Page 34 of 85 FirstFirst ... 24313233343536374484 ... LastLast

it is a photon art, smartass

According to swiki, 6 hits total.
    Also HU/FI cannot use Zanverse without the help of specific weapons.
    >Heavy Hammer
    >get blow off by an Oodan

i'm seeing more hits than that for one pa use on one enemy,, seems around 7-10

Quote Originally Posted by fanfred View Post
    it is a photon art, smartass
    Well, if you check his history of posting.... definitely a troll.

Unless, ya know, he back it up with a video or something to show that his comedy is lethal.

I don't understand the point of that kind of trolling. Is displaying stupidity a good thing to do?
    >Heavy Hammer
    >get blow off by an Oodan

just a question about two photon arts that are difficult to exactly discern with sight -

Are there any recommended pa's for bosses like odin/angel?
    outside crafted twister fall i feel like i am not doing much against them

Outside of Crafted Twister Fall, Sword doesn't have any really safe high DPS PAs. Try JA'ing after doing Just Guards via Charge Parry or shift guards to open up your options into Rising Edge > Crafted Twister Fall. Though honestly, you might be better off using Partizan since it has PAs that hit flying or high reach targets easier and faster.
    Spoiler!

[Ship 02]
    ID: Shadowstarkirby
    Character: Dial
    Classes: Hr, Fi/Hu, Hu/Fi, Br/Hu, Bo/Hu, Ra/Hu, Gu/Hu, Te/Fi, Su/Fi, Fo/Te

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstarkirby View Post
    Outside of Crafted Twister Fall, Sword doesn't have any really safe high DPS PAs. Try JA'ing after doing Just Guards via Charge Parry or shift guards to open up your options into Rising Edge > Crafted Twister Fall. Though honestly, you might be better off using Partizan since it has PAs that hit flying or high reach targets easier and faster.
    Does Twister Fall give you i-frames or anything? Or is it just good because it comes out instantly and needs no charge up.

Anyways I've found that Katana compliments Sword very well. If you can multi-class a red katana and run Hu/Br it becomes a fairly balanced melee class since you have both hard-hitting sword PAs and very mobile katana PAs.

I actually don't use crafted Twister Fall by virtue of how ridiculous it looks when you can move with it, but it's crazy strong I've found when you hit stuff with it. I actually prefer to use Nova Strike since it has hyperarmor and allows me to stick to Magatsu when he uses his AoE knockback. Also good for hitting a bunch of enemies around me.

Anyways, how good is Charge Parry? I've thrown like 1 point into it but found it a bit underwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokurokoki View Post
    Does Twister Fall give you i-frames or anything? Or is it just good because it comes out instantly and needs no charge up.

Anyways I've found that Katana compliments Sword very well. If you can multi-class a red katana and run Hu/Br it becomes a fairly balanced melee class since you have both hard-hitting sword PAs and very mobile katana PAs.

I actually don't use crafted Twister Fall by virtue of how ridiculous it looks when you can move with it, but it's crazy strong I've found when you hit stuff with it. I actually prefer to use Nova Strike since it has hyperarmor and allows me to stick to Magatsu when he uses his AoE knockback. Also good for hitting a bunch of enemies around me.

Anyways, how good is Charge Parry? I've thrown like 1 point into it but found it a bit underwhelming.
    Crafted Twister Fall doesn't have any hitstop, making it extremely safe and easy to shift guard out of unlike everything else. Also you shouldn't run Hu/Br since you'll be significantly weaker than if you had subbed Fi. Sword and Katana pretty much overlap in their purpose anyway which is mobbing, so taking both is redundant. Charge Parry is very good as it allows Sword to play more aggressively, 3 points is the least you should put into it imo, you get half a second to parry at start up to nullify damage completely.

If you want a good combo for sandbags like Magatsu and you're sure you can survive his attacks while in the middle of your own, Rising Edge > Nova Strike is the best it's gonna get unless you uncraft your Twister Fall, which you shouldn't imo. Sword just doesn't have high DPS regardless.
    Last edited by Shadowstarkirby; Jul 17, 2016 at 09:27 PM.
    Spoiler!

[Ship 02]
    ID: Shadowstarkirby
    Character: Dial
    Classes: Hr, Fi/Hu, Hu/Fi, Br/Hu, Bo/Hu, Ra/Hu, Gu/Hu, Te/Fi, Su/Fi, Fo/Te