Page 52 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2424950515253545562 ... LastLast

That's on XH? Just the two of you? Who is collecting crystals?
    I guess you meant the two of you saving multis.

Anyway, I think if PUGs just pay attention to what others are doing, and know the spawns, then it should be okay.
    There should always be someone on the Exodas when they spawn, and there should always be someone killing Damoths.
    Maluda should never even get close to towers.
    Vibras bomb should be dealt with.
    Apprentice Phallus laser should never fire.
    That's about it. I think.

If you want people to learn spawns you should learn them yourself. I don't get why you play alone *because you said when we happen to be in the same block* which means you camp blocks to play alone or too lazy to swap blocks to be with your friends. TD will most of the time give bad results if you play solo. From my personal experience I get a party from my FL then pick a block for us to play it because i don't think block matters that much usually its 3 Forces + Ranger since that covers everything. You want someone to give you a solution but most of these cannot be fixed since you cannot depend on people in pugs that's why you have to learn to do the stuff yourself or in a group . TD4 Spawns come in pairs not triples so theres always a side left open and if you learnt the spawns you could watch out for little things like Decol spawns. Also when I said tower that means everything on that side of the map bosses+mobs don't sit by the tower and wait for everything to run to you because that is way too risky.
    Too many Characters to post :<

You're jumping to a lot of conclusions.
    "If I want people to learn spawns I should learn them myself". That makes no sense.
    I know the spawns already. Me knowing them won't help others learn them, and not everyone reads my crappy guide.

Most of us don't have premium. We get into blocks that are open and wait.
    Everyone logs on at different times too, because we're all busy doing other things.
    The later blocks tend to be worse, so we don't ask each other to purposely leave a good block to come to a later block.
    Especially when there's a chance the block may not fill up.
    You realize that if I ask someone to come play with me on a later block, and it ends up being worse, then it's probably my fault.
    It's not a matter of being lazy.

There are triple spawns. If I recall correctly, end of wave 4 is a triple spawn. Two single Exodas and one double alongside Maluda.
    That's where most PUGs tend to fail.

Like I said, I KNOW the spawns. I'm the one tagging Maluda most of the time because other people ignore it.
    How do you think I know people are ignoring Maluda? Because I'm the one tagging it most of the time.
    And I dunno about the "bad results when playing solo". Like I said, it's random.
    I get amazing runs, good runs, not great runs, and horrible runs.

Anyway, not going to argue any further. I'm busy.
    I'm doing what I can to play better. I'm just pointing out the issues I've seen with PUGs.
    Telling me that I alone need to improve doesn't make PUGs better, you know.
    PUGs don't consist of twelve mes. If they did, we probably wouldn't be here talking about this.

I've done PUG in a 4-man party in like... the second-to-last populated XH block once because we moved to block last minute. The runs went fine with the 1 FoTe per tower + 1 RaHu mid/exodas setup. As long as the party knows how carry each tower it's not that bad imo.

I can't deny that it can be a real struggle if you're alone in a block though.
    Last edited by Kayarine; Feb 3, 2016 at 01:23 PM. Reason: added subclasses

JP PSO2 - Ship 2 & 4 | Player ID: Kayarine
    Kayarine | Σ-18 | クロウ | Alexander | シロナ | 【敗者】 | サガ
    テオドール | マトイ | アウロラ | ピエトロ | ブリュー・リンガーダ | ジン

The entire block system is a big gamble. It's normal to understand if others don't want to take the risk of moving blocks.

I don't find XH Mining Defense III or IV to be difficult.

As long as players know how to coordinate when they use their A.I.S, things tend to go fine...especially when after several thousand points, players are given access to a second AIS..

...so that is what...like 24 A.I.S per run across the entire MPA?

I would think that would be more than enough....
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Japanese also have better ping, play a game that is closer to the expectations of their culture, and have a much better resource layout and more access to the game that most...

What do English players who don't know Japanese have to deal with? English Patch, Cirnopedia which is pretty much outdated, as well as scattered players everywhere and a lot of elitist mentality and no real unity. Not to mention a few blogs here and there and this forum? Sorry, but that isn't enough.....(and no I havent forgotten about the new wiki trying to take the place of Cirno...

Its a given that Japanese are going to function better in a game that was made with them in mind, where they can read and coordinate....

...and it doesn't help the sheer amount of English players who are unwilling to learn at least Katakana and Hiragana, who try to sell me their frustrations.
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    Japanese also have better ping, play a game that is closer to the expectations of their culture, and have a much better resource layout and more access to the game that most...

What do English players who don't know Japanese have to deal with? English Patch, Cirnopedia which is pretty much outdated, as well as scattered players everywhere and a lot of elitist mentality and no real unity. Not to mention a few blogs here and there and this forum? Sorry, but that isn't enough.....(and no I havent forgotten about the new wiki trying to take the place of Cirno...

Its a given that Japanese are going to function better in a game that was made with them in mind, where they can read and coordinate....

...and it doesn't help the sheer amount of English players who are unwilling to learn at least Katakana and Hiragana, who try to sell me their frustrations.
    or they can just, you know, google translate swiki and figure it out instead of using cirnoshit.

True..
    ...but easier said than done.

I don't have to comment about the low attention span, nor the dangers or relying too much on google translate. I wager that the people who use swiki the most are the people who can not read or English (so no cirno) or Japanese, but go to swiki in hopes of making the effort in their native language to translate...

In other nations we learn to go to the source of the material and work with translations, while in the United States we learn to find the Localization of a game and count on its support for translations.

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    I don't have to comment about the low attention span, nor the dangers or relying too much on google translate. I wager that the people who use swiki the most are the people who can not read or English (so no cirno) or Japanese, but go to swiki in hopes of making the effort in their native language to translate...

In other nations we learn to go to the source of the material and work with translations, while in the United States we learn to find the Localization of a game and count on its support for translations.
    So from what I'm gathering, if you use swiki, you don't know English or Japanese and you're not a US citizen. If you're a US citizen, you don't translate anything yourself and rely entirely on EN sources.

The truth: People that use swiki are the ones that are willing to seek out any source of information they can acquire for the sake of learning and improving. Low attention span? A person with low attention span would not use swiki to begin with, because they don't care. Dangers of google translate? Anyone that's used it for a while knows to double (and sometimes triple) check areas where mistranslations can occur. There's always online dictionaries to look things up with, so this is an easy thing to do.

I really don't understand why people are always talking about nationality like it actually matters. Sure, EN players are generally more lazy and JP players generally work harder, but these are generalizations. I wouldn't count on them being accurate more than 60% of the time, and talking about them like they're actual facts of life makes no sense.

So uh, yeah, can you please stop your obnoxious preaching.