Page 58 of 85 FirstFirst ... 8485556575859606168 ... LastLast

as a hu/fi sword main, the only PAs practically never use are stun conside, cruel throw and so so with twister fall, all other PAs have their uses wich is why sword is so fun. sonic arrow is an exelent gear builder, with a single point in hunter gear boost you can top your empty gear bar with a single use if the proyectile hits 2 or more enemies

ignition parry is quite powerfull if you manage to get it to work, i ´ve noticed though that even if you trigger the parry with the first hit only the last 4 get noticable increase in damage.

overend is powerfull, but slow, i only use it when i see a lot of enemies stacked in a line in front of me or when i want to finish up a boss with style

and please, just please, dont be one of those techers wanabe that go on a autoattack gameplay with dragonslayer, thats just embarrasing for us dedicated sword users
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic76748_3.gif

Thanks for all the feedback and discussion - really helps in making up my mind on this. Just picked up a red sword and customized some PAs, so I'll be ready to roll once that potential is unlocked. Didn't get much time to actually put the class combo into practice yet as I've only just started experimenting with all of the sword PAs in the Campship for an hour or so. Definitely gonna take some time to get used to after playing BR/HU for so long lol.

Stun Concido is good and worth it if you're a real swordsman. It's mostly as TAJA initiation for Ignite Parrying since the 15PP loss is completely offset by boosting your strongest and most DPP efficient PA and no other PA besides SA, which is just plainly worse, really cuts for that role since Stun is just 30F and Guilty Break was like a second+ without looking it up.

Please don't tell people to rotate Rising Edge with Nova/Twister. Twister is a bad PA in like 50% of your boss fights purely because those amazing Swiki notations are based on the whole shockwave hitting. It really varies but sometimes especially if you don't know how to position you can only get 1 tick in which means the DPS and DPP both take a dive. It's also good if all 3 hits manage to reach the weakpoint. Nova is just Nova. It's a mobbing PA with a big gap in DPS compared to Rising Edge and I wouldn't really advise it unless you really have nothing to rotate, the funny part is that Nova strike with TAJA does less DPS than Rising Edge without TAJA.

While you should use Rising -> Twister rotations if you are sure you will hit 3 or at least 2 shockwave hits (but at 2 it also becomes kind of DPP drain if short, and kind of DPS drop to Nova levels if long), there are other more viable combinations overall. Rising Edge - Over End is okay if you can land it without having to get hit. Stunned bosses or some slow bosses come to mind with large gaps between attacks. Over End in general has almost identical DPP/DPS values to Rising Edge. Rising -> Ride Slasher is another situational rotation to use when Ride Slasher can get all 4 hits in preferably all in wise or brave, its biggest upside is that Ride Slasher has great DPS and not bad DPP. Rising -> Guilty will work anywhere as long as you can aim it, sometimes with the help of TPS, the only downside is that while DPS of Guilty is great it's kind of DPP sink.

Also keep in mind that swiki PA frame notations are tested using one enemy as the target - it uses the hitstop value for one enemy so in bossing situations you can use it raw without accounting for it. For mobbing generally almost all Sword PAs have varying degrees of hitstop and it's not worth accounting for it. In particular both Nova and Over End are equally bad in this area. Nova generally is still better. It doesn't offload all damage at the end which is useful in MPA setting when enemies don't have 2m hp each, and you can benefit from charge parrying PP regeneration. The AoE is also better especially after the buff.

I would also advise against bullying Hu/Br Dragon Slayers players since they would blow you all the fuck out with decent probability.
    Last edited by vantpers; Dec 9, 2016 at 01:41 PM.

hi fellow hunters,

just got back into hunter after a break and played mostly r-atk chars before that so looking for some hu/fi advice, my tree goals:
    http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skill...00000lo000000j
    humarl for roleplaying reasons and i dont use wl's, maybe with the future level80 sp's ill pick them up
    currently using +32 gix for fun and will probably convert huge cutter+35 to wind for ether pd
    will grind new astra hunter weps as pp on attack seems great for hunter

my question is what rings are best? for r-ring im guessing kill bonus for mobbing and p-strike for bossing
    for l-rings im kinda stuck:
    1. hunter gear save is solid, probably safe to attach to astra unit
    2. jg sonic arrow - is this worth a ring slot?
    3. air reversal - i heard it mentioned on this thread but my inexperience with hunter doesn't let me see how its good, is it cause you spend time in air with rising edge a lot?
    4. mate lovers
    5. future ja step ring seems great for hu/fi
    6. any others worth considering?

also how much final pp minimum would you guys recommend? i feel like with buffed sword(+astra pot) normals, kill bonus and war brave, 150 should be plenty but i guess on boss eq's more will be better?

last question is what are some good pa rotations for bossing with sword if any? or should i just stick with volg>zenith?

thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Batty View Post
    and please, just please, dont be one of those techers wanabe that go on a autoattack gameplay with dragonslayer, thats just embarrasing for us dedicated sword users
    It has been proven time and time again that HU/BR Dragon Slayer is a perfectly viable playstyle. Please learn to play before you post things like these. Thanks.
    $18,000

Quote Originally Posted by Eos View Post
    It has been proven time and time again that HU/BR Dragon Slayer is a perfectly viable playstyle. Please learn to play before you post things like these. Thanks.
    I think he meant TE/HUs with dragon slayer autoattacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Volkh View Post
    I think he meant TE/HUs with dragon slayer autoattacks.
    Nah, he didn't. He was comparing Hu/Br normal attack ability with Te/Xx wand smack normals. Surprised it's a problem to him again, but, whatever.

I have a weird question... I know that TAJA applies to PAs that you use after the JG rings. But does TAJA apply even if you use the same PA? Like, if I use Sonic Arrow right after JG Sonic Arrow, will TAJA apply? I'm not sure if they're counted as being the same PA or if they're considered to be different PAs. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynesio View Post
    But does TAJA apply even if you use the same PA?
    No...

That's really out there... I would highly doubt it. If it did, lol, that'd be a lot of fun with WL.