Page 10 of 85 FirstFirst ... 789101112132060 ... LastLast

Whatever the reason, Ideal weapons are still very good. Not the best =/= bad.
    Remember that some of us got Ideal weapons when it was either that or Ares, and if I can eliminate RNG... I have to this day yet not found a single Ares weapon >_>

Suggesting Austere is amazingly dumb, but with what the game is like today, going for Ideal sword is not the brightest idea, either. Orbit, Seiga or simply Ares swords are not too difficult to get and will perform better overall.

After seeing Su tree closely again, despite most of the stuff is pet related aka main class only, there's some stuff that's interesting for making the "magic warrior or battle mage" HuSu. All Attack Bonus is just Average Stance (though slightly weaker), but the plus is you can cast tech, would be good for those that were previously HuTe isn't it, or Territory Burst + Wand Lover is just too good to pass? Any opinion on that?
    Last edited by Naska; Feb 5, 2016 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrith View Post
    Whatever the reason, Ideal weapons are still very good. Not the best =/= bad.
    Worse/equal to Red weapons for mobbing. That's not "very good". Sure the bossing's fantastic, but you should really get a different sword if you ever use swords for mobs, but all the swords that have better mobbing are 13*s and Ely Sion so I guess it's "OK".

Though yeah nowadays Seiga, Ares, and Orbit are readily available (to a lesser extent for Orbit) and only a few % weaker than Austere, and are equally good for mobbing and bossing. Austere only gets a mention because the guy talks like sword is the only weapon he uses and if he wants to be the best sword user obviously the best sword is necessary for that, right?

Got few questions for you guys, as a player who stopped at the start of EP2 and just came back for EP4:
    1) I was pretty much a sword user only back in EP1, so I must admit I have no idea how effective partisans and wirelances are. What are the usual PA for both of them?

2) after reading posts left and right, it seems Sword is pretty weaksauce compared to Partisans and Wirelances due to how long it takes to have the gear + sacrifice bite along with the slow wind up for most of the moves. Is it really better to just run with the other two weapons, or are you actually effective with swords in some situations like bosses?
    Back in the day, Sonic Arrow and Over End were the only PA you needed, but I guess not juggling between Guilty Break, Crafted Twister Fall and Ride Slash is a very bad idea.

3) if I understood correctly, crafted red series weapon is a good start. Do you keep them until you manage to grind enough for Invade/Austere series or transitions between both are possible? I must admit the damage variance with crafted red series is really bothersome as far as I could play with a red sword with potential 1.

Current skill tree looks like this. Still have 12 SP left in Fi, but not too sure if dual stance is actually a thing.

i can tell you right now sword is better at mobbing than lances and partizan is up for debate but for bossing partizan volg combos are the strongest you got (note volg wont be great against everything ever also a couple good combos to use with volg are volg zenith normal volg assault slide end) and while im too lazy to look at your skill tree a hu main should have both stances (note there are situations where holding current would be better than volg or situations where you would actually want to boss with sword)

Quote Originally Posted by Macmaxi View Post
    getting orbit / austere is kinda time consuming for people who can't make it to every EQ especially when they missed the initial wave of EQ's so getting ideal / mobbing weapon is okay what are people on about

doubt you would feel much of a difference, heck ideal knuckles are even more damage for some people than aus (ideal + set / vs. no set).
    as for vantpers the damage shown under ideal would be what orbit is doing to EVERYTHING not just bosses (and that sweet pp)
    Last edited by Flaoc; Feb 5, 2016 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Falco View Post
    as for vantpers the damage shown under ideal would be what orbit is doing to EVERYTHING not just bosses (and that sweet pp)
    Orbit PP is such an overstatement when your attack recovers 6PP more in the time it would take you to recover 4-5PP based on natural regeneration alone. I bet in the time it takes to step + step attack natural PP regen would be more than 3PP you gain for Orbit.

Orbit is a lie good only as 15 element photon collector for Sword.

And I won't use Austere because I don't look good with it. Can't roleplay with it and it's not like I need that 4% damage to ravage and destroy.

Quote Originally Posted by vantpers View Post
    And I won't use Austere because I don't look good with it. Can't roleplay with it
    Well that explains a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by vantpers View Post
    And I won't use Austere because I don't look good with it. Can't roleplay with it
    well i can see why this thread is such a joke now

I thought he was trolling at first. But he's been trying way too hard lately to be trolling.

Yes fuck you, I am the best Hunter while roleplaying.

The thread's been a joke ever since it was made by a "tank" Fighter. Can't even keep it alive without my special powers.
    Last edited by vantpers; Feb 5, 2016 at 02:04 PM.