Page 41 of 85 FirstFirst ... 313839404142434451 ... LastLast

speaking of sword, is orbit still the best sword after austere? i have an orbit sword allready affixed for 110 atk and 3 ray swords i have obtained from sheet. i dont know if upgrade the orbit to 60 atribute or get the 3 remaining rays and use those torana stones to get the austere unit set
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic76748_3.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Bellion View Post
    That's way off from what the S-wiki states.
    The moment you successfully Just Guard once with IP, you're invincible and cannot guard again unless you wish to guard cancel the attack for whatever reason. At Gear 3 with a Just Guard is when you receive the full effect which essentially doubles its damage from Gear 0 and no JG. You want to use IP for its invincibility and balance of DPS + highest DPP. You obviously want to use it on bosses like those of the ultimate quests, but don't bother using it against the weak enemies.
    Perhaps I've misunderstood it then, but if that's the case then could you explain why the comparison table at the bottom of the wiki's sword PA page lists 484 DPS for "No gear 1JG" and 581 DPS for "No gear 3JG" (and 1150 DPS for "During gear 3JG")? If you only need to guard once for the full effect, why do "No gear 1JG" and "No gear 3JG" have different DPS numbers? Thanks.

Are you using Google Translate? This is what I see.
    ギア1JGなし Gear 1 No JG
    ギア3JGなし Gear 3 No JG
    ギア3JG時 Gear 3 With JG

Quote Originally Posted by Batty View Post
    speaking of sword, is orbit still the best sword after austere? i have an orbit sword allready affixed for 110 atk and 3 ray swords i have obtained from sheet. i dont know if upgrade the orbit to 60 atribute or get the 3 remaining rays and use those torana stones to get the austere unit set
    I'd finish the Orbit, it's better than Ray. If you find it too cumbersome to use in combat though, you could always finish the Ray while using Orbit soley for PP regen and get Austere Units.
    Spoiler!

[Ship 02]
    ID: Shadowstarkirby
    Character: Dial
    Classes: Hr, Fi/Hu, Hu/Fi, Br/Hu, Bo/Hu, Ra/Hu, Gu/Hu, Te/Fi, Su/Fi, Fo/Te

I got a question about charge parrying, is it from the front only like the Tech Charge Parry ring? And likewise, does it just JG the attack and then let you use your charged pa like the rig letting you use your tech or does it cancel the charged pa?
    If it's normally front only, does Allguard allow it be work from all directions?
    And does it proc Guard Healing / Just Guard PP Gain?

All Guard, Guard Healing, and Just Guard PP Gain all work with it. It doesn't cancel the PA.

^

And aside from gaining all of the benefits of Guard-type skills, Charge Parrying is also not limited to blocking only one hit, unlike Tech C Parry ring (which can only guard one hit per block). So with All Guard, Charge Parrying essentially makes your Hunter invincible within its time duration.

Since there was some discussion on the fighter board, how viable is guard stance and flash guard? I feel like a lot of people still maximize a hunter for damage, and i'm wondering myself how to run my HU/FI build with my cast.

Guard Stance isn't really viable. I have a Guard Stance tree and it's fun to play around with sometimes, but it sucks for actually dealing damage, and in practice it's overkill for survivability. Any normal Fury build with Automate is already unkillable, so why get Guard Stance?

Flash Guard can be nice if you have nothing else to get though.

Thanks for the thoughtful reply. It also seems like massive hunter is a hot topic as well. Anyone's thoughts?