Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    You did grasp that was a sarcastic post, right?

I am conflicted. On the one hand it's nice if this gets released in the west cause so many English players will leave and most of them will come from B1.

On the other hand I am afraid that there may be an ip ban, cause it's not about being able to lvl up again, once you spent a fuckton of time, effort and real money into your account it's not something you can just give up easily.

If I got my account banned the game would be forever dead to me. Well at the very least until Sega shuts down the servers and there is a good private server with all of the content the official servers had.

The Profound Duckness SuperCentipede's Avatar

I just a thought: is this what Sega had been waiting for? Were they waiting to make a TV show that they think would help it take off in the West (so now, they might release it in the west)?

Wild Mass Guessing is wild.

The anime's obviously for the domestic market. Licensing it abroad is really just increasing the profit margins for minimal extra effort on their part.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCentipede View Post
    I just a thought: is this what Sega had been waiting for? Were they waiting to make a TV show that they think would help it take off in the West (so now, they might release it in the west)?
    Ahahahahaha

It's not like they're dubbing it and airing it on american TV.

Right?
    Known as Niem on Ship 2.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenFalcon View Post
    It's not like they're dubbing it and airing it on american TV.

Right?
    Sentai does dub some of their shows and puts those out on DVD/Blu-ray, but like most licensees these days, their primary distribution is a subbed version via streaming sites, typically Crunchyroll or Hulu. Very few anime get broadcast on TV nowadays unless they are aimed at younger audiences and/or heavily merchandise driven (think Youkai Watch, Yu-Gi-Oh!, etc.), or if it is a particularly popular action show that gets picked up by [Adult Swim].
    Last edited by Anduril; Jan 5, 2016 at 03:12 AM.

I used to watch Gamefaqs' polls for a few years back when the site first started them, and they've always been a joke.
    They are in no way an accurate representation of anything.
    It's also super silly to boil down "best game" or whatever to a single category and single position.
    Then there's the fact that most people have short term memories and like stuff for all sorts of weird reasons.

It's kinda like polling "best food ever", or "best book ever" from calls to a general help desk support line.
    If anyone ever asks me what my favorite or best anything is, I can never give a single answer because there are always so many things I like for so many different reasons.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Jan 5, 2016 at 05:38 AM.

Reminds me of the days I was active on the Total War forums. One of the reliably recurring topics there was some variation of "bestest army evar?" with predictable levels of rank fanboi ignorance in every iteration...

同志站开,我们正在处理这些帝国主义走狗 。 BlackAlphaG's Avatar

SEGA just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about American culture (I'm an expert), but dark and gritty settings in media are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in Japan where you can become successful by appealing to schoolgirl tropes. If you use high school settings over in the West, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the western audience, after hearing about this, is not going to want to play PSO2 for any region, nor will they watch any of the Anime. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but SEGA has alienated an entire market with this move.

SEGA, publicly apologize and release PSO2 in the west or you can kiss your business goodbye.