Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Haven't played in a year and a half.

Hey all, it's been an eternity since I've played, and I'm basically starting over with a new character slot so I can get my bearings and such. I just had a few questions, though.

What are some decent classes for a player who would mostly level solo? I haven't passed the Level 40 range yet, but I do plan to eventually do the endgame stuff with groups upon hitting the 70+ range, but for the leveling process, I'm pretty much alone. Just looking for something that can mow down trash efficiently.

I was using the stickied guide for build advice and skill trees here, but it doesn't seem to have been updated since October 2014, so I'm pretty sure it's crazy outdated by now with all the updates that have happened since then.

I'm mainly interested in Ranger, Braver (Would love to play with bows, haven't had much Katana experience, though), Hunter, and Bouncer.

Apologies if this thread was rambly, and Happy 2016 to all.

You're already way behind in the Arms Race :v, but its ok because so am I sadly :l

But never fear -

Ranger/Hunter, The One Shot One Kill Guide on the forums for Ra/Hu is still what I use. they're not exactly amazing at mobbing as Fo/Te is but bringing them to boss EQs really makes life easy for everyone due to Weak Bullet. Though I'm biased toward this since I love this class.
    For leveling I always found EQs being king and AQ in your spare time (Urban)
    TD3/4, Raging Elder Arms for example.

Braver/Hunter Hybrid (S-ATT)
    Catering more to your love of bows(amazing bossing weapon) and Katana (very fun/versatile melee weapon imo). Lots of surviability and mobility options. This is the definitive budget class of PSO2 as you need few things to be very effective. Gurren Tessen, Sakura Endo, and Hatou Rindou are the PAs you should be using with Katana which would be used to mob. Banishing Arrow > Kamikaze Arrow is the bow combo you'll be using to boss.
    Tree: http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skill...0fdoIb0000000j
    You'll see that Gurren Tessen is practically auto pilot and insane mobility and nice damage for barely any PP.

Those are my recommended out of your preferred classes though eventually you'll want to play all for class titles (free ATT/HP/PP stats). Sadly I wouldn't even touch Bouncer because they're a meme class. I know gear is another big topic but I rather not type paragraphs. Have fun and don't get discouraged by +210ATT units and spooky scary big Austere weapons.

ra/hu to slugged through mob. (lawnchair for mobs VH, SH also possible but rifle-hype person will come and chew me)
    ra/br if you need bossing with bow (though the wb+banish+last neme not so popular anymore with those insane pp, but still doable considering you are not in endgame.)
    ra/bo... eh no wait, they are not in sync. (a.k.a. I play this for fun criteria but pls dun bring it to EQ)
    bo/hu for double blade spamming. (before summoner hype, ppl tend to ask this a lot)

Skill tree let those better players answer you. I care less bout min-max and will be rant on if I do show my ideas. Since my surrounding environment involve do not neglect attacks but if possible stack as many hp as you can or anything will one shot you. Dead man won't do damage.

Exp? AQVH until you can AQSH, level up quest also considerable (I think it has something to do with City at this moment) EQ, usual stuff. (The current paradox of mbd is you should go in at best condition vs ppl go in to grind exp, maybe less obvious in XH but GL if you can find a VH/SH carrier.)

There is also a stat bonus if you do hit the 75 threshold, encouraging ppl to cap one class (also lv75 atm) before leveling others from scratch. Well, thats the reason people rant on someone with zamba with 70+/30+ aiming to leech, so don't do that.

Gearing... well, as usual, ask those veterans, not me. People do say red weapons with photon boosters are best until you join the end game community.

Other than that, umm... good luck finding a Team which will carry you, though you have to lessen the burden whenever possible.

Quote Originally Posted by InvertedWyvern View Post
    You're already way behind in the Arms Race :v, but its ok because so am I sadly :l

But never fear -

Ranger/Hunter, The One Shot One Kill Guide on the forums for Ra/Hu is still what I use. they're not exactly amazing at mobbing as Fo/Te is but bringing them to boss EQs really makes life easy for everyone due to Weak Bullet. Though I'm biased toward this since I love this class.
    For leveling I always found EQs being king and AQ in your spare time (Urban)
    TD3/4, Raging Elder Arms for example.

Braver/Hunter Hybrid (S-ATT)
    Catering more to your love of bows(amazing bossing weapon) and Katana (very fun/versatile melee weapon imo). Lots of surviability and mobility options. This is the definitive budget class of PSO2 as you need few things to be very effective. Gurren Tessen, Sakura Endo, and Hatou Rindou are the PAs you should be using with Katana which would be used to mob. Banishing Arrow > Kamikaze Arrow is the bow combo you'll be using to boss.
    Tree: http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skill...0fdoIb0000000j
    You'll see that Gurren Tessen is practically auto pilot and insane mobility and nice damage for barely any PP.

Those are my recommended out of your preferred classes though eventually you'll want to play all for class titles (free ATT/HP/PP stats). Sadly I wouldn't even touch Bouncer because they're a meme class. I know gear is another big topic but I rather not type paragraphs. Have fun and don't get discouraged by +210ATT units and spooky scary big Austere weapons.
    Yeeah, I'm tons behind, haha. Spent the last year going all out in FFXIV before I got a bit burned, so I came back here, haha.

Thanks for the tree link, btw. Gonna help tons.

