absolutely loved it.
    The new main characters are amazing. I love each and every one of them so much, and the humor was great as well. And Han Solo!! Hnnngh <3
    I could type an entire novel about the things I loved, but I've already written too much, so I'll leave it at that, haha.

It certainly reignited my passion for Star Wars and made me feel like a kid again.
    When I got out of the theater I felt so giddy with excitement and just wanted to talk to someone about it, as well as buy all the Star Wars merchandise in existence, haha. It's literally been over a decade since a movie made me feel that way.
    "Yo Kid! 'Sup? Whazzat? You want summa DIS whiskey?
    You just outta da crib, kid! Go suck Yo momma's milk!"

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reiketsu View Post

It kinda did the exact same thing Jurassic World did.
    It basically took the story of the first movie and retold it in a modernized fashion, added some new things and characters here and there, and planted some seeds that might lead into something truly new in the sequels. And, just like Jurassic World, it put in a ton of fan service/nostalgia moments by having the characters accidentally find objects or say quotes straight out of the original movie.
    Awwwwwwwww........

Fanservice based REEEEbootinggggg.........???

Still looks worth watching.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

It was... good. There were parts that I absolutely loved, but there was also a lot that fell flat for me.

Honestly, the worst part is how badly the references telegraph what they're trying to do. I had a lot of trouble focusing on the movie because every winking nudge I was like, "Okay, I get it. I realize what you're doing." Like, it takes so much from the original Star Wars that you pretty much know every single dramatic beat they're going to do before they're even introduced. That was disappointing.

Still, it's fun!

That being said, I'm going to see it again with my brothers when they're back in town and I'm kinda excited to see it again? Like, considering how many parts I wasn't crazy about after seeing it the first time I sorta can't wait to see it again.

I want to watch it this weekend so no spoilers please

SPOILERS: There's no "20th Century Fox" before the movie and it feels a little strange.

Okay, I'm a huge Star Wars fan (who isn't?) and I absolutely loved this movie.
    The acting was superb from every single character in this movie, especially the new people. I was afraid coming into this movie that I might not like them but no I love the new characters and cant wait to see what happens to them in the next movies. The visuals were mind blowing, all of the effects were great. The sets looked amazing and the CG I hardly even noticed if it looked fake. The lightsaber fight in the snow looked so amazing.

WARNING SERIOUSLY HUGE MAJOR SPOILER ALERT AREA DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE
    I liked the way they did Kylo Ren's character. He's not a super scary menacing sith lord like everyone thought he might be. Turns out he is a very confused emotional young almost like a kid throwing a fit with his lightsaber when things don't go his way. Some people hate this but I think it fits.

Thought they brushed Captain Phasma to the side and didn't do much with her character which is sad because I thought she might have been interesting. That and she has some seriously sick looking armor. There's always the next movie if she made it out alive.

Wasn't impressed with Snoke AKA "THE SUPREME LEADER". Need to see him up close and not a hologram. Maybe in the next movie. Meh thought he was mediocre.

The death of Han Solo I was completely fine with for some reason. Maybe because I was just happy he was in the film in the first place. I was fine with the way he died also because it gives Kylo Ren's character more meaning.

Some say Kylo Rens fight with Finn was way to even and the fact that Rey shouldn't have kicked his butt. I see it more like Kylo Ren has been out of practice and the force obviously is strong with Finn and more so Rey.

Oh and when I seen the lightsaber shake in the snow and seen it fly into Reys hands I was totally like "YES!" Which was funny because all the trailers showed as if Finn was going to be the hero of the movies and become the new jedi.

I had a feeling there wasn't going to be much Luke in the movie and I'm fine with it. Would've been nice but we should see plenty of him in the next one.

The ending I thought was perfect with Luke not saying a word and it cutting like that.

The only thing negative I can say is the fact that it almost completely copies episode IV. But I kinda like that it was similar and it got people into the movie. Just don't do it again seriously.

Anyways a great movie and a must see!

4.5/5
    Last edited by Demon-; Dec 23, 2015 at 04:46 AM.