Also, out of curiosity, what would be a solid build for Fo/Te? I'm probably going to end up grabbing another character slot with AC sooner or later, so I might end up making that character an all out T-ATK character maybe.

If I have questions about gear though, I'm sure that will come eventually whenever I get to the higher levels. Probably just gonna worry about the core basics first.

Reminding you that Fo/Te is the best (pls no kill me) when geared. If not, then you'll feel like it's just dumping endless meseta for trashy damage.

http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skill...2eAeFjJk000006

Here is mine for practically everything, but it's not optimized for specific style of play (for example my braver tree is pretty much full on Weak Stance/Bow focused, Katana is impossible).
    For Force/Techer I would recommend Fire Force Tree, and Light/Dark Techer Tree. The reasoning for my build is:
    1. There is a compound tech called Folmegedion that uses both Fire and Dark Multipliers, it's basically a photon cannon with elements.
    2. Fire is the best mobbing tech. Fast Charge, and nice AoE. However it's bossing is rather lackluster and PP dump compared to others. Using fire techs on mobs not even weak to fire does respectable damage.
    3. Light is an extremely important element due to it having Ragrants, one of the highest DPS moves in the game. Not to mention the amount of enemies weak to light.
    4. Dark is also cool with Gimegid, almost the same DPS as Ragrants but suffers heavy accuracy problems.

Gearing a Force is much more important though. A bit more headaches but I say it pays off since the class is basically lazy modo

I say the Ice Force is also strong but I'll leave that decision up to you, their bossing is much better due to Illbarta.
    Last edited by InvertedWyvern; Jan 2, 2016 at 01:30 AM.

Gotcha. Fo/Te is probably gonna be something I do when I need a break from the mains or when I'm bored, haha.

I think my final question, for now at least, is when you mentioned you use a build for Br completely focused on bow. Are there other weapons you use for mobbing, or do you just speed through with the bow anyway (Since you mentioned katana being impossible)?

I'm guessing the bow only tree is similar to what you linked to me, just swapping the Katana skills/Average stance points into Weak Stance?

Sorry about the nooby questions, btw. xD

No worries
    I'm pretty scrubby too.

My braver tree is designed for going Br/Gu, which is the best bossing class. Very niche class only for sandbag bosses like Magatsu EQ.
    I also used it for Ra/Br but that fell out when XH came out as well as 13* weapons.

Ofc you can still use katana for speeding up runs with Gurren Tessen dash spam cancel.

It's what suits me. The tree that i posted lets me play:
    Fi/Hu - S-ATT King due to Limit Break
    Ra/Hu - Tanky Weak Bullet Dispenser, probably my most played since it's simple and effective.
    Ra/Br* - Boss Rush, rarely use it now
    Fo/Te (Fire and another tree for Ice) - op lazy ez modo T-ATT
    Br/Gu - Bossing King R-ATT
    Bo/Hu - I feel like tanking all damage because I suck.

I use other characters to play:
    Br/Hu - Budget PSO2, TACO/DO/XQ mule
    and
    Te/Br - kinda like Force/Techer, trades off mobbing options for superior bossing.
    Last edited by InvertedWyvern; Jan 2, 2016 at 01:12 AM.

Gotcha. I was reading the Ranger thread, and it got me wondering about Ra/Br. With 13* weapons out now, would Br/Ra be a more viable option instead? I guess it depends on if you wanna use bows or rifles more, but I feel like bows would be a superior bossing weapon over rifles (And if maining Ranger that potentially restricts me to 12* bows).

I was also wondering how useful those builds were on the first page as well, considering that thread was made a year ago.

Thinking of starting out with Ra/Br (or Br/Ra, whichever is better really).

That'd be up to you.

My problem with Ra/Br is when you start doing XH stuff, your Launcher mobbing (Cluster Bullet) skill kinda flops and doesn't one shot like it does in SH. Which is why I went Ra/Hu instead not to mention more survivability and WB upkeep. Ra/Br shines on its combo of:
    (Weak Stance activated) Weak Bullet with Rifle > Switch to Bow > Banishing Arrow > Final Nemesis which will oneshot many SH bosses given that it hits.

There are many variations for this combo though, this is just basic huge burst. However, if you miss.....then you essentially just lost your WB, lots of PP, and nothing to show for it.

Br/Ra, I managed very poorly as the only "mobbing" skill you have is Penetrating Arrow which is pale compared to what Launcher can offer. Being an "ONLY USE 1 WEAPON TYPE" is incredibly painful. Switching to rifle makes you feel worthless if all you do is hold WB which is important but you can do more as Ra/Br.

I seriously put a lot of emphasis on mobbing, I know. But PSO2 is seriously mob heavy. Both these classes are definitely good for boss bursting though.
    Last edited by InvertedWyvern; Jan 2, 2016 at 01:28 AM.

There's little reason to use Br/Ra or Ra/Br nowadays
    since you can just use end attract instead of the whole nemesis combo, and has the freedom to switch to launcher while keeping WB. not to mention Hu sub is very good in UQ

I guess Br is still a decent sub for TA because guren, but there isn't much else

I don't recommend Bow only build, Bow is shitty at mobbing, and it's meant to be a bossing weapon. maybe you can raise one after you hit XH to deal with bossing EQ.

Braver is best used as a hybrid class, katana for mobs, bow for boss
    Unless you play FiBr which is Katana only